Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Man if this episode was just an appetizer for what's to come, I kinda have a feeling of what's coming in the finale. I knew Gambit was due for something great, but I didn't expect this... he obviously gonna come back some way(due to Cable & Bishop probably), dude's way too popular. The team intos looking pretty thin lately, tho I'm assuming Storm makes a return next week. I'm hoping Nightcrawler joins the team at some point, his reunion with Rogue and Gambit too much of a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Well first of all, what do you mean by "adult". She was probably legally an adult when this happened, but that doesn't mean she wasn't still very young; in the age range of 18-20.
    Vulnerable, homeless, young adult...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I, once more, vehemently disagree with you on Jean. There is a plain difference between an affair that has been going on for a month or longer by Scott’s own admission vs Jean having a moment of weakness because she can’t figure out what are her memories and what are Madelyne’s. It doesn’t excuse Jean’s actions, but that doesn’t mean Jean comes off the bad guy.

And what are you talking about with Rogue? Gambit literally states they will only be friends before the Gala even started and Rogue admitted to him that their relationship was only physical and would never be more. You can at best say what Rogue did was cold and screwed up to not take her supposed friend’s feelings into account, but she was in no way cheating.

I get why you’re offended for Gambit at least, but I have no clue what is up with calling Jean out on being equally as bad when what she did was nowhere near as wrong. She didn’t even get a chance to talk to Cyclops about what happened between her and Wolverine to make amends because of what she found out.
    I stand corrected as I had to rewatch that scene as I left the episode thinking Jean was the one kissing Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Vulnerable, homeless, young adult...
    I definitely think Mystique being there was intentional by the writers.

Rogue in that scene reads as very naive, being fascinated by how a mature and much older man is showing interest in her. Kinda textbook tbh.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope now that Logan kind of got what he’s been pining for, and realized it wouldn’t work so he pushed her away, that he’ll stop acting like such a lovelorn little bitch. Let me see badass Wolverine at some point. Not Jean’s backup plan.

Also, the Cable scene in this one made me yell with surprise. Need more of him too.

So excited to see Cable. And I’m a genosha episode like season 1 I shoulda know. Mad I had the subtitles on because it had his name with his first line before he was shown so slightly spoiled right before….

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I definitely think Mystique being there was intentional by the writers.

Rogue in that scene reads as very naive, being fascinated by how a mature and much older man is showing interest in her. Kinda textbook tbh.
    Mystique being there sort of infantizes her as well... That and abandoning her with him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Also nice touch that they had Gambit save the Morlocks given his involvement in the Mutant Massacre.
    Meanwhile Marrow, who was one of the survivors of the massacre, in current canon thanks to him, was seemingly vaporized here.

You gain some, you lose some.

They didn't mention a number... Won't be 16 million anyway.

This episode was incredible.

I do want to chime in on the Rogueneto thing.

There is absolutely NOTHING that suggests that he took advantage of her. It seemed purely consentual. And in the end SHE was mature enough to realize she couldn't handle his pain and she ended it, which was extremely mature of her. And she does this twice. And neither Magneto nor Gambit fault her for her choices. Seriously it feels like one of the most mature love triangles I've ever seen.

Now for the episode itself. I know a lot of people feel that things are going too fast. I feel that's actually a strength. As much as I liked the original show, there were times where it drug on entirely too long. This entire episode probably would have been a three parter back then. It just feels like they have a better idea of how they want to connect everything this go round.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Mystique being there sort of infantizes her as well... That and abandoning her with him?
    C'mon, Mystique has never been fucked up enough to pimp out her daughter. She was introducing her to the boss not practicing wife husbandry.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    C'mon, Mystique has never been fucked up enough to pimp out her daughter. She was introducing her to the boss not practicing wife husbandry.
    Remember Pulse in Blood of Apocalypse?

Im lowkey shocked that some of you are acting like we dont get attracted to people that are 5-10 years older than us.

But Ill drop it. I dont get some of you.

Like even in real life young girls and men that range from 19-24 are attacted to people 10 yrs older than them.

Remember Pulse in Blood of Apocalypse?
    That is only the second time actually. She did again in a much, much older comic. Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I, once more, vehemently disagree with you on Jean. There is a plain difference between an affair that has been going on for a month or longer by Scott’s own admission vs Jean having a moment of weakness because she can’t figure out what are her memories and what are Madelyne’s. It doesn’t excuse Jean’s actions, but that doesn’t mean Jean comes off the bad guy.

And what are you talking about with Rogue? Gambit literally states they will only be friends before the Gala even started and Rogue admitted to him that their relationship was only physical and would never be more. You can at best say what Rogue did was cold and screwed up to not take her supposed friend’s feelings into account, but she was in no way cheating.

I get why you’re offended for Gambit at least, but I have no clue what is up with calling Jean out on being equally as bad when what she did was nowhere near as wrong. She didn’t even get a chance to talk to Cyclops about what happened between her and Wolverine to make amends because of what she found out.
    The issue with Jean is she shows no self awareness. She just got done kissing Wolverine because she ia confused yet she makes no allowance to Cyke for the fact he is confused as well. He literally was in a relationahip with Maddy and had a child with her and Jean is acting like she is the only one affected by all of this.

As for Rogue, she literally hooked up with Mags like 2 seconds after breaking up with Gambit in front of the whole world. That is beyond screwed up. When she is holding him at the end, I wanted someone to walk up and drag her away as she doesnt deserve hugging up on Gambit after that betrayal.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    So excited to see Cable. And I’m a genosha episode like season 1 I shoulda know. Mad I had the subtitles on because it had his name with his first line before he was shown so slightly spoiled right before….
    Yeah, after this episode I’ve got a fever… and the only prescription is more Cable! Ha.

Minor nitpick, though: His eyes are blue in the comics. Not brown. But for some reason they were colored brown in the old show, so I guess they stuck with that rather than correct here for comic accuracy. No biggie.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”