Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Have we thought about Tank possibly being Brian Braddock?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    That would be interesting, but I am leaning toward it being like a Wakandan or something, or it could be Vanisher (Telford Porter). It's been a while since we've had genuine mysteries in the X-Men books. I am hoping to be surprised.

Oh man I would love that so much.

Good to see you, gifted!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Oooh that's a possibility ! And him helping mutants could explain why he has to hide his face?

No, and I can't see it as a good idea.

Did they say this was a new character?

I thought someone showed me that Tank is a mutant from spiderman.
    I thought it was Bishop
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like how Forge always has to show off his bionic leg. Man never wants to cover this up.

Loving this cover along with the Tony Daniels cover. I have to say that this series so far is the one that I am looking forward to the most. July can't get here fast enough for me.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did they say this was a new character?
    Not really. But I read that the original Tank was dead so unless he was one of the earlier Krakoan resurrections...he or she could be a new character, just taking the name. It will be very interesting either way.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like how Forge always has to show off his bionic leg. Man never wants to cover this up.

That cover looks so great, probably my second favourite of the ones we have seen.

Truth to tell...I love Clayton Crain's art but I think he was at his very best during the Necrosha period. That Forge cover could have been much cleaner, it looks a quite rushed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Forge is the longest running X-Man who has never canonically had his real name revealed. (Wolverine and Rogue also went through long stints) Can we FINALLY get that now that’s he’s a headliner of a book? Claremont had a name for him but it never got used… it’d be really nice to finally have one for him. Also, is this is going to be more akin to the original X-Force concept of striking problems before they become a problem or more black ops stuff? Over the years, x-force lost its original premise much like Thunderbolts. It’d be really nice to get away from the black ops stuff…
    Rogue's name was only ever partially revealed. We know she's Anna Maria LeBeau, but she only got that surname when she married Gambit, and we don't know what her surname was before she took Remy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I don't think this Tank is the same as the one who appeared in Ironheart. We're just assuming.
    I think Geoff said it's not him? He did die in his one appearance, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy is Betsy. And woman are allowed to have pony tails. Most woman can do that. Its not a hairstyle owned by one character.
    The characters that come to mind for me are Kate Pryde (who had that look in the late 2000s up until just after Krakoa started as well as in the Evolution cartoon and is going back to that style), Artemis (from Wonder Woman), and Donna Troy (in her original 60s look). Jean Grey as well, in the 1990s X-Men cartoon (X-Men 97 made use of that design change from how she looked in the comics, by having her clone wear her hair down). It's surprisingly rare (despite how long hair would get in your face if you're flying or jumping around, something Kamala notes in the first arc of her first Ms. Marvel book in reference to Carol's final Ms. Marvel look which she'd just shapeshifted to), but it's definitely not unheard of for female superheroes to tie their hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I thought someone showed me that Tank is a mutant from spiderman.
    Ironheart, not Spider-Man, though the issue WAS a team-up with Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Storm had her hair in a high ponytail in early Extreme X-Men, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    If only the artist would have chosen and divided his hues correctly to match this team's MO then I could have appreciated these covers but unfortunately that's not the case.

Also Betsy almost looks like Kwannon 2.0 with the sword plus a look of Blink's hairstyle and face features lol
    Also I don't like this pockets on her hip. She doesn't need those.
    I really dont think she looks anything like Kwannon. if there is one thing Marvel has done right the past few years, its differentiating the two

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    That would be interesting, but I am leaning toward it being like a Wakandan or something, or it could be Vanisher (Telford Porter). It's been a while since we've had genuine mysteries in the X-Men books. I am hoping to be surprised.
    Gentle, is that you?? (better not be Xorn...)