Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Best of the rest? Either X-Factor or we need a new book or an opportunity lost

None of the next era books are really exciting me so unless these characters are in X-Factor, I would prefer a book of the unclaimed X-characters: Madelyne Pryor (Goblin Queen), Alex Summers (Havok), Lucas Bishop (Bishop), Roberto DeCosta (Sunspot), Lorna Dane (Polaris), Warren Worthington(Archangel), maybe Allison Blair (Dazzler) or Clarice Furguson (Blink), and even Nathan Summers (Cable) more than anything announced so far.

Or maybe this group can be the foils against the Uncanny X-men team. friendly rivals like Alpha Flight used to be to the Uncanny X-Men.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 04-09-2024 at 02:57 PM.

All these new announcements and the rosters are mid to me IMO. I feel like this is Revolution all over again.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Astonishing Member

Hasn't even started yet.

The characters currently without confirmed roles that I want to see the most:
    - Dazzler
    - Iceman
    - Northstar
    - Polaris
    - Moonstar
    - Sunspot
    - Wind Dancer
    - Angel
    - Bishop
    - Thunderbird
    - Warpath
    - Frenzy
    - Cannonball
    - Synch
    - Colossus
    - Banshee
    - Husk

And these are just the reasonably popular that I think should have secured roles most of the time.

Ironically, my dream X-factor team is still totally available LOL:
    - Angel
    - Iceman
    - Dazzler
    - Monet
    - Wind Dancer
    - Northstar

So far, not counting Ultimate X-Men:
    New Mutants: 1
    Generation X: 1
    Academy X: 1 or 2 (not sure where pink haired poochie should be counted)
    Generation Hope: 1

No great, but I'm used to it. At least, there is no double team membership for now.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 04-09-2024 at 03:07 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    None of the next era books are really exciting me so unless these characters are in X-Factor, I would prefer a book of the unclaimed X-characters: Madelyne Pryor (Goblin Queen), Alex Summers (Havok), Lucas Bishop (Bishop), Roberto DeCosta (Sunspot), Lorna Dane (Polaris), Warren Worthington(Archangel), maybe Allison Blair (Dazzler) or Clarice Furguson (Blink), and even Nathan Summers (Cable) more than anything announced so far.

Or maybe this group can be the foils against the Uncanny X-men team. friendly rivals like Alpha Flight used to be to the Uncanny X-Men.
    Absolutely. I'd be more excited for that team than I am for any of the ones already announced.

I actually would dig both of these teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    - Angel
    - Iceman
    - Dazzler
    - Monet
    - Wind Dancer
    - Northstar
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    (...) Madelyne Pryor (Goblin Queen), Alex Summers (Havok), Lucas Bishop (Bishop), Roberto DeCosta (Sunspot), Lorna Dane (Polaris), Warren Worthington(Archangel), maybe Allison Blair (Dazzler) or Clarice Furguson (Blink), and even Nathan Summers (Cable) more than anything announced so far.
    As a Warren fan, I would love to see more of him and Monet dysfunctional partnership. And I'll always advocate for more Warren and Bobby together.
    I loved Dark X-Men as well, so. Oh, and yes, more Warren and Dazzler!
    I know little about Wind Dancer so I don't much care for her (or Blink), but all the other characters mentioned above. I WANT THESE TWO TEAMS. Give them to meeee
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Astonishing Member

I have now seen the NYX solicit and while not going hyperbolic I am pretty meh about this next phase, unless X-Factor's team and creative blows me away. There are a lot of unclaimed mutants I would be excited to see but Lord only knows if they will be in X-Factor or not. So far I guess I will add the Cyke/Magneto book and maybe the Wolvie one just because but I am not overly excited about those books either but I figure those titles are most likely to use the unclaimed if they remain unclaimed.

Astonishing Member

The characters currently without confirmed roles that I want to see the most:

- Angel
    - Iceman
    - Dazzler
    - Monet
    - Wind Dancer
    - Northstar
    I'd take two or three of those. I wouldn't mind an old school X-Men lineup with Havok and Polaris replacing Scott and Jean. Add Dazzler so there is more than one female. Throw is Thunderbird or Colossus as the muscle. Heck, I'd take both.

Realistically speaking, the X-line is never going to have enough space for all the characters worth spending time on.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Realistically speaking, the X-line is never going to have enough space for all the characters worth spending time on.
    Especially since with every relaunch they add even more characters.

Especially since with every relaunch they add even more characters.
    It's kind of joke at this point..X-men really is the one franchise that should just not allow anymore original characters..with maybe new villains being the exception

Tbh I'd be fine with it if they capped off some characters' stories and gave them good endings, instead of bringing them back for background stuff or one-off stories. It worked with Veil from Avengers Academy. As much as I'd love Julian, I'd be fine with him getting respect from the adults and then riding into the sunset with Sofia. Have Wallflower confront and defeat her dad, then retire from the X-line to focus on using her power to help people as a therapist or something.

I'd lament not seeing them to their full potential, but I'd at least be content that they were left in a good place and won't just be left hanging.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Either Factor will have a powerful lineup of A listers and be THE premier X book, or based on the other new books it will have a few known and some original new ones.

My predictions for new mutants:
    Sword
    Flush
    Stomp
    Gold
    Fight
    Chillin‘Dude
    Freeze
    Jumpy
    Emotional Garbage
    Sweat

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

So many characters left to pick from, I can only hope that those not in X-Factor will feature in some second wave books.

Iceman, of everyone, has got to be in a book right?!