Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Storm is the only one listed as having limited distribution
    That's dumb. It would make sense if they were ALL only available in the US. Promotions being exclusive to one country isn't unusual. But just one character? Weird.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Found images on Reddit.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Found images on Reddit.
    All of these make sense as MCU tie-ins... except one... SUPER-SKRULL?!!?!?

He's actually one of a few that aren't in the MCU yet. That picture doesn't show all of them, there's another dozen. Also, a few have only appeared in the Foxverse (Colossus and Cable for example, who were in Deadpool 2, and Juggernaut, who's in one of the X-Men movies) rather than the MCU.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-10-2024 at 10:28 AM.

Spectacular Member

I bought a 12 pack of Coke the other day from the grocery store. all the cans in the 12 pack that I bought all had Daredevil.

It's a great commercial!

But it is sad that Falcon seems to completely lost his own identity as the Falcon. First African American superhero subjugated to another characters identity is demoralizing as a black man.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's a great commercial!

But it is sad that Falcon seems to completely lost his own identity as the Falcon. First African American superhero subjugated to another characters identity is demoralizing as a black man.
    Is it demoralizing to Shuri being in her brother's suit?

Or Kamala as Ms Marvel?

When Marvel tried to invest in Falcon as himself- where was the support? In terms of buying products with him as Falcon?

If he is moving more products as Cap America-guess what Marvel is going to do?

This is a consequence of letting the comic book store dictate things. Because nobody had an issue with Sam as Falcon except the comic book side. Because he was promoted as Falcon on a consistent basis. Be it toys, cartoons or other merchandise.

Yeah, after Captain America: Sam Wilson finished, he immediately got a new book, The Falcon. It flopped, cancelled within a year. When the Captain America run that started at the same time finished, they did a mini starring both Steve and Sam, United States of Captain America, in which Steve persuaded Sam to go back to his Captain America costume, the idea being it's not one or two men, but a whole network - there's other Captain Americas across the country, several of whom debuted in that run. Sam then got a new Captain America book afterwards, and this time it lasted just as long as Steve's. Sam definitely sells better as Cap than he does as Falcon. Of course movie synergy is probably a factor too, as they aged Steve out of the role and gave the mantle to Sam in the MCU - which has already also introduced the new Falcon, Joaquin Torres.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-21-2024 at 03:02 PM.

Captain America: Falcon still isn't selling so the argument about him being Cap is a better option is mute. (Keeping a book on the stands and it being profitable isn't the same thing)

The problem is bad story telling.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Stop taking the obvious bait.

I actually have the majority of Sam Wilson's appearances. I am dead serious when I say I wish he could be the Falcon instead of sharing the Captain America title and being just another guy who isn't Steve.

It be sick to see Sam on the Red and Black cans of Coke in his Red and White Falcon suit...I mean that is just easy money for me.

Anyway....not trying to derail the thread. Just wish it could have been Falcon in the coke commercial over Captain Falcon