Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Rob Liefeld will write and draw a story in it.
    I can actually see that

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Marcus To's work is fantastic for sure, but I am not sure he was the right choice for X-Force. However, if the book is a radical departure from the dark and bloody X-Force we were used to, it could work. I am a little concerned that the creative team seems to be leaning in to elements created by Tini Howard (who pretty much destroyed Betsy, Rachel, and other characters), but willing to give the book at least five issues before deciding to drop it like I did with Excalibur. I even gave Knights of X and Captain Britain a shot before dropping them after the first issues.

Marcus To on the book gives me Tini Howard PTSD, but hopefully the plot is interesting enough to shake it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Marcus To's work is fantastic for sure, but I am not sure he was the right choice for X-Force. However, if the book is a radical departure from the dark and bloody X-Force we were used to, it could work. I am a little concerned that the creative team seems to be leaning in to elements created by Tini Howard (who pretty much destroyed Betsy, Rachel, and other characters), but willing to give the book at least five issues before deciding to drop it like I did with Excalibur. I even gave Knights of X and Captain Britain a shot before dropping them after the first issues.

Marcus To on the book gives me Tini Howard PTSD, but hopefully the plot is interesting enough to shake it off.
    The canon is the canon but this is a FRESH start. Whether you loved or hated any previous run on the title, one thing I can promise is this book will not be any of those books.

Oddly enough, just like real human beings, writers are not interchangeable. We're presenting our own show, not duplicating somebody else's.

Astonishing Member

Everything is duplicated or inspired in some way by other works and stories, directly or indirectly. That's the nature of story telling.

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again. There is nothing new under the sun.

All that matters is the spin people put on it.

But people will also always compare.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-14-2024 at 01:36 PM.

Mr. Thorne. I'm not sure if this was answered, I may have missed your reply.

But again, will Forge continue addressing things such as the housing crisis, food insecurity, poverty, healthcare, infrastructure and QoL in developing/underdeveloped countries, climate change, and other similar things as he was attempting to do pre-Fall of X?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    On-topic, will your Forge be a continuation of the "big ideas" Forge we saw during Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    Mr. Thorne. I'm not sure if this was answered, I may have missed your reply.

But again, will Forge continue addressing things such as the housing crisis, food insecurity, poverty, healthcare, infrastructure and QoL in developing/underdeveloped countries, climate change, and other similar things as he was attempting to do pre-Fall of X?
    New mission. New team. New obstacles. New villains. Many, many new dangers.

Issue #1 will tell you what you need to know.

Once again, there will be no spoilers.

You'll have to actually read it to find out.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-14-2024 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Everything is duplicated or inspired in some way by other works and stories, directly or indirectly. That's the nature of story telling.

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again. There is nothing new under the sun.

All that matters is the spin people put on it.

But people will also always compare.
    nope. none of that is, in any way, how storytelling works.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-14-2024 at 03:05 PM.

Hi Redjack,

Out of the available Academy X crew, what was it about Surge that made her your pick for this book? She's a longtime favorite of mine, but a some of the traits that I think of as interesting and relatable as an older reader who had some stormy teen years (her disillusionment and willingness to call out the older mutant generations, her stubbornness, being more perceptive than she seems but not as worldly as she thinks) make her something of a contentious character.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Hi Redjack,

Out of the available Academy X crew, what was it about Surge that made her your pick for this book? She's a longtime favorite of mine, but a some of the traits that I think of as interesting and relatable as an older reader who had some stormy teen years (her disillusionment and willingness to call out the older mutant generations, her stubbornness, being more perceptive than she seems but not as worldly as she thinks) make her something of a contentious character.

I liked Nori. I liked all the NEW XMEN ACADEMY kids. The thing I like about her is she is a grappler, not a hider. Her response to trouble is to punch it in the mouth. Yeah, she had some bigotry issues to work out but those were, I think, the result of ignorance rather than malice. (Yes, there's a difference.)

And then Krakoa happened and we're on the other side of all that. I thought it would be good to check in with Nori to see how she's grappling with all that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I liked Nori. I liked all the NEW XMEN ACADEMY kids. The thing I like about her is she is a grappler, not a hider. Her response to trouble is to punch it in the mouth. Yeah, she had some bigotry issues to work out but those were, I think, the result of ignorance rather than malice. (Yes, there's a difference.)

And then Krakoa happened and we're on the other side of all that. I thought it would be good to check in with Nori to see how she's grappling with all that.
    Does Forge making Surge’s power control gauntlets come into play on the story? always dug that, maybe time for an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Does Forge making Surge’s power control gauntlets come into play on the story? always dug that, maybe time for an upgrade?
    I would say Forge is always giving folks helpful gadgets.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Hi Geoff,

will there be any sort of connective tissue with any other X-books? Not necessarily full-blown crossovers but perhaps specific characters or stories that connect to any of the other books on the X-line.

Is Tank a teleporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post

In general the tight (and bright) artwork style of Marcus To seems counterintuitive for the X-FORCE brand which has had rough and dark visuals as it calling card. A friend of mine termed the style "coloring book"- granted this was back in the early days of Gary Frank taking over for Dale Keown on HULK and we can see how that art evolved and defied expectation. One of the plus/minuses of having different artists on the FROM THE ASHES title launch teaser (Stegman) and on the Issue 1 cover tease (Segovia) is that it delays/enhances any concerns about how To's work will mesh with this concept. Also my curiosity on how the new costume designs will play under then pen of the interior artists is piqued.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Hi Geoff,

will there be any sort of connective tissue with any other X-books? Not necessarily full-blown crossovers but perhaps specific characters or stories that connect to any of the other books on the X-line.
    there's is... some. but, in the case of X-Force, it won't be obvious.