Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Identity Crisis is a great story and kicked off an amazing string of comics for 5 years.
    Really, really, really couldn’t agree more

Speaking of them, Ava DuVernay’s New Gods script is the best story never told.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Damian Wayne should've been an Elseworlds character.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Geoff Johns can't write a believable romantic relationship to save his life. He's stuck in a 12-year-old's mentality about what makes a "cool" romantic relationship...
    And not only romantic relationships lol
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Geoff Johns can't write a believable romantic relationship to save his life. He's stuck in a 12-year-old's mentality about what makes a "cool" romantic relationship, which is why his Superman/Wonder Woman, Kon-El/Cassie Sandsmark, and Hourman/Liberty Belle all suck.
    ^^^Jesse Chambers and Rick Tyler are a great couple.

So were Courtney Whitmore and Billy Batson.

Limiting the Justice League to only facing "cosmic multiversal reality shattering" threats and events is what killed it. Writers went so over-the-top trying to top each other by creating ever-more-larger and abstract threats to all creation or realities that it just reached a point that I long ago stopped caring about the League. I don't want to see a Michael Bay movie every time I go see a movie, why would I want to read the equivalent every time I read a comic book?
    ^^^Been saying this for years.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 04-09-2024 at 02:54 PM.

Cass, Tim, and Stephanie are far past their prime (which was in the 2000s) and have been unnecessary clutter in the Bat-Family since each of their reintroductions in the New 52.

Extraordinary Member

While Grant Morrison has done some of my favorite runs in comics (JLA, All-Star Superman), he did far more harm than good with his run on Batman.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Jesse Chambers and Rick Tyler are a great couple.

So were Courtney Whitmore and Billy Batson.
    Also Mera and Arthur.

Boisterously Confused

Limiting the Justice League to only facing "cosmic multiversal reality shattering" threats and events is what killed it. Writers went so over-the-top trying to top each other by creating ever-more-larger and abstract threats to all creation or realities that it just reached a point that I long ago stopped caring about the League. I don't want to see a Michael Bay movie every time I go see a movie, why would I want to read the equivalent every time I read a comic book?
    Yeah, even tho it was multiversal (or, at least, bi-versal), Mr. Terrifics murder made for a great JL story. The only pillars shaken being those of the characters' hearts, and it was a detective yarn you could get your noggin around.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

New 52 should have always been an Ultimates style line.

DKR never should have gotten any sequels or prequels.

Damien Wayne is just a bad character all around.

Watchmen never should have been touched.

The Smallville comic did a way better job with the Legion and New Krypton story than the mainstream universe did by combining them.

And since we're on the subject: Earth 167 is not the official Smallville universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Replacing fan favourite heroes with legacy characters is bad for business.

It pisses the fanbase off who quit or start reading Marvel.
    Last edited by Captain Nostalgia; 04-09-2024 at 08:06 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Hawkman and Hawkwoman should be a couple - if for no other reason - because Hawkwoman was one of the few sidekicks (especially, female sidekicks) treated as more than a backdrop for her partners awesomeness, and post-Golden Age has generally been respected as an equal partner. Besides, it's nice to see a marriage that works.

The Atom is terribly underrated, mainly because nobody figured out a broad range of villains that would elevate his stories in his early years.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The entire Glorious Godfrey subplot aged beautifully.
    Yeah, it really did.

Sometimes I think that Barbara Gordon should've stayed in that wheelchair and remained Oracle.

Made her much more interesting.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Crisis on Infinite Earths was a huge mistake, creating for more problems than it ever solved and forever stifling not just creativity within the DCU, but irrevocably f***ing franchises like the Legion beyond repair.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Crisis on Infinite Earths was a huge mistake, creating for more problems than it ever solved and forever stifling not just creativity within the DCU, but irrevocably f***ing franchises like the Legion beyond repair.
    I don't blame Crisis for the Legion's troubles - I blame the Superman editorial office. Also, I thought the Legion was very repairable, but that's another kettle of fish...