Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Mr. Thorne, best luck for this project.

(I'll reiterate that it still boggles me that actual Marvel authors lurk and comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Betsy is not Kwannon. Prior to Kwannon, Betsy knew how to fight and POST Kwannon she knows how to fight. With a sword and everything. And, remember, there are a LOT of apex fighting styles available to a TELEPATH. lots and lots and lots.
    This is very promising indeed!
    Last edited by Hakka84; 04-09-2024 at 01:55 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I'm just thinking os Surge going "bEtSy, i lIkEd YoU mOrE wHeN yOu WeRe aSiAn" or something

i’m sort of intrigued by this team, depending on whether deadpool is going to be a constant feature or not. otherwise, who’s tank and why is rachel going by askani now? and when did forge become a sorcerer?

I've always wanted to do a Forge-centric yarn and I like these characters. Especially Sage.

I think Sage has a lot to offer and a lot to do.

Those two were always going to be in it. The others were chosen for different reasons. Some are very story-based so, I can't say.
    Would you mind releasing/asking someone to release the concept art for each character revealed so far?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Forge has always been a Shaman who denounced the magical side of his heritage after what he did in the war. FotM gives a good account of this.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i’m sort of intrigued by this team, depending on whether deadpool is going to be a constant feature or not. otherwise, who’s tank and why is rachel going by askani now? and when did forge become a sorcerer?
    Rachel has been going by Askani for last year (I think she started using that codename in the last Captain Britain mini series written by Howard).

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    The announcement says Deadpool is just a guest star. I'd wager they'll kick him out - he can be quite annoying. Remember when Spider-Man quit the Uncanny Avengers because of Deadpool? Only to then have to put up with him in the Spider-Man/Deadpool book!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Mr. Thorne, congratulations and good luck with your run. It’s lovely to be able to discuss the books with their creators.

Well, as you can see twitter and this boards are thrilled about having betsy braddock in what seems to have become her official role in the x-men. Betsy has been a member of x-force in multiple iterations and in my opnion the reasons for that is what sets her apart of the other x-woman.

Without spoilers what expectations do you think we betsy fans can have about your book?

Best
    Last edited by crimsontt; 04-09-2024 at 02:35 PM.

Those costume designs looks like waste of pages for an X-Force book.. They are bland as the 90s X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Mr. Thorne, congratulations and good luck with your run. It’s lovely to be able to discuss the books with their creators.

Well, as you can see twitter and this boards are thrilled about having betsy braddock in what seems to have become her official role in the x-men. Betsy has been a member of x-force in multiple iterations and in my opnion the reasons for that is what sets her apart of the other x-woman.

Without spoilers what expectations do you think we betsy fans can have about your book?

Best
    You can expect Betsy to be a serious, seasoned warrior with a sober mind and incisive attitude. You can expect her relationship with Rachel to have nuance, depth and complexity.

To the best of my ability.

She's been in one battle zone or another nearly her entire adult life and she is still here to talk about it. But somehow she didn't turn into Wolverine or Omega Red. I think that's interesting, personally.

She did have that weird death wish killer phase for a minute unfortunately. But I chalk that up losing Kurt and all the other trauma from humans.

hey! Geoff Thorne, here. Yeah, I do post on CBR but I'm not a lurker. I don't drop bombs or come in to fight. I love comics so, sometimes I come here to talk about them.

Couple of things...

1) I don't want anyone here (or anywhere) to feel RESTRICTED in what they have to say, good or bad, about the book. There's no point to the forums if you can't speak your mind. I take nothing personally when it comes to the work. DO NOT censor yourselves because MAYBE, I MIGHT come through. I don't LIVE here. Even if I did, the forums are for everybody. But I'm not a diplomat so, bear that in mind. I'm a real actual person.

2) As for what to expect from the book, if it will be a retro-style thing or throwback to previous eras, etc.? Heh. Love the canon but nostalgia is not my thing so make of that what you will.

3)Marcus is bringing the heat. Fans and detractors will both be surprised by what we're giving.

4) All opinions about art are equally valid, even if they directly oppose one another. It's the one arena where everyone gets to be simultaneously right and wrong.

Congrats on the book! What's your X-Men origin story? First run / any favorite runs from over the years?

You can expect Betsy to be a serious, seasoned warrior with a sober mind and incisive attitude. You can expect her relationship with Rachel to have nuance, depth and complexity.

To the best of my ability.

She's been in one battle zone or another nearly her entire adult life and she is still here to talk about it. But somehow she didn't turn into Wolverine or Omega Red. I think that's interesting, personally.
    Wonderful. Thank you for the response.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Congrats on the book! What's your X-Men origin story? First run / any favorite runs from over the years?
    Until just after the Morrison era I had an unbroken collection of all X titles starting with X-Men #1 (Lee/Kirby and including the reprint era). I fell off during/after Morrison's run and only came back after that for particular arcs, writers and/or artists. I loved much of HoX/PoX and liked most of the post-Hickman Krakoa era. This includes all mini-series, solos and the MARVEL UK stuff as well. Nearly all of them are currently in a storage facility about four miles from my home.

Not every book is for every reader so I won't be saying which ones I didn't like because the internet mob makes too much of a meal of that kind of thing.

I have +30k comics, down from +50K, btw.

I loved the entire Claremont/Byrne Era
    I loved the Claremont/Cockrum Era (including Len Wein who gave us the all new all different x-men)
    I loved Age of Apocalypse.
    I loved House of M.

Many of the sidecar titles I bought for the art more than the stories but it doesn't mean the stories weren't fun.

I love anything drawn by Alan Davis or Paul Smith or Chris Bachalo or Sara Picelli or Mahmud Asrar.

Do you have bri ish friends?