Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

I think it's kind of strange that they don't have more on-going comics that are continuations of their other media. That seems like it would be an easy Elseworlds to keep in the line and build on an established continuity.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

These are my statements:
    Arsenal’s Outsiders team was great & should still be ongoing
    This Outsiders book should’ve been the Terrifics
    Wally West’s Rebirth costume with the original Flash lightning symbol would be perfect
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    These are my statements:
    Arsenal’s Outsiders team was great & should still be ongoing
    This Outsiders book should’ve been the Terrifics
    Wally West’s Rebirth costume with the original Flash lightning symbol would be perfect
    ^^^Agree (loved that book), agree (hate the unneeded Battiness), agree (that was a kick ass costume).

All-New Member

Bringing back Barry Allen was probably a mistake. There wasn't a good reason to do it.

Green Lantern x Hawkgirl on Justice League is better than anything with Hawkgirl and Hawkman. Considering that, I do understand why the "It was okay for the show, but..." crowd feels so threatened by it.

The Emotional Spectrum was always a stupid and corny concept, and making a bunch of multi-colored Green Lantern alternates was never creative, but kudos to Johns for doing whatever it was he did to sell people on it.

People say that DC started going downhill when DiDio took over, and I can understand that, but if you examine the charts they were being spanked way too hard by Marvel throughout the 90s. While the company was creatively stronger pre-DiDio, I think the company was still not doing great, sans some hits like triangle Superman titles, Morrison's JLA, and Batman was always consistent. Though I don't agree with the method in the long run, DiDio did inject interest in the brand with his dumb nonstop string of events.

Now that DiDio is gone, which I wanted since forever ago, I'm nonplussed to say that from what I have seen, DC doesn't seem to be much better. Some problems are gone (blatantly playing favorites with very beloved characters), and some are the same (nonstop string of dumb events), but there is generally low energy in the brand right now, I'd say.

I think Superman having a child is unappealing.

I think Batman having a child is perhaps even more unappealing.

There are too many characters and some of them need to be culled. The "families" are out of hand.

The stop-and-start nature of these relaunches, which try to capitalize on releasing #1 issues over and over again, is ultimately killing modern superhero comics. Like many other problems, it's short-term gain for long-term death. The serialized nature of these comics is what draws many people to them, but when the audience feels that the continuity isn't there, it's difficult for them to passionately invest in the stories. Why should they when they are given so much messaging that the stories don't matter? Six issues later there will just be a relaunch with a new creative team that takes everything in a whole different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bragger View Post
    The stop-and-start nature of these relaunches, which try to capitalize on releasing #1 issues over and over again, is ultimately killing modern superhero comics. Like many other problems, it's short-term gain for long-term death. The serialized nature of these comics is what draws many people to them, but when the audience feels that the continuity isn't there, it's difficult for them to passionately invest in the stories. Why should they when they are given so much messaging that the stories don't matter? Six issues later there will just be a relaunch with a new creative team that takes everything in a whole different direction.
    ^^^I've been beating that drum for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I was surprised to read the art comment!!!
    I don't mean all art, but there's a lot of bad stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bragger View Post
    Bringing back Barry Allen was probably a mistake. There wasn't a good reason to do it.

Green Lantern x Hawkgirl on Justice League is better than anything with Hawkgirl and Hawkman. Considering that, I do understand why the "It was okay for the show, but..." crowd feels so threatened by it.

The Emotional Spectrum was always a stupid and corny concept, and making a bunch of multi-colored Green Lantern alternates was never creative, but kudos to Johns for doing whatever it was he did to sell people on it.

People say that DC started going downhill when DiDio took over, and I can understand that, but if you examine the charts they were being spanked way too hard by Marvel throughout the 90s. While the company was creatively stronger pre-DiDio, I think the company was still not doing great, sans some hits like triangle Superman titles, Morrison's JLA, and Batman was always consistent. Though I don't agree with the method in the long run, DiDio did inject interest in the brand with his dumb nonstop string of events.

Now that DiDio is gone, which I wanted since forever ago, I'm nonplussed to say that from what I have seen, DC doesn't seem to be much better. Some problems are gone (blatantly playing favorites with very beloved characters), and some are the same (nonstop string of dumb events), but there is generally low energy in the brand right now, I'd say.

I think Superman having a child is unappealing.

I think Batman having a child is perhaps even more unappealing.

There are too many characters and some of them need to be culled. The "families" are out of hand.

Well to be fair, the departure was not "clean". They had Death Metal Cosmic Doorknob Dark Crisis Future State Infinite Frontier themselves out of the New Poopy-2 redux that was 5G. We are still dealling with inherited poopoo platter of dumb things that regime ....gifted us. I really hope they can recover.