Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've loved To's art especially his Excalibur but I've always wondered what his lines would look like with an inker who had more edge and roughness. Like a Sienkiewicz-type...to add some grit.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    There's just nothing sexy about his art. Sorry. I know art is subjective. But whatever.

If that is the Braddock Manor I hope with get to see the STRIKE team.
    I completely agree with you. His art is cute but I prefer my X-Men to look edgier, sexier and like adults. It’s a bummer for me that he’s the artist for Betsy yet again.

And I absolutely am not a fan of but h Betsy complete with power suit and boring hair. Hope the writing makes up for it.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This is beautiful work. To's art was the best part of Excalibur, and his involvement is a huge part of my interest in this upcoming X-Force book.
    This one preview panel has now convinced me to give this book a chance. The cover completely blew my interest but this panel has totally changed my mind.

Looks like To confirmed she's still gonna be Captain Britain and that he's using the same colorist as Excalibur.

Yay
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yeah. The writer’s answer a couple of pages back unfortunately made it clear she still has the mantle. That sucks. My excitement for this got considerably lower now.
    Kind of weird for her to still be Captain Britain after what happened in the UK and she's not dressing the part any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If she is indeed still CB I'm looking forward to seeing what Mr. Thorne does with her and the mantle.

Posted by Mr. To on Instagram.

I'm in love.
    Casual clothes and Betsy in that suit and bun got me feeling something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, she's not wearing the uniform and might not even be going by Captain Britain when working for X-Force. And it doesn't seem like there will be another book where she does "Captain Britain stuff" in Otherworld or the UK. She's not getting the Psylocke name back, so it seems to me like it really makes no difference whether she's still Captain Britain or just Betsy Braddock right now.
    At this rate we'll probably get another dual mantle thing between her and Brian both being Captain Britain at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just call them "Sarge".
    And thus, a 'ship name was born...

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im also not feeling the costumes. I could do without a color scheme
    Nothing like an easily identifiable team color scheme for your secret black ops squad!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Nothing like an easily identifiable team color scheme for your secret black ops squad!
    Right? So weird going for McDonald's when you're a covert unit.

Wait there have been multiple X-Force teams that didnt have black/grey uniforms.

So why is everyone having issues with it now?

I mean I agree that uniform clashes with Betsy's hair but so did the CB uniform and the Spurrier uniform.

Also wasnt ONLY the team created by Scott and Logan considered secret black ops squad.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The identifying colours aren't for them...it's for us the readers.
    X-Force teams have operated in various colours throughout. What they wear has never been indicative of how they perform their tasks and how successful they are.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I will say, Surge is killing the uniform and looks better than everyone else. The colors go so well with her hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I will say, Surge is killing the uniform and looks better than everyone else. The colors go so well with her hair.
    I love that the women on this squad all have different color hair: purple, red, black, and blue.

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed if it's a black ops squad? The clips Mr. Thorne posted (Jonny Quest and Cowboy Bebop) give me high adventure vibes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm a little behind on Surge. Okay, I'm a lot behind on Surge. The last time I read a comic with her in it was during AvX when she and Shaw were scrapping with the Avengers Academy. Why doesn't she have those big gauntlets anymore? I loved those things. Did she finally master her powers or did the Five fix them for her?

have you been followoing Surge's brief appearances here and there or did it end like at Manifest Destiny era.
    I tracked Nori. She did some stuff in one of the Krakoa books and in that recent Bishop book but, for the most part, people haven't really used her or most of the NEW X–MEN ACADEMY "kids."

As with all the characters I take on, I have plans for Nori that may not be readily apparent (on purpose). This is not a copy or continuation of previous versions of X-Force.

new leader. new mission. new solutions.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-11-2024 at 10:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    To be fair, it's still a super hero spec ops squad in a super hero world.

Villain teams usualy also wear very striking and colorfull costumes, even if they are implied to be a paramilitary operation unit or guns for hire mercenary outfit.

As has been discussed in the past, if super heros would have to wear realistic and sensible outfits for their activities, it would all look very samy and dull.

It's the same reason the Cyberpunk RPG franchise (2013/2020/Red), which the 2077 and Edge Runner are adaptations of, encourage their players to come up with striking visual elements for their player characters beyond just the gear they wear or in addition to it:
    "1) Style Over Substance. 2) Attitude is Everything. 3) Always take it to the Edge. 4) Break the Rules."

Because a team where everyone just wears sensible grey camo pattern suits, military webbing and bullet proof vests/helmets, does not make for striking images in everyones mind. Nor does it create attachment when they might die stupid deaths.

Got to have a pink trenchcoat, maybe some maya themed tattoos, spray paint obscence slogans on the bullet proof vest, have a mechanical arm with an armor piece that looks like a bend "Stop" sign, wear a micky mouse mask with angry eyes, use a hello kitty patternd Arasaka rifle, wear a Sailor Venus costume or maybe a very nice grey 3 piece suit and polished shoes.

And maybe if you want to showcase a team spirit, have one or two unifying elements between them.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-11-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I tracked Nori. She did some stuff in one of the Krakoa books and in that recent Bishop book but, for the most part, people haven't really used her or most of the NEW X–MEN ACADEMY "kids."

As will all the characters I take on, I have plans for Nori that may not be readily apparent (on purpose). This is not a copy or continuation of previous versions of X-Force.
    Yeah unfortunately this generation doesnt really get any love so THANK YOUUUUUU for picking up Surge.