Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Clark Kent and Superman are the Same person!!

Astonishing Member

Barry should still be heroically dead , God rest his Soul. Wally should still be Flash.

The Superman v. Batman "fight" at the end of DKR was silly. It was Superman doing his best to not hurt his friend who's a fragile old man, while Batman's just wailing on him screaming, "HAHA - I beat you!!" before keeling over. (even if it was a ploy to fake his own death, that should've been the twist - that Bruce wasn't actually trying to fight Superman either, he just needed to make it look good. But his edgelord internal monologue showed otherwise - that he took it seriously whilst Clark was clearly trying not to fight him) And then years later Snyder really took it seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Sometimes I think that Barbara Gordon should've stayed in that wheelchair and remained Oracle.

Made her much more interesting.
    100% agree. Babs back as Batgirl is boring AF to me. Loved her as Oracle and in the wheelchair.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't blame Crisis for the Legion's troubles - I blame the Superman editorial office. Also, I thought the Legion was very repairable, but that's another kettle of fish...
    I always thought the most clever thing Legion could have done is just carry on, occasionally show a statue of Superboy and Supergirl in the HQ that are only seen in silhouette or from some obfuscating angle, mention that nobody ever seems to get the dates and details about them right, and never clear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I always thought the most clever thing Legion could have done is just carry on, occasionally show a statue of Superboy and Supergirl in the HQ that are only seen in silhouette or from some obfuscating angle, mention that nobody ever seems to get the dates and details about them right, and never clear it up.
    ^^^That IS clever. Upvote.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Superman v. Batman "fight" at the end of DKR was silly. It was Superman doing his best to not hurt his friend who's a fragile old man, while Batman's just wailing on him screaming, "HAHA - I beat you!!" before keeling over. (even if it was a ploy to fake his own death, that should've been the twist - that Bruce wasn't actually trying to fight Superman either, he just needed to make it look good. But his edgelord internal monologue showed otherwise - that he took it seriously whilst Clark was clearly trying not to fight him) And then years later Snyder really took it seriously...
    To be fair Snyder wasn't the first to do so. For decades we heard about how Miller hates Superman and how Batman can beat up Superman with enough prep time.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    To be fair Snyder wasn't the first to do so. For decades we heard about how Miller hates Superman and how Batman can beat up Superman with enough prep time.
    Yeah, but Miller didn't spend millions of dollars recreating that fight as though they were evenly matched.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Crisis on Infinite Earths was a huge mistake, creating for more problems than it ever solved and forever stifling not just creativity within the DCU, but irrevocably f***ing franchises like the Legion beyond repair.
    For the damage it did Crisis saved DC comics. Without it I am 100% convinced DC would be like archie comics with you just getting stand alone no continuity generic Superman and Batman stories with and occasional Wonder Woman thrown in. Crisis kept DC from being broken up and sold off.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The percentage of posts referencing a character as boring, stupid, smelly, etc. has an excellent correlation with how that character affects another character whom the poster(s) has a personal stake in.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think Snapper Carr is boring, stupid, smelly, etc.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    I think Snapper Carr is boring, stupid, smelly, etc.
    LOL

Okay, there is an exception for every rule.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

1. A rogues gallery can be to big. I’ve always thought that a superhero really only needs 4-9 named rogues. Any less and the stories start to feel repetitive (fighting the same three guys over and over again) . Anymore and you start to conceptual and thematic repeats ( do you really need Riddler and Cluemaster, sure they have differences but for all intents and purposes they fill the same niche).
    2. DC has essentially made most of their characters irrelevant by writing their books in a way that really only four to six characters matter. Marvel does and always has done a better job of developing characters from all over their roster.
    Legacy.
    3. DC’s legacy concept is broken. Not the concept of legacy itself but rather. The fact that DC doesn’t know what to do with characters once they have outgrown(been replaced) in the legacy identity. (See any Robin not named Damion or Dick, or Wally West)

”Everything matters” is a load of crap and a complete cop out. The pieces don’t line up, and no effort has been made to line them up.

Also, if TPTB don’t realize SOON that the past and future of the DCU is important to the fans, they won’t have any fans left.
    (See: the JSA and the Legion).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I thought of something similar. The Legion was "inspired" by the legend of Superboy but no one can verify if he ever existed or not.
    Assassinate Putin!