Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    DeMayo told that Ep 5 was our warm-up before episodes 8-10.
    So maybe they are going full Krakoa and kill all or most X-Men so healed Xavier will return from space and ressurect everyone?

I don`t want Cable to erase everything. Also Cable/Maddie moment was perfect.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I swear for a Jean fan your posts about her always seem more critical than not. One month ago, Jean finally realized the depth of Logan's true feelings for her. A love that could potentially even overpower Scott's and likely resonates more with the real Jean, the Phoenix side of her that is, which she seems to be embracing again. I don't think it's a coincidence she was able to open up to Logan about Phoenix and how she missed that power because as she stated, Scott was afraid of that side of her. Now she knows Logan has never been afraid but even accepts that part of her as they're both primal based. After a month of being shut out by Scott and feeling lost and confused with all the significant members of her life (Scott, Ororo, and Xavier) missing, it makes sense that she would have doubts and turn to Logan. He's the only one that's real and now he's the one keeping her grounded the way Scott used to but won't anymore.
    I can see the show going the route that Claremont wanted to go with Jean realizing she has a much deeper psychic rapport with Logan than she ever did with Scott and that he's her true soulmate. The question of who apparently will die by the end of the season also makes me wonder if it might not be Logan with the Dark Wolverine Saga being adapted next season since that's what Claremont planned on using to bring Jean and Logan together.
    One can be a fan while also being non-biased and hold her accountable if and when she does wrong. She's not perfect and I dont have to excuse and ride for everything she does. Maybe you do; I dont

BANNED

Honestly, that's probably the best episode of any Marvel series I've ever seen. That's an instant classic in my book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    spoilers:
    DeMayo told that Ep 5 was our warm-up before episodes 8-10.
    So maybe they are going full Krakoa and kill all or most X-Men so healed Xavier will return from space and ressurect everyone?

I don`t want Cable to erase everything. Also Cable/Maddie moment was perfect.
    end of spoilers
    Eh, I really hope they don't go that route already. It would feel like such a cop-out after this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    - Cyclops and that rant he made on television just goes to show he'll be donning the All New All Different head condom soon. That was great.
    God, I hope not. I HATE when he wears that thing. I can only see him as a robot (Robocop) when he wears the skullcap.

I am also surprised that Dazzler’s hair color was not corrected for this series. Julia Lewald has even stated that they were embarrassed when they got back the finalized animation for “The Dark Phoenix Saga: Part 1 - Dazzled” episode and Dazzler had red hair instead of her trademark blonde hair.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Jean has every right to be pissed at Cyke IMO. The dude claims to love her so much and is being distant with her. You'd think after her ordeal and her not knowing which memories are actually hers he'd be more comforting. He's hurting over his son, but so is Jean since she and Maddie have shared memories of what happened. Cyke gotta man up... put some icy hot on or somethin'...
    Eh, he was with Maddie, married her and had a child with her. He doesn't even know how much of his relationship with Jean was actually Maddie. It's a very weird, confusing situation. Maddie was his wife and with him for who knows how long and is someone he can share in his grief with.

Like, yeah, he shouldn't be doing that, but I think it's pretty forgivable under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Eh, he was with Maddie, married her and had a child with her. He doesn't even know how much of his relationship with Jean was actually Maddie. It's a very weird, confusing situation. Maddie was his wife and with him for who knows how long and is someone he can share in his grief with.

Like, yeah, he shouldn't be doing that, but I think it's pretty forgivable under the circumstances.
    My personal take from what I am seeing here is...

Who is in the wrong? Yes.

Who deserves sympathy for all the crap they are dealing with? Yes.

Everyone processes trauma differently. Why should fictional characters be any different?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yeah I don't get the Emma complaints. Even in the comics, her turn to the side of the angels was very thin and weak. Her care for children was only vaguely shown in New Mutants and a majority of that also just highlighted her abuse of them. The heavy lifting of moving her beyond a two dimensional villain was done after she joined Gen X so I don't see why we needed to see bits of her nuance here in the cartoon when so much was already lacking in the source material. If they screw up her "redemption," then I can see reasons to complain. It just seems too early to besaying that right now though. She was 2 dimensional as a villain and she is here too for now.
    The Emma complaints come from a number of areas. The background to everything are comments the writer's made showing they dislike the character and don't have a good understanding of her. Then you have them adopting E is for Extinction, which is big story for her, but she has been basically a cameo character to this point with no set up. Its possible they do this in place of the Hellions dying but again there hasn't been any build up for her character. There's also Cyclops having the affair with Maddie. It makes more sense in this instance but I can see how there might be concern with Emma's storylines being given to other characters.

