Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    2. DC has essentially made most of their characters irrelevant by writing their books in a way that really only four to six characters matter. Marvel does and always has done a better job of developing characters from all over their roster.
    Legacy.
    ^^^Kind of ties into what I came in here to say; DC’s focusing almost solely on the Bat Family has made it impossible for any street level hero not associated w. them to carry a solo title and that’s a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Kind of ties into what I came in here to say; DC’s focusing almost solely on the Bat Family has made it impossible for any street level hero not associated w. them to carry a solo title and that’s a shame.
    Stick Vic Sage back in Hub City as The Question investigating ground-level and sometimes off the beaten path crimes, and I'd be all over it!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Stick Vic Sage back in Hub City as The Question investigating ground-level and sometimes off the beaten path crimes, and I'd be all over it!
    I'd argue there's room for all kinds of Noir-ish revivals: Captain Compass, Roy Raymond, The Crimson Avenger.

^^^You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'd argue there's room for all kinds of Noir-ish revivals: Captain Compass, Roy Raymond, The Crimson Avenger.
    ^^^I think DC would be the one(s) arguing w. you!

Boisterously Confused

I think DC would be the one(s) arguing w. you!
    Yeah. Bad odds.

I'd be all over that as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Superman is smarter than Batman.
    100x smarter. Kryptonians are supposed to have 'fifth level brains', which is two orders of magnitude higher than humans with their 'third level brains.'

Even if Kal is average intelligence by Kryptonian standards, he's a hundred times smarter than the average human, and Batman is like, a genius among humans, which is, not even close... Plus, depending on the stuff you read, he can either A) think and process information at the speed of light, and / or B) had the sum total of Kryptonian language, art, philosophy, science, technology, lore and even *martial arts* downloaded into his brain. (Yeah, that's right, he should probably, *without his powers,* know more (alien) kung-fu than the Bat!)

Reminds of that quote from Dr. Manhatten, to Ozymandius. "World's smartest man? Might as well be the world's smartest cockroach, as far as I'm concerned."

We already have a controversial opinions thread. It's still open.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rt-II)/page332

Fantastic Member

Beast Boy's (Changeling) true love will always be Terra Markov, not that goth Raven. There, I said it. And I will stand by it to the death.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Beast Boy's (Changeling) true love will always be Terra Markov, not that goth Raven. There, I said it. And I will stand by it to the death.

--jthree
    ^^^I do t mind him being w. Raven, but Gar’s doomed relationship w. Terra was way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    ^^^You and me both.
    I'd be all over that as well.
    When it comes to Vic Sage: The Question, I'm in total agreement with the majority...

LOL! Still love that sense of humor...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    When it comes to Vic Sage: The Question, I'm in total agreement with the majority...

LOL! Still love that sense of humor...

^^^HA! Rorschach sucks.
    Man The Question was a great book.

^^^HA! Rorschach sucks.
    It's too bad Vic didn't get a chance to tell him that to his face during "Doomsday Clock." (even if it was a different Rorschach) But I guess Johns didn't want to acknowledge that there actually was a "Watchmen" comic book in the DCU.

So, to swing things back around to the topic at hand:
    -- I'm fine with DC doing whatever they want with the Watchmen characters. Moore can whine all he wants, but he had no problem using other people's toys (it was DC that made him change them to original characters, after all) so he shouldn't act like he owns those toys after he's done with them.

So, to swing things back around to the topic at hand:
    -- I'm fine with DC doing whatever they want with the Watchmen characters. Moore can whine all he wants, but he had no problem using other people's toys (it was DC that made him change them to original characters, after all) so he shouldn't act like he owns those toys after he's done with them.
    ^^^I've said that forever. Such an F’ing hypocrite.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We already have a controversial opinions thread. It's still open.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rt-II)/page332
    I thought this is for your stupid opinions that you'll die for, as opposed to your side in a controversy or your own personal head-canon.
    "Clark Kent is a mask" is a controversial opinion.
    "The K-Metal from Krypton is canon" is head-canon.
    "Kryptonite should be eaten salted" is stupid.