Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Will pass on this. I like Forge but not the others so much. And the description is basically a whole lot of nothing with a lot of words to make it seem exciting.
    Interesting that Tank doesn't like Tank.

This Brevoort era isn't looking very promising to me. This art direction.... hmm, it's like 90's in the bad sort of way, not even the cool/sexy way. I love Sage and Forge conceptually, but this presentation isn't giving me a good feeling. And Tank? Over Colossus, Warpath, Thunderbird, Shatterstar, or any of a million other better known characters? Hmm. Well, I guess the Betsy/Rachel fans will be happy, and Surge people, but, yeah, this is not for me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Will pass on this. I like Forge but not the others so much. And the description is basically a whole lot of nothing with a lot of words to make it seem exciting.
    Yeah it doesn't actually say a whole lot, but certainly wasn't expecting that team, and given how safe the choices were with the first x-books I'm at least intrigued. Hoping for more Remember Uncanny X-force Unexpected Surprise than Humphries WTF Uncanny X-Force

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This Brevoort era isn't looking very promising to me. This art direction.... hmm, it's like 90's in the bad sort of way, not even the cool/sexy way. I love Sage and Forge conceptually, but this presentation isn't giving me a good feeling. And Tank? Over Colossus, Warpath, Thunderbird, Shatterstar, or any of a million other better known characters? Hmm. Well, I guess the Betsy/Rachel fans will be happy, and Surge people, but, yeah, this is not for me.
    I'm trying to reserve judgment but the nicest thing I can say is it could have been far more offensive

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Interesting that Tank doesn't like Tank.
    Lol. I honestly don’t know who this Tank character even is. My name is based on my dogs name. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wait why are people saying this writer is not that great?
    Geoffrey Thorne spends a lot of time on CBR forums, so I don’t want to be rude in case he reads it.

But in terms of why X-fans might not like him… A while back he said some things about the mutant metaphor, that X-fans didn’t care for. Mostly on Twitter and I think that’s gone.

https://gizmodo.com/black-panther-si...wan-1846189427

io9: [laughing] So I’ve heard. You were catching a lot of heat about M Day, Wanda, and the mutants’ usefulness as a metaphor for persecuted people, which ended up becoming a conversation about whether you were in the “Wanda was right” camp.

Thorne: I could have made that comment without the “Wanda was right comment,” but let’s just say that I’m a provocateur. Let me just say this: Black and brown people have been having this discussion basically forever. I love the X-Men, but the metaphor works only up to the point where people start shooting laser beams out of their eyes. With persecuted and marginalized people, it’s not that they’re actually dangerous, it’s that racist, homophobes, and misogynists have an irrational phobia of these people.

The problem with mutants and the X-Men is partially that they are very dangerous, often. Magneto and Storm, just the two of them, could accidentally wipe out baseline humanity. I’m allowed to be worried about that. It’s not the same thing as a gay couple setting up a house at the end of my cul-de-sac and starting a family.

io9: That’s very true.

Thorne: But also, what makes mutants special? People can’t really tell the difference between the Hulk and Colossus aside from the fact that they’re empowered people. The Thing literally looks like a monster, and just walks around New York where people are like “Hey, there’s Ben!” Meanwhile, Colossus, who’s a fairly attractive young man, could be walking around and the moment he turns on his steel, you’d hear “Oh my god, a mutant!” It doesn’t make sense.

What is this? Man I am so disappointed. And somehow Deadpool got included again. Instead of sticking what works, they always try and innovate new things that aren't interesting. Not one book so far am I interested in. I will just wait until JB post spoilers.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Happy to see at least one Academy X character will get the chance to shine. Hope they do her well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Well, gotta give the post-Krakoa era credit for something - I'll be picking up X-Force at launch for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Agreed. To delivers consistently great art, has a great sense of page composition and draws very pretty characters. I'm looking forward to seeing his take on Rachel, Nori and Forge especially.
    Oh yes he's inevitably going to make me horny(er?) for Forge

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Oh my god!!!!!
    I'm so very ecstatic for you Sibs.

I'm bummed Deadannoyinglilturdpool is there (even as a guest star) but this sounds absolutely stellar!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, gotta give the post-Krakoa era credit for something - I'll be picking up X-Force at launch for the first time ever.
    I really doubt that Thorne can do worst than Percy, unless he tries it on purpouse. I can hardly see any future version of the team being more useless than Percy's version.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really doubt that Thorne can do worst than Percy, unless he tries it on purpouse. I can hardly see any future version of the team being more useless than Percy's version.
    If he does for X-Force what he did for Green Lantern... there may be a useless-ness competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm so very ecstatic for you Sibs.

I'm bummed Deadannoyinglilturdpool is there (even as a guest star) but this sounds absolutely stellar!!!
    Thanks Sibz!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Thanks Sibz!
    Going by the premise and with Betsy and Rachel on the team and To illustrating I wonder if they'll jaunt over into Otherworld once in a while. Someone needs to ask that question when Thorne does his inevitable AiPT:XMM interview.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!