Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I'll give them all this: being honest, the memory of Perlmutter/Avengers Reboot/IvX/Movie Rights nonsense is still fresh enough that I'm nothing but trepidatious about this relaunch, so I'm biased. But again, we all said that about Remember's Uncanny run, and well that was the best of 10 very disheartening years.

But if this launch won't succeed or connect, it will not be because the creator's didn't put in an honest effort. I or anyone else will like it or they won't, but that deserves respect.
    It's been a long time since Marvel comics had fertile ground for anything that didn't allready have deep roots going back to the 80's. Especially now that the (mostly silent) collectors and hobbiest seem to become more picky and the shops keep diminishing in numbers or diversifying their wares, making them less reliant on the Marvel or DC comics.

So sadly at this point rapid cancelation is now the primary outcome, regardless of quality and effort, or lack thereof. So perhaps all that matters is if the creators can at least make their short runs enjoyable for those who like it.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh they were in Exiles. i was wondering why people were so happy to see them reunited. I was like Betsy died like 3 issues into X-treme....lol. I dont recall her having much time to bond with Sage LOL
    Yeah. Her time with X-Treme team was so short and when Claremont took Exiles, thats the time they get to work with each other. For me, that was a decent run as team composition was crazy.😄
    Peerless and Fearless

Definitely will be picking this one up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Cool announcement, I like the team line-up, some pretty cool characters here. I enjoyed Thorne's Blood Syndicate so hopefully this will be a good time too.

Though I'll buck the path of many opinions here and say I wish Deadpool could be a mainstay in at least one team.

Hey Betsy is finally being written by someone other than Tini Howard, it really is a new era. XD

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Marcus To is a safe choice kind of wish they went with RBSilva though. I guess I’ll wait for the previews.

He’s not a bad artist I just find his style so G rated and simple. Too clean.

And I also agree about the uniforms. They all should have individual uniforms.
    Silva’s too big for X-Force (plus I think he's working on Hickman’s next book).

Mighty Member

I'm starting to think that Bishop and Cable are both going to end up in Limbo during this relaunch, and that is truly disheartening to think.

As for this X-Force... yeah, that's a thing. A writer I've never heard of, an artist I like but whose sole example of art from this book features some of the blandest costumes I've ever seen, and a roster that is, being generous, completely snooze worthy. Outside of Rachel there isn't a single character I give one solitary fig about in this book.

And yet. Maybe the roster is a recipe for success, since I have no expectations or meaningful connections to feel disappointed about. Marcus To is generally solid (and still the best Tim Drake artist of the current century).

I'm going to have to try it for at least one issue and take a look. I have no idea what to anticipate. Maybe I'll hate it, maybe I'll dig it.

That makes two books on my try list, plus Gail Simone's Uncanny as a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm starting to think that Bishop and Cable are both going to end up in Limbo during this relaunch, and that is truly disheartening to think.

As for this X-Force... yeah, that's a thing. A writer I've never heard of, an artist I like but whose sole example of art from this book features some of the blandest costumes I've ever seen, and a roster that is, being generous, completely snooze worthy. Outside of Rachel there isn't a single character I give one solitary fig about in this book.

And yet. Maybe the roster is a recipe for success, since I have no expectations or meaningful connections to feel disappointed about. Marcus To is generally solid (and still the best Tim Drake artist of the current century).

I'm going to have to try it for at least one issue and take a look. I have no idea what to anticipate. Maybe I'll hate it, maybe I'll dig it.

That makes two books on my try list, plus Gail Simone's Uncanny as a sure thing.
    The art shown is not from To. It’s from Stephen Segovia.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I like what I've read of Thorne's work so far and Marcus To is always a treat to have on a book, although I will agree that his work is sometimes too "pretty" for a book with a reputation like X-Force. I like the cast with the exception of this Tank guy. I know it's always for writers to take a character no one knows and make him or her interesting, but we've literally got dozens of other characters that could have been used and given an opportunity to shine like this. Forearm, Thunderbird, Avalanche, Blob even....and if you need a teleporter we've got Ariel, Blink, Pixie, Vanisher....
    Oh well...I wasn't expecting to be terribly interested in it, but I'm in.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

I predict Bishop to X-Factor. Maybe Cable too, but probably limbo for him… for just a bit. Until a writer comes in with some idea for him.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The art shown is not from To. It’s from Stephen Segovia.
    Thank you for the correction. Doesn't save the uniforms, but maybe they'll look better under To's care.

Whew, reading through this thread was a rollercoaster! Very cool that multiple writers for this new era have reached out directly to fans on here. My only concern was Deadpool, but happy to hear he’s a guest star. Will def be trying this out.

If Segovia cant make the uniforms look awesome I doubut TO cant with his style.

I hope they have rotating artist.

Whos the guys doing Percy's X-Force or that new Apocalypse book has nice interior art.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Silva’s too big for X-Force (plus I think he's working on Hickman’s next book).
    How is RB Silva too big when they literally had him doing Sam Wilson Captain America and X-Force outsold that every month.

Fantastic Member

Where is the Deadpool hate coming from? What's wrong is it because Wade does not kill as many people as the other X-Men do now? Is it that he is actually funny when so many of the other characters are depressing as hell? It is ok for the X-Men to hobnob with out and out monsters like Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister, but Wade who is a killer but has rules and an honor code is too much? Come on now...

I mean he's only a guest appearance so IDK why some are over reacting.

I'm really really excited to see Betsy / Sage friendship.

A toned down less lovey dovey honeymoon phase of Betsy / Rachel. Rachel shouldnt be so clingy, jealous and annoying.

The Forge / Surge bond will be great to see since he was a shoulder to lean on during the decimation era.

And just how Forge will interact with all the ladies.

I have no opinion of Tank. Didn't even know he existed before today. He gives me Rockslide vibes though.

Oh and the Betsy / Wade acquaintanceship(?) I forget if they liked eachother during X-Force.

And intrigued by how GT will handle the three telepaths on the team.

Exciting times ahead.

I hope. Please universe. Give Marcos To a good colorist. PLEASE.