Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

I hope she did the team needs more members since they have lost like 4

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Did she survive?
    Most likely seeing how she was set up as someone recurring from a multi seasonal perspective but most likely as a villain. That's before he was let go from the show so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I'm aware this isn't the comics, but obviously TAS and 97' in particular take a lot of inspiration from this. Even here, Gambit has a lot of the same story beats. He's a huge flirt, which Rogue is too, and hide his marriage with Belladonna from Rogue. It's easy to see some of the issues coming up for them from the comics considering both have a hard time communicating.

As for Rogue in the last decade, I do think Carey didn't handle the relationship the best either. I will say though if anything Milligan should be blamed for that state, considering the entire Mystique fiasco and Gambit seeking out Apocalypse. Regardless, both characters made bad choices and have reconciled since. That wasn't really my point; that the show did have it be slightly unbalanced thus viewing Gambit as a saint when we know it isn't that simple in the comics. It just fuels fanwars if you are not careful in this regard.

This is a joke, but it's gross that some people really believe this. That is not at all what Gambit would have believed.
    In the comics I think Gambit was largely at fault for their issues and then it flipped around Milligan. It was a toxic relationship IMO.

Part of what made XTAS great was that toxicity was left behind. Yes there were still issues but not to the level protrayed in the comics.

And of course Gambit would not really say that. At least as he is written here. I am saying what I would say in his shoes. He comes off far more mature than I think most would be in this situation.

Bear in mind the wound here is still raw. If the Mags thing happened and then weeks or months later he died then I would expect there to have been time to work out any issues.

What I am expressing here is the anger you would expect when all of this is unfolding in a matter of hours with the understanding that once cooler heads prevailed you would view the realtionship in totality and not just focus in on the hurt caused in that short period of time.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-11-2024 at 10:30 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    In the comics I think Gambit was largely at fault for their issues and then it flipped around Milligan. It was a toxic relationship IMO.

Part of what made XTAS great was that toxicity was left behind. Yes there were still issues but not to the level protrayed in the comics.

And of course Gambit would not really say that. At least as he is written here. I am saying what I would say in his shoes. He comes off far more mature than I think most would be in this situation.

Bear in mind the wound here is still raw. If the Mags thing happened and then weeks or months later he died then I would expect there to have been time to work out any issues.

What I am expressing here is the anger you would expect when all of this is unfolding in a matter of hours with the understanding that once cooler heads prevailed you would view the realtionship in totality and not just focus in on the hurt caused in that short period of time.
    I do agree TAS lightened the romance, so it didn't feel as strained and drama-filled.

On the otherhand, 97' has chosen to inject some of that drama from the comics, which is a double-edged sword; you want your characters to feel deep and human but you don't want them to be unlikable or drive away fans.

I get feeling upset and resonating with your favorites, just wish fans understood the writers weren't trying to make any character "the bad guy". There is a reason the writers wrote it this way, they wanted it to feel complex and human for us to empathize with both POVs. I think they were successful to an extent with most of the fanbase, but clearly some fans have interpreted it the worst way which is frustrating.

Oh well, you are right, eventually we'll move on from this and there will be new things to call our attention with. With how fast this series is moving, I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding foreshadowing from Nightcrawler happens eventually whenever Gambit comes back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I keep thinking about Gambit's heroic scene and can't help but wonder if this is how kids felt when they saw Optimus Prime fall in the animated Transformers movie.
    I saw the movie as a 6 year old in 1986.
    Confirm confirm.
    The only thing is Optimus lived a little afterward to die on the medical table and say his goodbyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I do agree TAS lightened the romance, so it didn't feel as strained and drama-filled.

On the otherhand, 97' has chosen to inject some of that drama from the comics, which is a double-edged sword; you want your characters to feel deep and human but you don't want them to be unlikable or drive away fans.

I get feeling upset and resonating with your favorites, just wish fans understood the writers weren't trying to make any character "the bad guy". There is a reason the writers wrote it this way, they wanted it to feel complex and human for us to empathize with both POVs. I think they were successful to an extent with most of the fanbase, but clearly some fans have interpreted it the worst way which is frustrating.

Oh well, you are right, eventually we'll move on from this and there will be new things to call our attention with. With how fast this series is moving, I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding foreshadowing from Nightcrawler happens eventually whenever Gambit comes back.
    Well I think the writers were trying to troll a bit. Up to this point there has been a few jokes about the time Mags and Rogue were spending together. So Gambit fans definitely felt he was made fun of especially if you saw the memes on Twitter. I think his big send off here just made that trolling worth it for most Gambit fans. I would be a lot more upset if he had died in a less heroic way.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm just imagining Maddie's death is going to make things even worse between Scott and Jean (especially Scott). It's been downhill for Scott since the end of episode 2.

Also I'm usually pro-ponytail but something about Jean in one just feels wrong.
    Yeah Scott and Emma was actually legit cheating... Maddie? Um... Scott actually married her... that's not cheating.!!! Also, Scot was a couple with Maddie for over a year it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well I think the writers were trying to troll a bit. Up to this point there has been a few jokes about the time Mags and Rogue were spending together. So Gambit fans definitely felt he was made fun of especially if you saw the memes on Twitter. I think his big send off here just made that trolling worth it for most Gambit fans. I would be a lot more upset if he had died in a less heroic way.
    Yes, definitely playing it up for the drama. I honestly thought it was all going to be a misdirection, but they really went there.

I am glad Remy got some respect shown here and I'm happy he seems to gaining more fans. Now if only this happened in the comics more...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    Cable being included means that this episode will be erased by Cable jumping further in time back to stop the attack. It was a great episode but it’s going to be erased. Classic story telling device.
    My thoughts as well. Or something similar - all involving time travel.
    Good episode.
    Think the episode title goes beyond Gambit and is also aimed at Us (and some/all in-universe characters).
    It was certainly one to remember.

I was excited for some light, nostalgic fare when this show came out…I had no idea it would deliver so much more! This episode far exceeded any of my expectations, even having enjoyed every episode so far. Incredible stuff.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Good episode.
    Think the episode title goes beyond Gambit and is also aimed at Us (and some/all in-universe characters).
    Remember It had so many layers to the name.

* Jean remembering who she is
    * Scott remembering losing Nathan
    * Scott questioning if Jean loves him or a memory
    * Rogue remembering her past with Mags
    * Magneto remembering what Geonosha meant to Charles dream
    * Cable remembering his mother and vice versa
    * Magneto remembering the Holocaust and refusing to let the Morlocks suffer that fate
    * And of course, remembering those who were lost in the genocide, including the one who stopped it.

The whole story was about memories and memorials.

Good episode.
    Yeah, I think so too. The question is how much of it will be prevented by Cable's time travel? The whole attack or just enough for the X-men and Genoshans to be ready to fight off the Sentinels?
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Fantastic Member

Did anyone figure out who that mutant was that was making ice cream treats on Genosha? He looked like Bobby from the original animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Did anyone figure out who that mutant was that was making ice cream treats on Genosha? He looked like Bobby from the original animated series.
    Wasn't there a meme Mutant that made ice cream? But it was a woman.

BANNED

Good episode.
    If you read the writer's comments on the episode, I really doubt it. Cable did try and stop it already and it didn't work. Personally, in this case, I think it would be a narrative cop-out and ruin the power of the episode.