Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Then Cable has to come back from the future to stop Bishop from killing a baby who may or may not be responsible for the destruction of Genosha.
    You say that like it’s a cost. I love daddy’s little girl who sleeps with her comfort gun at night when she misses him. Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Did anybody else notice The Watcher in the sky?
    Did not notice until 2nd watch.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Incredible Member

Beau DeMayo confirms that Madelyne Pryor died in the attack on Genosha.

https://twitter.com/HelenChosenone/s...11653701583223

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

Rip queen. I hoped she'd survive since in the early promos there was a shot of a Jean Grey with her hair down going blue

Shaw, Callisto, Banshee, Moira, Maddie. Plus God knows who else made a cameo. Exodus being there and doing nothing is a it of a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

WTF?!? Considering how big her plotline was this episode, I feel like thats something that should have been more clear. It definitely didnt even feel like her story was over and its lame to kill her off like this pretty much off panel. Like did we see her die and I missed it?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Rip queen. I hoped she'd survive since in the early promos there was a shot of a Jean Grey with her hair down going blue
    This whole nonsense that Maddie = hair down and Jean = ponytail needs to end. Women change up their hairstyles all the time and we’ve seen Jean with her hair down before.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF?!? Considering how big her plotline was this episode, I feel like thats something that should have been more clear. It definitely didnt even feel like her story was over and its lame to kill her off like this pretty much off panel. Like did we see her die and I missed it?
    It's when Cable tried to grab her. We see all those green blasts hit where she stepped outside to. So it was off screen but kind of implied that what was happening.

Such a heartbreaking episode. I still can’t believe everything that happened. I’m inclined to think Cable will somehow undo the attack.
    But if they really are sticking with all the deaths, this series has more balls than I imagined.
    I wish they’d given Dazzler some lines, though. Some of the casualties felt like a waste of good characters.
    Hoping we see Emma in her diamond form now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    It's when Cable tried to grab her. We see all those green blasts hit where she stepped outside to. So it was off screen but kind of implied that what was happening.
    Thanks. Oh god. More angst for Scott and Jean. As i their issues werent bad enough. Now he has to deal with Maddie's death hours after Jean blasted him from being in contact with her

Thanks. Oh god. More angst for Scott and Jean. As i their issues werent bad enough. Now he has to deal with Maddie's death hours after Jean blasted him from being in contact with her
    She blasted him? Thought she just got a headache? Oh wait sorry you mean "was angry" with him.

Listen... my sentiments remain that this episode was an amazing episode of television in general. I really felt it, and don't want to detract from how it hit me.

However... some people here are definitely being rude to fans upset about the source material not being represented better.

Two people survived Genosha, which is the story they are pulling back out to make a ton of money on for TV. This story's IP belongs to the White Queen and to Polaris, the -only- survivors of Genosha. (I will admit, it is technically 3, with Magneto having been retconned as a survivor, having been ushered to some protective shelter so he wasn't bearing witness, yet still managed to create the electromagnetic black-box to capture the essences of the dying which later drove Polaris into madness - none of which he remembers).

In the comics, the dynamics leading up to Genosha's destruction were quite rich for Magneto (obviously), and for Polaris. Polaris went to Magneto to be his student, though there were hints left, right, and center about their blood relation, specifically throughout Dark Seduction (go ahead and look it up). Polaris was part of the Genoshan cabinet during this time and after, and was secretly leading the entire nation while Magneto healed from injuries sustained from Wolverine severing his spine. Polaris lead the nation until the end of Dark Seduction, and after recognizing Magneto's assault on Carrion Cove as domestic terrorism, turned on him. After, she held a crucial, dangerous role running a mutant underground railroad out of Genosha while protecting the sick and dying from war. This is what led to the Genoshan Genocide. While everyone focuses on what happened after, with Polaris shown after Genocide in a state of madness, then her parentage reveal... Polaris' history on Genosha started well before genocide, and was far more important than many fans want to recognize.

So while the episode was great, I think it's really sad that some of you are so rude to some fans who are upset that the source material was changed so dramatically, which is largely what makes certain characters "favorite" characters.

If you take the Archangel story from the comics and give it to Pixie in the show, how should fans of Angel feel? If you take the Phoenix story from Jean and give it to Sage in a show, how should Jean fans feel?
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 04-10-2024 at 06:38 PM.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

BANNED

I felt like they made it pretty clear, we see her outside when blast started and the last shot they show of her, Madelyne's face is lit up green, and then immediately after we see that light is an attack from a Sentinel.

I was expecting to be posting cameo pics and witty dialogue but I'm a bit of a wreck after this episode. It was minorly spoiled for me online but I didn't realize they'd go this hard. I'm glad they did.

Highlights...
    When the Watcher is sadly watching, you know **** is about to go down.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-10-20h54m04s365.jpg
    The minute I saw Squid Boy, I knew there was going to be murder.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-10-21h01m26s081.jpg
    Such an epic shot, such an epic line.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-10-21h02m38s056.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'