Definitely: UXM, X-Force, NYX
    Probably Not: Phoenix, Wolverine, X-Men, EXM
    Waiting: Storm, X-Factor

Yes:
    Maybe: X-Force
    No: Exceptional, NYX, Uncanny, X-Men, Phoenix
    Waiting: Storm, X-Factor, Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I’ll try the first issue of all f the new books.
    Most excited for XM, UXM, Phoenix!

I think I’m gonna try everything but I’ll rate my level of excitement. I’ll also say I do not have personal experience w/ most of these writers so a lot is going to obviously depend on the actual quality of the work. Promotional materials ultimately tell a fraction of the story.

Cautiously excited for: X-Force and NYX (like these rosters, but again so much is dependent on the actual quality of the books).

Willing to give an honest shot: Uncanny X-Men and X-Men. I‘m more excited for Gail’s run because I am more familiar with her work and I LOVE the artist. Could take or leave the 4 new characters. I’ve heard enough good things about McKay to think his run could be really fun.

Not excited about: Phoenix and Exceptional X-Men. My experience with Phillips soured me BUT will try out the first issue for Jean. On the opposite end of the spectrum I’m trying out EXM to give Eve Ewing a chance, but the Emma x Kitty dúo does nothing for me after a lot of them in Krakoa and those new characters and their designs do not inspire confidence.

For the remaining three, the premise and creative team would have to be egregious for me to not be excited about Storm. Will pick up Wolverine for that sweet Capullo art. X-Factor is a huge wildcard (that I hope includes Synch!).
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-11-2024 at 10:02 PM.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Yes: X-Men, Uncanny

Probably yes: NYX (despite me saying no to Lanzing/Kelly, I’m thinking I probably will give this a go based on the initial cast), X-Force, X-Factor (bound to have a decent cast, given who’s not in books already)

Maybe: Exceptional, Wolverine (depends on the writer)

No: Phoenix, Storm

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I'd definitely like to try out the Phoenix series. Hope it's good. Should my budget allow it I might give Uncanny a spin as well.

Definitely:

X-Men - Cyke's my guy so I was already going to pick it up regardless of the rest of the team but I love the entire cast as well (Quire can gtfo though.) MacKay and Stegman seem like a great creative team too!

NYX - Love the cast and I did enjoy Kelly & Lanzing's short lived Captain America series. Mortarino is also a fantastic artist and will fit the young vibe perfectly.

No to everything else. Need to tighten the purse strings a bit.
    Last edited by Amacent; 04-11-2024 at 11:40 PM.

Getting: Uncanny X-men, X-force, NYX (this last one for Anole and Prodigy).
    Maybe: X-men (Quentin Quire is a huge turn off).
    No: Exceptional X-men, Phoenix, Wolverine.
    Waiting: X-factor, Storm.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 04-12-2024 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Feel like it really depends on what era of Laura. There's certainly an odd couple aspect to the two teaming up, but All-New Wolverine Laura teaming up with Kamala doesn't feel too odd to me.
    Yeah, in ANW Laura was much more of a standard superhero, she even got cured of her trigger scent in that run, and lost the cloning blues when she found out Sarah Kinney was actually her mother and not just an incubator used to grow her foetus self. Laura's grown out of her early trauma and dark origin. A connection between Laura and Kamala was foreshadowed at the end in a story set in the future too - Laura and Gabby actually got instructions for a mission directly from Kamala, who was the POTUS. Kamala's very first team-up was with Logan too, and she was on the X-Men with Talon, who was another version of Laura, so Kamala's no stranger to working with Wolverines. Gabby was mentioned to be a Champion too, but she was only on the Reinforcement Roster and never actually appeared in the book. Still, if she knows Gabby and Logan and knew Talon, she should be quite familiar with Laura.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-12-2024 at 04:35 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think I’m gonna try everything but I’ll rate my level of excitement. I’ll also say I do not have personal experience w/ most of these writers so a lot is going to obviously depend on the actual quality of the work. Promotional materials ultimately tell a fraction of the story.

Cautiously excited for: X-Force and NYX (like these rosters, but again so much is dependent on the actual quality of the books).

Willing to give an honest shot: Uncanny X-Men and X-Men. I‘m more excited for Gail’s run because I am more familiar with her work and I LOVE the artist. Could take or leave the 4 new characters. I’ve heard enough good things about McKay to think his run could be really fun.

Not excited about: Phoenix and Exceptional X-Men. My experience with Phillips soured me BUT will try out the first issue for Jean. On the opposite end of the spectrum I’m trying out EXM to give Eve Ewing a chance, but the Emma x Kitty dúo does nothing for me after a lot of them in Krakoa and those new characters and their designs do not inspire confidence.

For the remaining three, the premise and creative team would have to be egregious for me to not be excited about Storm. Will pick up Wolverine for that sweet Capullo art. X-Factor is a huge wildcard (that I hope includes Synch!).
    Oh yeah, I forgot Ewing was on EXM. I might give it a shot just to support her. She did a ton of work salvaging Riri and making her a lot more compelling as a character, and I want Marvel to know I recognize the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot Ewing was on EXM. I might give it a shot just to support her. She did a ton of work salvaging Riri and making her a lot more compelling as a character, and I want Marvel to know I recognize the effort.
    Yeah Ewing did a great job with Riri. If delays hadn't affected Outlawed, her Champions run would have been great, and she is doing a good job restoring Black Panther after Ridley completely destroyed him almost to the levels of Percy's Beast.

If she used already established characters instead of new ones (and a bunch that look very uninspiring), I would give Exceptional X-men a chance. Also the designs are very boring, that Kitty Pryde dressed with that blue potato sack, unforgivable.

Extraordinary Member

There are writers here I know I am probably going to not like and none that have won me over (to be fair, there are few to no current writers that I feel are must buys for me) so I will leave the writer aspect out of it and just consider pitch, roster and promo impressions.

Hyped: X-Men, NYX
    Liking: Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
    Uninterested: Exceptional X-Men, Phoenix