View Poll Results: What Wonder Woman villain should get their own comic/movie/TV show showcase?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheetah (any version you prefer)

9 32.14%
  • Silver Swan

4 14.29%
  • Dr. Psycho

2 7.14%
  • Circe

13 46.43%
  • Other (tell us who)

4 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I voted Circe, but actually now I am slightly changing my mind. Because her origins is Greek mythology, it would be Circe, but not necessarily Circe the Wonder Woman villain.
    Hadn't HBO Max greenlit a show based on the famous Circe novel by Madeline Miller? It basically plays like Circe's autobiography from her upbringing and leading up to the events of the Odyssey and some other prominent Greek mythological events from her POV. An excellent read and shows the amount of potential there is with the character.

The Witcher's Anya Chalotra who is voicing Circe on the Creature Commandos show would kill it in a live action adaptation of such a story.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-14-2024 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Hadn't HBO Max greenlit a show based on the famous Circe novel by Madeline Miller? It basically plays like Circe's autobiography from her upbringing and leading up to the events of the Odyssey and some other prominent Greek mythological events from her POV. An excellent read and shows the amount of potential there is with the character.
    I read that book; such an amazingly beautiful, evocative read.
    I also wonder what happened to the HBO Max series that was announced...

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I read that book; such an amazingly beautiful, evocative read.
    I also wonder what happened to the HBO Max series that was announced...
    I hope they didn't cancel it because they thought people would find its existence too confusing with Gunn's plans for Circe in his DC universe and the announced Paradise Lost which may also have similar themes. Though Madeline Miller may make a great story consultant or even head writer for the PL show.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Cheetah and Swan could be made to be the most sympathetic and honestly the only two who would be known as Wonder Woman villains. Psycho would be tooled off as a Harley villain as that's where he's been showing lately unfortunately. I also wouldn't want him to be shown in any sort of sympathetic light considering the high amounts of misogyny in his stories. Circe could have an excellent stand alone story, but again, people aren't going to see her as a Wonder Woman villain, they will see her as the mythological character. Cheetah is the most well known thanks to the Super Friends and the only appearances of Swan have been in Wonder Woman.

Giganta is another one who could potentially go out on her own, but she runs the risk (as might Cheetah) of being a super powered Lara Croft or Indiana Jones. Could still be awesome if done right though.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Silver Swan is absolutely not known as a Wonder Woman villain. Her biggest appearance was WW bloodlines. She has never been in any other movie or tv show

Astonishing Member

I am not sure what you mean when you say "calibre," but...

What I'm saying is that no fictional character becomes amazing and iconic in the public imagination unless writers, editors, and companies mold it, develop it, and build it up.

Wonder Woman's villains, for the most part, are stuck in and endless self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Of all her villains, I think the Golden Age Cheetah is the most compelling -- beautiful woman who hates playing second fiddle to WW -- develops a split? personality plots ways to eliminate the competition (not by trying to fight her - because she will never be able to do that). But while the concept is sound -- it's not Joker level. I mean -- crazy clown face, mass murderer -- that's gold even without the years of appearances in multi-media.

What it comes down to is that any of her villains could have a movie similar to 'Joker' (never saw it, and don't plan to), but I don't see the point since the character would be unknown to a mass audience.

I think Priscilla is the best candidate for a movie protagonist. She's easy to make sympathetic and her Jekyll and Hyde thing is a classic. Maybe once she enters public domain some indie company can make the movie?

I could see a scenario where Dr. Psycho would be featured in a horror film, he's pretty much tailor made for it.

I am not sure what you mean when you say "calibre," but I certainly know that when a company spends endless amounts of resources, and puts a herculean effort in nurturing, developing, and building up a character across multiple books and multiple media, the end result will usually that most people will deem said character as "better" or "of higher calibre" than a character that no writer wants to touch...
    Seems Doctor Cyber, Doctor Psycho, Janus, Queen of Fables, Superwoman and Giganta...are all pretty cool characters, that any livac project would leap at getting its hands.

Tynion Circe (only) for a movie... https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2023...-circe-is.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-22-2024 at 04:10 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!