Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Batman is boring, his rogues gallery is overrated, Joker is insufferable, batfamily is mostly meh..... except Cass and Jason, they are cool. Oh and I don't get the appeal of Dick Grayson. He's like Bruce but without many of his personality flaws which makes Dick even more boring. Ric > Dick
    Gonna agree, actually on Dick. He's pretty much "happy Daredevil".

Which is like the least interesting Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Gonna agree, actually on Dick. He's pretty much "happy Daredevil".

Which is like the least interesting Daredevil.
    I never thought of it this way but you're absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Thats only half the saying.
    What's the other half?

In many cases, I like hero vs hero stories over hero vs. villain ones.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Lots of characters should either be killed, retconned out of existence or given a story reason for why they hanged up the cape and we'll never see them again.
    Yeah… literally all you have to do is have a bunch of them “retire” from superheroing and take up public service jobs (or shoot anything that can have an altruistic spin to it: teachers, social workers, public defense lawyers, etc.). Then if you really must you can have them briefly show up in costume every couple years for those big “here comes the cavalry” group shots at the end of major Crisis-like events.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The entire Glorious Godfrey subplot aged beautifully.
    In the US, we are literally living through a hyper version of that plot.

Making WW the daughter of Zeus was misogynistic and so are all attempts to defend it.
    I am trying so hard to find a falsehood here.... but, nope! #NoLiesDetected!

Batman War Crimes is underrated.

Ultimate Member

Making WW the daughter of Zeus was misogynistic and so are all attempts to defend it.
    It is weird how of the 'Trinity,' Clark and Bruce were both born with either great power or great wealth, and Diana came into life as a normal person, no matter how supernatural her origins. She had to win a contest against the other Amazons to *earn* the powers and role of Wonder Woman. She worked her way up. The daughter of Zeus retcon completely undermines that.

So it is really belittling to the character.

Not puting Wonder Woman appearing on Superman/Batman comics, and her villains not take great relevance on big DC events (like the latest Absolute Power) make wonderfans feel her disconnected from the main universe and hate DC every time the main series (the regular WW title, not tie-ins) is dragged down to this things, plus it makes us hate trinity (the team) issues on WW. And it also makes the rest of DC fandoms feel she's disconnected as well, and hate when their fav character (call it Dinah, call it Kite Man) doesnt get to appear on those same events instead of Diana.
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-21-2024 at 02:51 AM.

Trinity is a fabricated concept and does Wonder Woman more harm than good.

^^^Well, -everything- is a fabricated concept.

BANNED

I kinda hate how the other heroes constantly dump on Oliver Queen. He has his flaws, no doubt, but so do most of the other heroes.

I'm not offended by Injustice. I get that it's edgelord stuff, but I think it works for a video game universe made by the Mortal Kombat people. Also, I love Mortal Kombat, so getting to have Sub-Zero in a DC game is fun for me. But even as a comic fan, I don't see it as any more damaging to the characters that something like the Crime Syndicate or the Justice Lords, you know? It's an alternate universe. The only annoying aspect is how Harley is treated like a wacky lovable hero when she was an accomplice in obliterating Metropolis.

New Frontier Hal Jordan is a vastly superior version of the character to Geoff Johns' Hal Jordan.

I love Wally West, but found Johns' take on him to be an insufferable jerk. Waid's version could be a bit prickly and impatient, but he was still lovable. DCAU Wally might be my favorite take and I'm glad the comic version has become more like him.

Superboy Prime had potential to be a really frightening, disturbing villain. When he loses control and starts killing people, it was horrific and sad. When you see him freed in the armor towards the end of IC, he looked terrifying. But then it got ruined by making him this moronic, quasi-comedic meta character that said things like "I'll kill you to DEATH!"

I actually don't hate all of the DC movies that have come out. I think they have more variety in style and tone than the MCU and feel more cinematic. I like the MCU, but there's a very generic feeling to a lot of them. I don't think all the DC movies are good, but I almost find their failures more interesting than some of Marvel's successes, if that makes sense.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The best thing DC could do for the Flash is have one huge story with all the speedsters and at the end have the Speed Force (and all the other dumb forces) sealed away with only Wally and Barry being able to access it going forward and to a lesser extant than before (which means NO MORE TIME TRAVEL unaided). If you really have to keep Kid Flash around then he should only be able to use his speed in short bursts so it almost becomes like he teleports instead of running.

The whole Speed Force concept has been so beaten to death it needs to just be put back on the shelf and not touched again for at least a decade.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The best thing DC could do for the Flash is have one huge story with all the speedsters and at the end have the Speed Force (and all the other dumb forces) sealed away with only Wally and Barry being able to access it going forward and to a lesser extant than before (which means NO MORE TIME TRAVEL unaided). If you really have to keep Kid Flash around then he should only be able to use his speed in short bursts so it almost becomes like he teleports instead of running.

The whole Speed Force concept has been so beaten to death it needs to just be put back on the shelf and not touched again for at least a decade.
    Perhaps there's X amount of Speed Force to go around. It's not an infinite source of speed for potentially dozens or hundreds or bajillions of speedsters. Every speedster who taps into it reduces it, explaining why evil speedsters like Zoom, or the Crime Syndicate Quick, might want to kill Barry and Wally, to have more of that speed for themselves, and why lots of other speedsters, like Max Mercury, or the various new Flashes, wouldn't be able to travel nearly as fast as Barry or Wally, since they'd have less of a connection to the source. Those other speedsters can 'merely' travel at supersonic speed, not the lightspeed stuff that's been the norm more recently, and still be travel 10x faster than a speeding car, which isn't anything to sneeze at. (I even read somewhere that due to surface tension of water, scaling up how the basilisk lizard 'runs on water,' with the average weight of a human and surface area of their feet, they'd 'only' need to run 250-300 MPH to 'run on water!' Even if that was pulled out of some wannabe science geeks butt, it's close enough for comic-book science, so even a speedster traveling at 'merely' sonic speed could still pull some comic speedster stunts!)

And heck yeah on getting rid of unassisted time travel. That used to require a special cosmic treadmill, and those things don't grow on trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It is weird how of the 'Trinity,' Clark and Bruce were both born with either great power or great wealth, and Diana came into life as a normal person, no matter how supernatural her origins. She had to win a contest against the other Amazons to *earn* the powers and role of Wonder Woman. She worked her way up. The daughter of Zeus retcon completely undermines that.

So it is really belittling to the character.
    Gets even funnier when people try to defend making her Zeus' kid despite the dude attempting sexually assault her once.