Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Cassandra Nova was the whole reason the Genosha massacre happened. She’s more integral to it than Polaris. If anything she should be the star!! #justiceforCassie
    Yes, I’m thinking Cassandra Nova may show up this season… as the big, BIG bad behind Bastion and OZT. That would also potentially tie-in to Deadpool & Wolverine, since she’s also appearing in that… hmm…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes, I’m thinking Cassandra Nova may show up this season… as the big, BIG bad behind Bastion and OZT. That would also potentially tie-in to Deadpool & Wolverine, since she’s also appearing in that… hmm…
    They haven't done Onslaught.

The Red Dragon

This sounds good. Cassandra Nova is such a fun villain.

Extraordinary Member

Oh man.
    She’ll probably come out looking like Xavier to shock everyone until she reveals who she really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Cassandra Nova was the whole reason the Genosha massacre happened. She’s more integral to it than Polaris. If anything she should be the star!! #justiceforCassie
    Actually, the only reason the wild Sentinel was sent to Genosha was because of that dentist relative of Trask. #justiceforDentistTrask
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Appreciate the response, but agree to disagree that there is no source material. This episode was pulled and adapted directly from source material. Again, IT'S A GOOD EPISODE, I'm NOT saying it's bad. I'm merely saying, have some understanding why other fans feel a little upset. And instead of hating on them, if you just ignore and move on and continue celebrating. That's it.
    If you accept the concept of a multi-verse then the point is Genosha would not happen the exact same way in every universe.

I would 100% agree with you if the show was meant to adapt the events in the 616. It was not. Marvel came out early on and said the TV Show universe is not the 616 universe.

So again this would be like complaining because Marvel announced a new comic set in a new universe where Magneto leads the X-men because Xavier died and Apocalypse ruled the world. They dont have to respect what happened in 616 because the comic is not set in 616. In fact the whole point of having it in a different universe is so that changes can be made. If you want to enjoy the story with no changes then you should read the 616 comics.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Seeing so many misogynistic comments all over the internet re: Jean and especially Rogue. I keep forgetting how sexist the comics community is.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 04-11-2024 at 08:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

You know everything’s nuts when Jubilee/Sunspot have the most stable relationship on the show.

On the one hand, I love how quickly the series is moving -- and I especially love all the nods to Morrison's NXM storylines. I know people have gotten tired of him in the comics, but I was audibly excited to see Little Kid Glob Herman show up!

On the other hand, this particular episode did drag a little for me because it felt like just one drama-filled conversation after another -- literally -- until the very end when we finally got some action. I know drama amongst the characters is a hallmark of X-Men stories, but 20 minutes of conversations and 5 minutes of action isn't exactly the ratio I would prefer.

Still, this series is providing me with a lot of joy every Wednesday night.

EDIT: Also loved seeing Cable pop up. As a kid, the time-travel shenanigans of Bishop and Cable were always supremely interesting to me.

-Pav, who also has new episodes of Taskmaster on Thursday to provide even more joy...
    Last edited by Pav; 04-11-2024 at 08:26 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Seeing so many misogynistic comments all over the internet re: Jean and especially Rogue. I keep forgetting how sexist the comics community is.
    For real. It's pretty annoying and why I dislike love triangles. It almost always looks worse for the women in the situation.

I think the writers did a alright job making everyone balanced, but took it out some nuance with the triangles that makes it less... messy for the girls. Gambit isn't celibate / a monk when Rogue and he are not together as shown in his solo series, understandably. as well as one time perhaps when they were together and he cheated Meanwhile with Jean, the Madelyne situation looked a whole lot worse for Scott in the comics.

For me, the action is made all the more interesting because we are emotionally invested in the characters(and their drama). So, the talking isn't just talking for talking's sake. It informs their actions and heightens the response to the consequences of their actions.

I've been watching Invincible, and compared to that show, this one is heads and shoulders better, largely because while Invincible has a TON of action, we know almost nothing about most of the characters, so the action just doesn't land as well(despite being far more graphic in nature).

Beau has created a modern masterpiece. No wonder they fired him at Disney. He's made ALL the other writers/showrunners look like imbeciles.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    For me, the action is made all the more interesting because we are emotionally invested in the characters(and their drama). So, the talking isn't just talking for talking's sake. It informs their actions and heightens the response to the consequences of their actions.
    Oh, I get that. Actually, earlier this week I had a conversation with my 7th graders about our current read, Bird Box. We were thinking about why we care so much about characters that we know are probably going to die at some point, and we concluded that WE care about the characters because THEY care about each other. And we especially care about those characters for whom Malorie, the protagonist, most cares. So I definitely understand the need for the drama; I just wish we got a LITTLE more action than we did. That's all.

-Pav, who wonders if Xorn will show up at any point...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I feel like navigating the whole Scott/Jean/Maddie thing is even messier with the baby and the marriage certificate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now I'm just imagining Maddie's death is going to make things even worse between Scott and Jean (especially Scott). It's been downhill for Scott since the end of episode 2.

Also I'm usually pro-ponytail but something about Jean in one just feels wrong.

Missed this.

I'm glad he clarified and Rogue wasn't so young in the affair after all, but it does have that light regardless of that context. There's a reason why this person asked this question after all. I like Magneto, but wish they had handled this reveal better.