View Poll Results: Which version would you bring back?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Changeling

16 29.63%
  • AoA Morph

7 12.96%
  • Exiles Morph

21 38.89%
  • Benjamin Deeds

6 11.11%
  • Other

4 7.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Exiles Morph is the best developed and most interesting, but I'd be interested to see original Changeling come back. We know very little about him - what even led him to Factor Three when AU versions of the character all tend to be more heroic? (I mean, I know why, it's because he was completely reinvented to become cartoon Morph, and then cartoon Morph influenced the later AU versions.) But I'm curious about Changeling's history. It would be funny if he just blew off his past misdeeds like Emma in Morrison's run - "Oh, I was very confused and probably on a lot of drugs." And writers could gradually develop him more in the direction of animated Morph. I could imagine revived Changeling having a more serious personality, but with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, and gradually loosening up and becoming friendlier as he figures out what to do with his new life. And apparently AoA Morph also started off as Changeling with a "morose" personality, so there's precedent for that kind of change.

And honestly, Ben Deeds and Changeling/Morph can easily co-exist. I think Deeds' power is a bit different - his body emits chemicals that make people like and trust him, and his shape-shifting seems to be a complement to that, taking on similar features to whoever he is talking to. I think there's an AU version of Ben who takes the codename Amity instead of Morph, he could switch to that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    It would be funny if he just blew off his past misdeeds like Emma in Morrison's run - "Oh, I was very confused and probably on a lot of drugs."
    Emma had already been a hero for seven years by that point. She was the co-lead of Generation X.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Emma had already been a hero for seven years by that point. She was the co-lead of Generation X.
    Yes, I know, that wasn't Emma-bashing. She's done a lot to redeem herself. I just thought it was a funny line.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I haven't read much Exiles. When I read I don't even know if he was a member yet. Anyway, I chose AoA Morph. I liked him a lot. BUT the original 616 Changeling (runner up) could be good I guess. Not enough has been really written about him, true , but that can be easily remedied with a good writer to flesh out his character. As long as they don't make him as annoying as the TAS version.

Original Changeling. He's got so much room to grow as a character independent of the goofy yet cool Morph version which can easily be imported from the Exiles multiverse.

I love a psionic shapeshifter (Hi, J'onn!), plus the headgear is so unique. Hopefully it could be reworked into something that most fans would like while still being his signature thing, like Havok's headgear or Banshee's wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

My favorite version of Morph is the Exiles version, but I voted Changeling since his time was cut short and it would be something different to explore. But now I'm having second thoughts because Exiles Morph is still out in the multiverse somewhere, right? I wouldn't mind him returning somehow. Bring 'em both back!

Quote Originally Posted by BuraddoRun View Post
    My favorite version of Morph is the Exiles version, but I voted Changeling since his time was cut short and it would be something different to explore. But now I'm having second thoughts because Exiles Morph is still out in the multiverse somewhere, right? I wouldn't mind him returning somehow. Bring 'em both back!
    This. Let Kevin become a character similar to Exiles/XM'97 here in 616. We already have too many alt universe characters in X-Men.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I would want Exlies Morph back. He is for sure the most interesting and developed of the bunch.

If we couldn't get him I would settle for Chanageling. But in saying that if the story isn't epic and focused in on the character I can admit no one will really care...which goes for all of the other Morphs with very little development.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.