Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    So the roster will change around, which is a somewhat fresh take. The Krakoa gates are history and I don't see any teleporters among the group. Forge could probably build one with his "omega-level" building skill, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Shatterstar cameo.
    I don't think the core roster is changing, so much as the supporting roster.

The people in Deadpool's position

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    So the roster will change around, which is a somewhat fresh take. The Krakoa gates are history and I don't see any teleporters among the group. Forge could probably build one with his "omega-level" building skill, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Shatterstar cameo.
    Teleportation is one of Tank's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i hope that mosaic comment was a joke not only was he the worst character created in the last 25years that may have been the worst selling marvel comic of the past 25 years and its not even close.....it take a lot of bad to have your book canceled before issue 1 even hit the stands, i just hoping he was forced to write that comic at gunpoint by the marvel bosses as part of their inhuman push which almost bankrupted our store. Just find it messed up again to have an x-force book with no CABLE .....doubtful this makes 10 issues
    Mosaic was one of the best characters of the recent years. His personal story and his powers were great and could have led to more good contents if comics weren't so conservative. Heck, I could imagine him staring in a Quantum Leap like TV series with a character less morally perfect than Dr Beckett.
    His crime was not just to be an inhuman, it was to be an original character who couldn't be marketed as "black girl smarter than Reed Richards" or "muslim Ms Marvel", which would have generated enough buzz from idiots to maybe make him succesful.

(Oh, and I still believe the overpriced first issue for a totally new character was a mistake.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    IF it's the same Tank who appeared in Ironheart.
    Could still be a whole new character or somebody we know with a new name. (crossing my fingers for Jeffries)
    Last edited by mugiwara; 04-10-2024 at 07:05 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Mosaic was one of the best characters of the recent years. His personal story and his powers were great and could have led to more good contents if comics weren't so conservative. Heck, I could imagine him staring in a Quantum Leap like TV series with a character less morally perfect than Dr Beckett.
    His crime was not just to be an inhuman, it was to be an original character who couldn't be marketed as "black girl smarter than Reed Richards" or "muslim Ms Marvel", which would have generated enough buzz from idiots to maybe make him succesful.

(Oh, and I still believe the overpriced first issue for a totally new character was a mistake.)

IF it's the same Tank who appeared in Ironheart.
    Could still be a whole new character or somebody we know with a new name. (crossing my fingers for Jeffries)
    Yeah, I loved Mosaic too. His series was so good, it's a shame how it ended cancelled. Proof of how toxic the X-men fanbase can be (almost to the Star Wars levels) and yeah, the overpriced issue 1 also contributed, but it was manily the toxicity.

Mighty Member

Ok. This roster smells "8 issues and a smooth cancellation" but nice to the fans of Tank (?) and Surge I think ?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I'm thrilled that Sage is on the roster after being a big part of the recent X-Force book. She deserves the continued exposure and I'm excited to see what's in store for her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Rachel, surge, sage- this is exciting. Will definitely be picking this up

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Where is the Deadpool hate coming from? What's wrong is it because Wade does not kill as many people as the other X-Men do now?
    No.
    But if that's what you think and it helps you get through your day...Bless.

Funny thing...as much as I hatedetestfekkinloathe Deadassfool and as as much as I'm here here for Sage, Betsy, Askani and Forge (I'm not an Academy X kid so Surge is meaningless to me) I'm kind of reading it for Tank. I know absolutely nothing about him and that blank slate status intrigues me, very much. I hope Thorne is able to really develop the character.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-10-2024 at 08:36 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    Well . . . fekt. Guess that's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Hm. I don't think they really much interacted? Of all the members of that team, I think Betsy is the one Wade interacted the less? I can't seem to recall any scene in which they talked to each other outside of any "tactical" exchange during the thick of the action? My memory is mostly limited to up to Dark Angel Saga, and fuzzy at beast - and it gets even more fuzzy after Warren leaves the title, so don't count me as a reliable source, though.
    Still, that Wade was very... mature? He wasn't much annoying as in other portrayals of his and even his humour and 4th wall break thing was limited and tone down IMHO (that's why I think he worked so well in X-Force and with that "gloomy" cast), so I wouldn't count him as an example.
    Yeah I liked Deadpool in Uncanny X-Force. He was a bit subdued but still comical.
    Sometimes he can suck the oxygen out of the room.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This team seems well-rounded in the power department; psionics, technology, hacking, sorcery, electricity/superspeed, super-strenght (and time-and-space teleportation?). I wonder if they will be an off-the-books team or work under Magneto's leadership with the other teams.

I think that X-Force and quite possibly X-Factor will be my titles as I am on a wait and see position for Adjectiveless and Uncanny (and I know Exceptional is not for me). I like the team (sans Deadpool, not a fan but he is a guest star and I can put up with him in small doses). Hopefully this series gets to wash the stain left by the last X-Force and Excalibur titles on those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Where is the Deadpool hate coming from? What's wrong is it because Wade does not kill as many people as the other X-Men do now? Is it that he is actually funny when so many of the other characters are depressing as hell? It is ok for the X-Men to hobnob with out and out monsters like Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister, but Wade who is a killer but has rules and an honor code is too much? Come on now...

There is killing people in self defense, and there is killing people for money or for the lols.
    I'm annoyed at him because he gets a free pass, even from Captain america, and also for the same reason I'm annoyed at a lot of popular characers: he is in too many comics.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    There is killing people in self defense, and there is killing people for money or for the lols.
    I'm annoyed at him because he gets a free pass, even from Captain america, and also for the same reason I'm annoyed at a lot of popular characers: he is in too many comics.
    I think....

I don't know how anybody else is using Wade but, in X-Force, I think both Wade-haters AND Wade-lovers will enjoy what we do.

Do you all know who the colorist is for your title yet?