People using the word affair to describe Scott and Maddie but is it? Thats his wife and mother of his child. The show has been very vague about defining Scott and Jean but what we do know is that they've barely been speaking so are they even together? Maddie decided to bow out and not make things complicated but she did strike out alone. I dont think there is anything wrong with Scott checking in on her. This is more than he did or her in the books. And if he finds it easier to talk to her then yeah of course. Thats the woman who he's been with and loved for at least almost the past year and the switcheroo reveal doesnt negate that. He cant jus pick up and move forward with Jean swapping Maddie out for her bc he doesnt know where his time with her began and end. In the short term and now, it doesnt matter bc he knows for a fact that his recent time wasnt with her

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I swear for a Jean fan your posts about her always seem more critical than not. One month ago, Jean finally realized the depth of Logan's true feelings for her. A love that could potentially even overpower Scott's and likely resonates more with the real Jean, the Phoenix side of her that is, which she seems to be embracing again. I don't think it's a coincidence she was able to open up to Logan about Phoenix and how she missed that power because as she stated, Scott was afraid of that side of her. Now she knows Logan has never been afraid but even accepts that part of her as they're both primal based. After a month of being shut out by Scott and feeling lost and confused with all the significant members of her life (Scott, Ororo, and Xavier) missing, it makes sense that she would have doubts and turn to Logan. He's the only one that's real and now he's the one keeping her grounded the way Scott used to but won't anymore.
    I can see the show going the route that Claremont wanted to go with Jean realizing she has a much deeper psychic rapport with Logan than she ever did with Scott and that he's her true soulmate. The question of who apparently will die by the end of the season also makes me wonder if it might not be Logan with the Dark Wolverine Saga being adapted next season since that's what Claremont planned on using to bring Jean and Logan together.
    One month ago, Scott was in love with, married to and had a child with Maddy. He may be finally realizing the depth of Maddy's true feelings for him. A love that could potentially even overpower Jean's and likely resonates more with the real Scott, the family side of him that is, which he seems to be embracing. I don't think it's a coincidence he was able to open up to Maddy about their son and how he missed their son because it is their son and not Jean's. Now he knows Maddy is the only one who he can share that pain with because she not Jean lost a son too. After a month of mourning that loss and feeling lost and confused, it makes sense that he would have doubts and turn to Maddy. She's the only one that understands his pain and now she's the one keeping him grounded in a way Jean used to but can't anymore.

I can see the show going the route of Scott realizing he has a much deeper rapport with the mother of his child than he ever did with Jean and Maddie is his true soulmate.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    The Emma complaints come from a number of areas. The background to everything are comments the writer's made showing they dislike the character and don't have a good understanding of her. Then you have them adopting E is for Extinction, which is big story for her, but she has been basically a cameo character to this point with no set up. Its possible they do this in place of the Hellions dying but again there hasn't been any build up for her character. There's also Cyclops having the affair with Maddie. It makes more sense in this instance but I can see how there might be concern with Emma's storylines being given to other characters.
    Ellie wasn't even shown as a cameo, unless the plan is for her to be carrying Pixie's corpse instead. I'd say you're more likely to see another coma then her diamond form. Then follow X-cutioners song.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm really loving how messy, flawed and just incredibly human the characters are in X-Men '97.

Scott totally losing it on camera, damn the consequences, and then seeking comfort with his ex-wife, if one can call her that; Jean kissing Logan despite knowing it's "against the rules"; Rogue touching and kissing Magneto in front of everyone even though she knows it will break Gambit's heart. Roberto risking his life by not using his powers, because his left-loathing is just too big.

Their attitude and relationships are just so incredibly messy which makes them all the more relatable and makes me love them even more.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Does anyone else feels like Val Cooper will turn out to be Mystique
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Pretty sure of it.

Her reaction when Magneto tells her Rogue will rule with him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    What’s the endgame for her though?
    If the 3-part finale is going to be an adaptation of OZT as many people are speculating, then there's a major plot point that she will be responsible for which I think will be very interesting in her current situation.

Just watched this. Honestly, the ending almost me be cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    the best episode so far. They've taken a lot of ideas from all the runs and made something new. I like that because we know what happens in the comics they can still surprise us with something new.

I'm heartbroken. That last scene was devastating. Great job by Lenore.

And about Magneto and Rogue in the past. It looked very creepy. I know that wasn't the intention. But just because he can touch her doesn't mean he should touch her being her mentor. She could have a big crush on him, but he should be more mature to turn her down.
    I was actually impressed at how much they leaned into the grooming implications with the flashbacks, instead of just retconning her to be older. Like. This man first met her as a teenager! Complete with Mama Mystique dropping her off in that Tomb Raider Savage Land get-up like she’s just off to a performing arts camp for the summer or whatever.

I thought, wow. We’re not romanticizing how this started, or why she has that odd attachment to him. I hate it, but it makes more sense (and is more true to her character!!!) than just “lol hmm but she can touch him, so.”

……..and then it’s just wall to wall “lol who cares age of consent!!” comments.

(Glad to see from yours that at least I wasn’t the only one picking up on this lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Is it significant that they had Gambit save the Morlocks this episode
    I forget is he still responsible for the Morlock Massacre or not
    Poor Marrow died so I think this episode was about subverting a lot of the history in the comics

I mean has Gambit ever had a major sacrifice like this in the mainline continuity. although I think Rogue cradling his body is meant to evoke the death of superman I'm sure there is a panel like this in marvel somewhere
    Gambit sacrificing himself to take down an enemy and save Rogue is from Ultimate X-Men Annual #1. The circumstances were wildly different (it was Juggernaut, not OP sentinels), but they were definitely taking visual inspiration from there.

Note the suit, with Rogue in a red dress as she cradles his body in the rubble.