Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

We were just missing a scene with Foxx

Quote Originally Posted by Beau DeMayo
    My plan was the first half of the season is the OG audiences pre-9/11 days, rife with nostalgia and comfort. Then 9/11 — like Tulsa and other mass tragedies — turned the world upside down and reminded us the whole world unsafe…
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...00836452626432

Fantastic Member

When Gambit knocks rogue with the changed bike! Great scene

That was actually Morrisons concept for why he wrote what he wrote but there's a lot happening in the here and now which is more relevant to E is for Extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What really surprised me is how much this episode made me appreciate Gambit. He was so fucking mature throughout this whole Rogneto thing. When he felt jealous, he still didn't put any pressure on her, didn't act like a jerk towards Magneto, just took the whole thing in stride. And when he thought he lost her, he vowed to stay her friend. I mean, wow. That was a healthy display of unthreatened masculinity. I want to be like that. He was really cool.
    Gambit was portrayed incredibly well in this episode. The ending just broke my heart.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

As an X-Men reader of 36 years, I actually cried at the end. I was feeling the soap opera elements of the first half and really enjoying all the deep cuts in the episode. Like everyone has been posted, Beau DeMayo knows the source material and knew we were going to eat good with this episode. This episode works so well because the heavy parts were able to be pulled off mid-season. Where will we be taken next?
    For me, this is peak Marvel and brings back the weekly excitement of WandaVision.
    Mutant and Proud!

I never would have imagined our intro to Exodus would be part of two dance acts. I giggled. I already said my thoughts in the main thread. I hope Lifedeath Pt.2 hits just as hard as this one did.

The fireworks in the background.

NO ONE NOTICING the explosions in the back.

Gahd damn this was done so well.

"Sorry for what"

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That was actually Morrisons concept for why he wrote what he wrote but there's a lot happening in the here and now which is more relevant to E is for Extinction.
    E for Extinction came out before 9/11. I read the second issue in Midtown Comics, July 2001.

People have been speculating that Morrison is a pre-cog from his Invisibles days.

This Game of Thrones episode was crazy this week. Sorry I meant...X-Men...
    I just haven't felt this much emotions since Game of Thrones. Scott and Jean/Maddie was messy. Gambit taking one for the team and letting Rogue go. The ending with Gambit dying, had me crying for MY Cajun.

Au revoir doux prince
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Man this episode was great I noticed the runtime was longer as well. I doubt Magento is dead cause they didn’t show a body I wonder who set up that Sentiel though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Gambit was portrayed incredibly well in this episode. The ending just broke my heart.
    Right? He's such a king. Charming, brave, funny and was respecting Rogue's moments even if it hurt him deeply.

Plus shout out to the action scenes in this cartoon. They are just so dynamic, inventive, thrilling. Gambit on a Bike charging on the Sentinels right next to Rogue flyiing was so epic. They belong together.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Man this episode was great I noticed the runtime was longer as well. I doubt Magento is dead cause they didn’t show a body I wonder who set up that Sentiel though
    Given the green light it's probably Sinister or Madeylne from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    the best of the series so far, I must admit
    Agreed. I was like “holy f@#$ing $#!t” five times during the E is for Extinction scene… especially when Cable suddenly rushes in from out of f’ing nowhere! Mind. Blown. Wow.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I dont know what the hell they are thinking with Jean but she did not look good here and im disappointed since Demayo is allegedly a fan of hers. He made her and Rogue look very bad. Two women cheating and disrespecting their partners in one episode. Rogue had some nerve to do that mess in public in front of Remy and Jean was a big hypocrite. Yikes!
    "You never wanted to make things official. I respected that."--Remy
    I'm so sick of seeing people use this argument against her, ESPECIALLY AFTER THIS EPISODE, where it's made clear that she and Remy weren't official, that she and Erik weren't in a relationship after their brief affair--the one that transpired out him taking advantage of her when she was younger. Y'all need to stop that BS.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds