Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    lol Including that Ace of Base track was awesome.
    I found that pretty funny too. I haven't heard that song in forever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Seeing so many misogynistic comments all over the internet re: Jean and especially Rogue. I keep forgetting how sexist the comics community is.
    And racist and homophobic...but I digress.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They haven't done Onslaught.
    That would be interesting and a pretty quintessential 90s villain and event.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Speaking of Polaris, I hope we see her interact with Zaladane in the Savage Land at some point during the series.
    I would love to see Zaladane come back in her full 90s look, complete with her deep ass raspy voice from the Savage Land, Savage Heart episodes.

Seeing so many misogynistic comments all over the internet re: Jean and especially Rogue. I keep forgetting how sexist the comics community is.
    Why you putting yourself in those spaces, boo?

Although I was ready to turn on Rogue mid-way through this episode. And I say that as a Rogue stan. But the second half brought me back in.

Sad but true. The current situation isn't one where I pin the blame on anyone. I consider it something nearly impossible to deal with in an appropriate manner, and everyone involved is both right and wrong in equal measure with their handling of it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Rogue's probably going to feel even worse that she wasn't able to tell Remy she chose him before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    For real. It's pretty annoying and why I dislike love triangles. It almost always looks worse for the women in the situation.

I think the writers did a alright job making everyone balanced, but took it out some nuance with the triangles that makes it less... messy for the girls. Gambit isn't celibate / a monk when Rogue and he are not together as shown in his solo series, understandably. as well as one time perhaps when they were together and he cheated Meanwhile with Jean, the Madelyne situation looked a whole lot worse for Scott in the comics.
    This isnt the comics but the TV show. In this universe there is no evidence Gambit was unfaithful.

As for the comics, Gambit has been criticized for his indiscretions. There were plenty of people that felt Gambit wasnt good enough for Rogue early on in their relationship.

The issue with Rogue is moreso timing. The last decade or so it has been her not Gambit that has had committment issues and the writers have done her no favors by having her hooking up with Mags literally within a few pages of Gambit pouring his heart out to her. Whether it be in legacy or in this episode.

As for Jean and Scott the only thing that was out of order here was Jean getting mad at Scott within a few pages of her kissing Wolvy. Otherwise it is a messed up situation for them both and I cant fault either.

By contrast, in the comics I find Scott to be a major tool given how that all unfolded.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-11-2024 at 10:00 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I keep thinking about Gambit's heroic scene and can't help but wonder if this is how kids felt when they saw Optimus Prime fall in the animated Transformers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rogue's probably going to feel even worse that she wasn't able to tell Remy she chose him before he died.
    Rogue: Hey Remy even though I totally made out with Mags in front of you and the whole world 2 seconds after breaking up with you, I chose you.

Remy: Pardon moi, Chere but kindly get your hands off of me and let me die in peace.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

EDIT: I know better.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 04-11-2024 at 10:12 AM.

Quick question where did Beau put himself in this episode?

They all need counselling they can make an appointment with Ms. Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This isnt the comics but the TV show. In this universe there is no evidence Gambit was unfaithful.

As for the comics, Gambit has been criticized for his indiscretions. There were plenty of people that felt Gambit wasnt good enough for Rogue early on in their relationship.

The issue with Rogue is moreso timing. The last decade or so it has been her not Gambit that has had committment issues and the writers have done her no favors by having her hooking up with Mags literally within a few pages of Gambit pouring his heart out to her. Whether it be in legacy or in this episode.

As for Jean and Scott the only thing that was out of order here was Jean getting mad at Scott within a few pages of her kissing Wolvy. Otherwise it is a messed up situation for them both and I cant fault either.

By contrast, in the comics I find Scott to be a major tool given how that all unfolded.
    I'm aware this isn't the comics, but obviously TAS and 97' in particular take a lot of inspiration from this. Even here, Gambit has a lot of the same story beats. He's a huge flirt, which Rogue is too, and hide his marriage with Belladonna from Rogue. It's easy to see some of the issues coming up for them from the comics considering both have a hard time communicating.

As for Rogue in the last decade, I do think Carey didn't handle the relationship the best either. I will say though if anything Milligan should be blamed for that state, considering the entire Mystique fiasco and Gambit seeking out Apocalypse. Regardless, both characters made bad choices and have reconciled since. That wasn't really my point; that the show did have it be slightly unbalanced thus viewing Gambit as a saint when we know it isn't that simple in the comics. It just fuels fanwars if you are not careful in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Remydat
    Rogue: Hey Remy even though I totally made out with Mags in front of you and the whole world 2 seconds after breaking up with you, I chose you.

Remy: Pardon moi, Chere but kindly get your hands off of me and let me die in peace.
    This is a joke, but it's gross that some people really believe this. That is not at all what Gambit would have believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Quick question where did Beau put himself in this episode?
    On the roof with Nightcrawler. The Sentinel is about to attack but then stops when Gambit starts to attack it.

https://www.looper.com/1559433/marve...-demayo-cameo/
    Last edited by remydat; 04-11-2024 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They all need counselling they can make an appointment with Ms. Frost.
    Did she survive?