Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Now that was unexpected.

I've seen Mr. Thorne on various interviews over the years and he's come across as a writer with very interesting ideas, so in that respect I'm very curious about how he'll approach this particular team of X-Men characters. Forge being responsible for leading the team will likely open the door to a lot of inventions as well as to their consequences, which should be creatively appealing.

Furthermore, I'm also a pretty big fan of Marcus To. Artistically speaking, I tend to like art styles with such a "clean" line and that look will definitely bring some freshness to the X-Force concept in a visual sense.
    Last edited by Souther; 04-09-2024 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Do you have bri ish friends?
    many.

are you concerned about dialect?

my Impala in TRUTH & JUSTICE was a Londoner.

I wrote Sophie Devereaux on LEVERAGE for 3 seasons and Professor Moriarty on THE LIBRARIANS.

Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Until just after the Morrison era I had an unbroken collection of all X titles starting with X-Men #1 (Lee/Kirby and including the reprint era). I fell off during/after Morrison's run and only came back after that for particular arcs, writers and/or artists. I loved much of HoX/PoX and liked most of the post-Hickman Krakoa era. This includes all mini-series, solos and the MARVEL UK stuff as well. Nearly all of them are currently in a storage facility about four miles from my home.

Not every book is for every reader so I won't be saying which ones I didn't like because the internet mob makes too much of a meal of that kind of thing.

I have +30k comics, down from +50K, btw.

I loved the entire Claremont/Byrne Era
    I loved the Claremont/Cockrum Era (including Len Wein who gave us the all new all different x-men)
    I loved Age of Apocalypse.
    I loved House of M.

Many of the sidecar titles I bought for the art more than the stories but it doesn't mean the stories weren't fun.

I love anything drawn by Alan Davis or Paul Smith or Chris Bachalo or Sara Picelli or Mahmud Asrar.
    Thanks of the answer! Excited to check out your book once it releases, great lineup of characters.

Any thoughts on a possible new name as Betts‘ codename?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Oh my god!!!!!
    I meant to say, JB, your joy over this is palpable so I’m pumped for you. Going to buy this book and support it despite not being what I was hoping for in no small part for the cool posters like yourself who are over the moon about it. I’ve always preferred Kwannon Japanese Psylocke to OG British Psylocke, but maybe this will change my mind on that. I’m open to it. Congrats and cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Any thoughts on a possible new name as Betts‘ codename?
    Really hoping she gets a good one. She needs it since she gave Psylocke away to Kwannon.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

I wish Rachel just kept her current costume , they're the same color scheme anyway

Mighty Member

As much as I dislike what these costumes look like on this cover, I will say at least Betsy’s looks the best here…. I am curious why Betsy and Rachel don’t have any visible “X” symbols on their costumes. Betsy has at least 2 spots where the “X” could go that are visible on this cover, but both spots are just yellow. I don’t think that’s unintentional.

As I don’t know who else will pop up, I was hoping we would get some people from this arc of Unlimited that interacted with Betsy and would fit X-force as full timers. Moonstar, Rictor, Shatterstar, Thunderbird. Hopefully they will all appear at some point.

Mr. Thorne, a bit OT, but while you're here, especially on the subject of female POC characters, what are your thoughts on Storm's ability to carry her own solo ongoing long-term, and potential sacrifices or changes that may need to be made in order to do so?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Why-not-before

On-topic, will your Forge be a continuation of the "big ideas" Forge we saw during Krakoa?

Congratulations on the new book!

Very interested in what can can be done with this particular roster, and what can be done with Forge in charge.

Stepping away, folks. I'm glad you're excited about this thing. We are too.

Marcus is providing a feast and I haven't even seen it colored yet.

X gonna give it to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I meant to say, JB, your joy over this is palpable so I’m pumped for you. Going to buy this book and support it despite not being what I was hoping for in no small part for the cool posters like yourself who are over the moon about it. I’ve always preferred Kwannon Japanese Psylocke to OG British Psylocke, but maybe this will change my mind on that. I’m open to it. Congrats and cheers.
    I really appreciate that, thank you! This was an unexpected surprise today and I'm super stoked. I'm glad you're gonna give the book a shot and hopefully you enjoy it!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Interesting team. Happy that Betsy and Sage is on the same team as I remember they were also in X-Treme and Exiles. Gonna check this out for the story and happy that Marcus To is back for the arts duty on Betsy.
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Stepping away, folks. I'm glad you're excited about this thing. We are too.

Marcus is providing a feast and I haven't even seen it colored yet.

X gonna give it to ya.
    Super excited! As a Betsy fan this is the direction I was missing for her. Thank you for all the answers.

Curious to know what are your favorite Betsy stories so far.

Can’t wait ti see more of her costume. Any hint on when we could see more of their costumes?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fantastic Member

I'll give them all this: being honest, the memory of Perlmutter/Avengers Reboot/IvX/Movie Rights nonsense is still fresh enough that I'm nothing but trepidatious about this relaunch, so I'm biased. But again, we all said that about Remember's Uncanny run, and well that was the best of 10 very disheartening years.

But if this launch won't succeed or connect, it will not be because the creator's didn't put in an honest effort. I or anyone else will like it or they won't, but that deserves respect.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not huge on the costumes, but I like the team lineup. It's really starting to hit that Betsy won't be written by Tini Howard anymore and I'm thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    Interesting team. Happy that Betsy and Sage is on the same team as I remember they were also in X-Treme and Exiles. Gonna check this out for the story and happy that Marcus To is back for the arts duty on Betsy.
    Oh they were in Exiles. i was wondering why people were so happy to see them reunited. I was like Betsy died like 3 issues into X-treme....lol. I dont recall her having much time to bond with Sage LOL