Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Jean has every right to be pissed at Cyke IMO. The dude claims to love her so much and is being distant with her. You'd think after her ordeal and her not knowing which memories are actually hers he'd be more comforting. He's hurting over his son, but so is Jean since she and Maddie have shared memories of what happened. Cyke gotta man up... put some icy hot on or somethin'...
    The issue is he loves the mother of his child as well ie Maddy. Jean doesnt know what memories are hers but Cyke doesnt know what memories are him and Jean vs him and Maddy. So they have the exact same issue.

As for him being distant and the like that is fair game but not what I was referring to. I am referring strictly to her getting on Scott for struggling with the same thing she is.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-10-2024 at 11:24 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I hate to say this, cause she was so good in the original, but I wish they had replaced Rogue's voice actress. I wanted to give her time, but 5 episodes in and now I feel comfortable in saying I just don't think she has recaptured the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I hate to say this, cause she was so good in the original, but I wish they had replaced Rogue's voice actress. I wanted to give her time, but 5 episodes in and now I feel comfortable in saying I just don't think she has recaptured the magic.
    She was spotty at first, but she redeemed it with five words:

"Sugah... I can't feel you..."

You don't have a soul if that didn't stir the feels within you.

Remember it is 9.8 on IMDB and is the highest rated episode so far.
    A well deserved masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Jean has every right to be pissed at Cyke IMO. The dude claims to love her so much and is being distant with her. You'd think after her ordeal and her not knowing which memories are actually hers he'd be more comforting. He's hurting over his son, but so is Jean since she and Maddie have shared memories of what happened. Cyke gotta man up... put some icy hot on or somethin'...

Agreed. Nobody is harder on Jean than Jean fans themselves I've noticed. She was entirely in the right.

Fantastic Member

I disagree. They both have huge issues and need couple's therapy immediately, because neither of them are in the position to take the lead in helping the other heal.

That Jean/Scott situation is very murky.

But you can't kiss Logan one minute and then chastise your husband when the poor guy is just as confused as you over a clone of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I disagree. They both have huge issues and need couple's therapy immediately, because neither of them are in the position to take the lead in helping the other heal.
    Scott refuses to reach out to Jean. She's willing to confront the issues but anytime she does, he closes himself off from her. And now she realizes he's in fact still in contact with Maddie and willing to talk to her in a way he won't with Jean.

If Logan knew what was good for the team, he'd go right back to Jean and plant one on her. Like in the Renew Your Vows universe where they're happily leading the X-Men together with their daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    She was spotty at first, but she redeemed it with five words:

"Sugah... I can't feel you..."

You don't have a soul if that didn't stir the feels within you.
    That line hit me hard.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Scott refuses to reach out to Jean. She's willing to confront the issues but anytime she does, he closes himself off from her. And now she realizes he's in fact still in contact with Maddie and willing to talk to her in a way he won't with Jean.

If Logan knew what was good for the team, he'd go right back to Jean and plant one on her. Like in the Renew Your Vows universe where they're happily leading the X-Men together with their daughter.
    Like I said neither of them should be taking the lead in this situation, they need a professional therapist. I understand both of them are screwing up but that's because it's a screwed up situation. What we have here is a car wreck created by Sinister: Jean is the victim that was hit, while Scott was the unwitting passenger in Sinister's car that was flung through the windshield. You wouldn't expect either of those two to get up and start treatment on the other, would you?

Ha. I would applaud that personally.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I’m with the other poster. Jean is in no position to help them deal with their issues. She is just as confused and messed up as him, maybe worse depending on how you look at it

Mighty Member

This episode was AMAZING.

I'm not going to lie, I laughed out loud during the Jean/Maddie/Scott scene. It was SO messy...understandable but messy.

Cable reuniting with Maddie broke my heart, I really hope she survived. The fireworks going off masked the explosions going on around until it was too late.

Gambit was the breakout in this episode, he was very mature regarding his love life, and very valiant saving the country... Man... I really enjoyed him here.

This episode definitely is going to make the wait for next week a long one. This was something I was expecting on the latter half of the season.

Is it significant that they had Gambit save the Morlocks this episode
    I forget is he still responsible for the Morlock Massacre or not
    Poor Marrow died so I think this episode was about subverting a lot of the history in the comics

I mean has Gambit ever had a major sacrifice like this in the mainline continuity. although I think Rogue cradling his body is meant to evoke the death of superman I'm sure there is a panel like this in marvel somewhere

so like wtf did Beau do to get fired because they HAVE to be noticing all the praise ESPECIALLY with this episode.

Is there sabotage? Did someone want to be the main cook in the kitchen? Did someone want to take credit for others work?

Im so bewildered becuase if these first 5 episode were all Beau. They really are fucked for seaons 2 and 3.