Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yeah. The writer’s answer a couple of pages back unfortunately made it clear she still has the mantle. That sucks. My excitement for this got considerably lower now.
    I mean, she's not wearing the uniform and might not even be going by Captain Britain when working for X-Force. And it doesn't seem like there will be another book where she does "Captain Britain stuff" in Otherworld or the UK. She's not getting the Psylocke name back, so it seems to me like it really makes no difference whether she's still Captain Britain or just Betsy Braddock right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think he's a very competent artist, but the art does lack an edge that I would associate with the title.
    I was hoping he'd adapt his style, but this looks exactly like Excalibur.
    Even Forge looks younger.
    Marcus didn't draw this cover. STEPHEN SEGOVIA did. AFAIK, none of the interior art has been released.

EDIT: Whoops. Apologies.

yep that's Marcus posting interior art and that panel is NOTHING compared to what's happening.

Honestly, if you think this is a book about folks standing around talking you are in for a CRAZY surprise.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-10-2024 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I give To credits, he draws Betsy more Asian than other artists did after Lee…
    Betsy isnt Asian. Dafuq.

I like To's art a lot but I agree it seems like a weird choice for X-Force. Hopefully he has a different colorist that makes it come together as something darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Marcus didn't draw this cover. STEPHEN SEGOVIA did. AFAIK, none of the interior art has been released.
    He posted a little tease...

He posted it on his instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    That's interesting considering that Forge has been mostly related since the 90s (X-factor none withstanding) to the role of tech support guy, but when introduced originally by Claremont, he was a bad**s soldier and shaman, so I hope we get that version of Forge. Also, it is high time his real name is revealed kkjust saying).
    This is Forge's team. The tech support days are over.

EDIT: Whoops. Apologies.

yep that's Marcus posting interior art and that panel is NOTHING compered to what's happening.

Honestly, if you think this is a book about folks standing around talking you are in for a CRAZY surprise.
    I'm ready for all the action!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like To's art a lot but I agree it seems like a weird choice for X-Force. Hopefully he has a different colorist that makes it come together as something darker.

He posted a little tease...
    yeah. apologies. I hadn't seen that.

But, BOY, this one panel does NO justice to what issue one is. Buckle up.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy isnt Asian. Dafuq.
    nope. Lady Elizabeth Braddock is absolutely not of Asian descent. That would be Kwannon.

As someone who absolutely dreads Betsy as Captain Britain and was frustrated with what this terrible mantle did to her over the last five years, I'm still excited because, if anything, she's out of those Union Jack medieval rags and is no longer restricted to a niche Otherworld book. Hopefully, X-Force emphasizes her ruthless, pragmatic ways we've sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I liked her best when she was on X-Treme X-Men. Her and Bishop made a pair.

I wish that he was on this team with her.
    Yeah, second that. They had amazing chemistry and a mature way of relating to one another. It would be great if he was one of the X-men rotated into this team. Hell, Bishop fits the bill as someone with the perfect skillset for this team.

So cool that the writer is on CBR! I'm not familiar with his work but I'm a huge fan of Forge and Betsy, besides loving Marcus To. I'll definitely check it out.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If she is indeed still CB I'm looking forward to seeing what Mr. Thorne does with her and the mantle.

Posted by Mr. To on Instagram.

I'm in love.
    This is beautiful work. To's art was the best part of Excalibur, and his involvement is a huge part of my interest in this upcoming X-Force book.

I do enjoy To's art for the most part but it feels like such a mismatch for an X-Force title. I guess they really do want to view this book differentely.

This is Forge's team. The tech support days are over.
    Good to hear, the character was benched for too long, is high time he is back to his original interpretation.