Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Meanwhile Marrow, who was one of the survivors of the massacre, in current canon thanks to him, was seemingly vaporized here.

You gain some, you lose some.
    Yeah honestly didnt notice first time around.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Remember Pulse in Blood of Apocalypse?
    Yeah not to mention she has tried to sleep with Remy on several occassions most recently disguising herself as twins to do so during Astonishing X-Men.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That is only the second time actually. She did again in a much, much older comic. Lmao!
    Is that an anthology issue where she gets her to seduce a security guard or is this another instance? Don't tell me she tried to set her up with Carl Creel

I loved the episode, though I heavily lament all the character moments that is lost for Emma Frost because of these choices Beau made. I swear to god if they don’t give Emma her Diamond form and trauma from losing mutant children to the Genoshan massacre, I am gonna be livid.

I loved the episode, though I heavily lament all the character moments that is lost for Emma Frost because of these choices Beau made. I swear to god if they don’t give Emma her Diamond form and trauma from losing mutant children to the Genoshan massacre, I am gonna be livid.
    It doesn't even look like she cares about the children here. But if they go down the John Sublime route harvesting her eggs while she's in a coma that will be the absolute worse case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im lowkey shocked that some of you are acting like we dont get attracted to people that are 5-10 years older than us.

But Ill drop it. I dont get some of you.

Like even in real life young girls and men that range from 19-24 are attacted to people 10 yrs older than them.
    Yeah the Mags and Rogue age thing is just silly to me. There is no indication that Rogue was not of legal age and we are talking a universe where Wolverine is like 50+ years older than most of the women he dates.

Is that an anthology issue where she gets her to seduce a security guard or is this another instance? Don't tell me she tried to set her up with Carl Creel
    Nah. She went with an android dude. Marvel Super-Heroes vol 2 #2,

Nah. She went with an android dude. Marvel Super-Heroes vol 2 #2,

Oh wow maybe Val is Mystique

10char

It doesn't even look like she cares about the children here. But if they go down the John Sublime route harvesting her eggs while she's in a coma that will be the absolute worse case scenario.
    I will easily make that sacrifice if it gets us the Stepford Cuckoos. Or Sinister even. He already gave a newborn baby a deadly virus that separated him from his parents for his entire lifetime.

We will just go with the hand-wavy “they took my genetics without my permission” thingy without explicitly stating what they were taking from Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The issue with Jean is she shows no self awareness. She just got done kissing Wolverine because she ia confused yet she makes no allowance to Cyke for the fact he is confused as well. He literally was in a relationahip with Maddy and had a child with her and Jean is acting like she is the only one affected by all of this.

As for Rogue, she literally hooked up with Mags like 2 seconds after breaking up with Gambit in front of the whole world. That is beyond screwed up. When she is holding him at the end, I wanted someone to walk up and drag her away as she doesnt deserve hugging up on Gambit after that betrayal.
    Jean has every right to be pissed at Cyke IMO. The dude claims to love her so much and is being distant with her. You'd think after her ordeal and her not knowing which memories are actually hers he'd be more comforting. He's hurting over his son, but so is Jean since she and Maddie have shared memories of what happened. Cyke gotta man up... put some icy hot on or somethin'...

I will easily make that sacrifice if it gets us the Stepford Cuckoos. Or Sinister even. He already gave a newborn baby a deadly virus that separated him from his parents for his entire lifetime.

We will just go with the hand-wavy “they took my genetics without my permission” thingy without explicitly stating what they were taking from Emma.
    Then Cable has to come back from the future to stop Bishop from killing a baby who may or may not be responsible for the destruction of Genosha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Jean has every right to be pissed at Cyke IMO. The dude claims to love her so much and is being distant with her. You'd think after her ordeal and her not knowing which memories are actually hers he'd be more comforting. He's hurting over his son, but so is Jean since she and Maddie have shared memories of what happened. Cyke gotta man up... put some icy hot on or somethin'...
    Having memories and experiencing something are two different things. She wasnt around for hte past 9 months. One minute he is happily married and the next he loses his wife. Regardless of how things went down, Maddie was his wife and whom he share a child with and both are gone. I empathize more with him. Scott isnt claiming to love Jean so much. He acknowledges that he loves her but also there is a confusion there bc he's been in love with someone who he thought he was her. Its complicated and unfortunately she is coming in as a brand new person in his life that he has to relearn. This episode highlighted that they shoudlnt be together right now. They both need therapy and unfortunately there is no one around equipped to help them nor do i see them seeking it out. I qustion why this show would even try to tackle this when it dosnt have the space to do it justice. This is a very complicated plotline for how fast this series is going

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Scott was Jean's Rock. As she said, her love for him is what kept her going through the insanity. Now all of a sudden she can't depend on him anymore and its devastating. (Scott should have kept his trap shut with his feeble memory vs feelings defense. Really stupid attempt at a comeback)

As for Cyclops, so what if Maddie is a clone? That little guy she and Scott created was as real as it gets. As a new father myself, I can't imagine having to let go of my baby boy like that.

Bottom Line: None of them are bad people. They're trying to sort out some crazy situations. Both of them (Scott especially) needs some much needed space to process all of this.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-10-2024 at 11:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah honestly didnt notice first time around.
    Well random deaths are the name of the game, not only for this episode but such moments in general (often in stories where these events are getting reversed), so it both happening so suddently and being easy to overlook is rather par for the course.

What's odd is why he would be flying her around to beginn with though?

He was established to the general viewership of TAS and had a scene earlier in the episode. But she should be mostly unknown to the viewers and only had a 4 second appearance earlier when Cable showed up.

It would have made more sense if it was him and Moira for full shock effect of having two characters previously shown and established back in the original show get killed so violently and abruptly.

the best episode so far. They've taken a lot of ideas from all the runs and made something new. I like that because we know what happens in the comics they can still surprise us with something new.

I'm heartbroken. That last scene was devastating. Great job by Lenore.

And about Magneto and Rogue in the past. It looked very creepy. I know that wasn't the intention. But just because he can touch her doesn't mean he should touch her being her mentor. She could have a big crush on him, but he should be more mature to turn her down.