Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Interesting that Tank doesn't like Tank.
    Damn. That was funny. LOL.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I hope those uniforms are just for the first arc.

I'm glad that Forge keeps getting a push even after the Krakoa era is over. After all those years being a side character in X-books, it's deserved.

Surge is a welcome surprise, but considering X-books' history with her generation, I'm cautious.

Deadpool is just here for an arc? Good. I mean, not at all would be better, but at least he'll eventually go away.

I still think Tank may be Taki or Madison.

Marcus To is great.
    I've only read Solo and Mosaic by Thorne. Solo was terriible, while Mosaic was pretty good. Kinda hope Mosaic will appear as a guest in X-Force. He's a character who should have gotten a push.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The writer is a complete unknown for me. I love To’s art, I don’t know that it would really suit the tone of a traditional X-Force book, but then this premise doesn’t sound like a typical X-Force book. I like a good chunk of the cast, very happy that Deadpool is only a guest I find him insufferable. Need a better look at the costumes to have an opinion on them, black and red color scheme seems to be in a lot of the new titles. Premise is not terribly exciting but at least it’s more defined than most of the other announced titles. I’ll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Marcus To is a safe choice kind of wish they went with RBSilva though. I guess I’ll wait for the previews.

He’s not a bad artist I just find his style so G rated and simple. Too clean.

And I also agree about the uniforms. They all should have individual uniforms.
    Marvel is not putting Silva on a side book lol he’s one of their biggest artists

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Deapool is one of many guest stars. Don't think he's permanent
    He's there for the same reason they used the X-Force name for something that's really not X-Force, at least IMO. Without that paramilitary vibe and no Cable or Wolverine, this might as well be Excalibur or Interplanetary X-men or pretty much anything else besides X-Force. But I think they know calling it X-Force will help with sales, and Deadpool is there to kind of sell it as X-Force. At least in the first arc.

And it's working because normally this book wouldn't be for me, but I'm going to give it a shot. At least the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He's there for the same reason they used the X-Force name for something that's really not X-Force, at least IMO. Without that paramilitary vibe and no Cable or Wolverine, this might as well be Excalibur or Interplanetary X-men or pretty much anything else besides X-Force. But I think they know calling it X-Force will help with sales, and Deadpool is there to kind of sell it as X-Force. At least in the first arc.

And it's working because normally this book wouldn't be for me, but I'm going to give it a shot. At least the first arc.
    The premise sounds more like the original X-Force to me than anything that has come out since.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The premise sounds more like the original X-Force to me than anything that has come out since.
    Agreed. X-Force morphed into something difference once Wolverine got involved but this seems to be getting back more to its roots

Geoffrey Thorne writing an X-Book is unexpected, but Marcus To is a huge steal.

This could be a really interesting roster. Also, Surge and Sage !

Glad to see Betsy out of the Captain Britain armor. I like Rachel's look too.

Marvel is not putting Silva on a side book lol he’s one of their biggest artists
    He was on Sam Wilson Captain America.

And X-Force sold more than that.

So its plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Geoffrey Thorne spends a lot of time on CBR forums, so I don’t want to be rude in case he reads it.

But in terms of why X-fans might not like him… A while back he said some things about the mutant metaphor, that X-fans didn’t care for. Mostly on Twitter and I think that’s gone.

https://gizmodo.com/black-panther-si...wan-1846189427
    I don't see anything controversial here. He is speaking the truth.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Looking at those uniforme I cannot help but think this was going to be X-Treme X-men until someone rightly deduced that the X-Force title was going to sell better.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. X-Force morphed into something difference once Wolverine got involved but this seems to be getting back more to its roots
    Totally disagree, but that's okay. Different opinions make the world go round. X-Force to me, from the very beginning, was a paramilitary offshoot of the X-men. Cable molded some of the New Mutants into soldiers, plus picked up some new recruits who were a bit more hardened (Domino, Feral, Warpath, Shatterstar) and they did the dirty jobs "taking out threats before they came to the mansion's doorstep". Mutants using guns, knives and swords and not just their powers. Liefeld once described it as "X-men meets G.I. Joe" and talked about how the idea of a team of mutant superheroes using weapons would make for action figures that would sell. Or something along those lines.

So all that went into the stew that was X-Force from the beginning. If anything, the Wolverine led black ops "kill squads" just leaned into that even further, making the team less like a militia and more like a group of special forces operators (i.e., better trained, more lethal instruments but still paramilitary in nature).

Again, just how I have always seen X-Force and continue to see it. Admittedly it has veered away from that concept from time to time, but always finds its way back to it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Looking at those uniforms I cannot help but think this was going to be X-Treme X-men until someone rightly deduced that the X-Force title was going to sell better.
    Precisely the vibe I get from it too.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope those uniforms are just for the first arc.
    I'm gonna wait for a better look at the uniforms before final judgements, but I have to admit that so far I like Sage's new look. So glad she stopped stealing Jubilee's jackets (being an useless alcoholic in previous X-force is not an excuse to steal other people's clothes lmao)

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Who is the Big Red Guy in the background? Anyone recognize him?
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.