Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yes. Right as/after Cable gets pulled back through time, she gets swallowed by one of the green lasers of death. Her face even gets the "disintegration" effect around the edges common to cartoons when somebody gets completely annihilated by a beam attack.

Maddie is unquestionably killed in that scene. At least until they go back and explain that nobody is dead (except Gambit), because it was a teleporter beam or something. But how likely does that feel?

Honestly, the only "maybe" death that isn't likely to stick is Magneto's, imo. The way the showed that sequence makes it very clear we never saw a body.
    Not only that, the Sentinel was attacking the Omega it detected... And Magneto was with Leech.

lol Including that Ace of Base track was awesome.

Incredible Member

Moira is also dead according to Beau DeMayo.

https://twitter.com/pouquindemuito/s...14430665924905

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

https://twitter.com/pouquindemuito/s...14430665924905
    Yes, "Moira" is dead. Most definitely not a Shi'ar Golem disguised as her, as the show will reveal in season 47.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I really think the Magneto we got was Really Joseph and I am betting Money Gambits return will involve Mister Sinster.

I can totally see this going to a New Sun arch/episode with Gambit. It like the Showrunners are trying to hit all the characters Major and/or most interesting story points.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF?!? Considering how big her plotline was this episode, I feel like thats something that should have been more clear. It definitely didnt even feel like her story was over and its lame to kill her off like this pretty much off panel. Like did we see her die and I missed it?
    Feels like she either dramatically comes back from the dead later or it's another point for the idea that the whole thing will get reversed.

Especially since Cable's line implies he has been working on it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's laser beams and then there's laser beams. There were smaller wild Sentinels too in EoE that went around killing people
    Also not everyone is affected by "laser beams" the same way.

When a randoms and backround fillers gets hit by a yellow energy beam from the regular Sentinels it's vaporization, when a named character gets hit, they get singed and it's a coin toss what ever they are dead or merely heavily injured.

Likewise point blank impact of green mega beams? Main characters are roughed up, randoms/fillers get killed by the blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Would have made more sense to have her be the woman Banshee was flying with, given that the viewer was only a few minutes earlier reintroduced to the both of them.

Making the effect akin to seeing a helicopter with the presidental staff, that was presented as if they were important for the rest of the movie/show/book, get hit by an alien death ray during the initial attack on the white house.

Instead we now have Moira dying off screen and Banshee got killed carrying some random mutant that only appeared for 2 seconds earlier in the backround the casual viewer would have no clue about (unless they had been eagle eyed enough to notice that she was apparently declared missing for a while), unlike Pixie and co. who had a notable backround appearance to make the viewer care about them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I really think the Magneto we got was Really Joseph and I am betting Money Gambits return will involve Mister Sinster.

I can totally see this going to a New Sun arch/episode with Gambit. It like the Showrunners are trying to hit all the characters Major and/or most interesting story points.
    Cable being included means that this episode will be erased by Cable jumping further in time back to stop the attack. It was a great episode but it’s going to be erased. Classic story telling device.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

He has too many wrinkles to be Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    Cable being included means that this episode will be erased by Cable jumping further in time back to stop the attack. It was a great episode but it’s going to be erased. Classic story telling device.
    I almost forgot about Cable in this episode. Could be.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He has too many wrinkles to be Joseph.
    If the Magneto we have isn't Joseph...I think he is coming. We didn't see Mags body in the end. I could be wrong...but I just feel that Joseph is for sure something this creative team would do.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Besides the twelve saga, have we ever seen Cable and Maddie interact alot afterwards? I cant remember.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Y'all must have forgotten the episode from the OG TAS that ended with Apocalypse destroying ALL the X-Men when they tried to stop his Legacy Virus. There's no way they are going to actually leave this timeline as it is. Cable and/or Bishop and time travel will definitely be involved going forward, and they will probably undo this particular scenario. But we will always 'remember it'.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The talk about Marvel wanting to bring other shows from the 90s in might mean HoM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I understand this. However, you're missing my points.

1: Don't be rude to fans whose favorite characters are not only responsible for the source material impact of the Genoshan Genocide, but their very identities are connected to the story...

2: If you give Phoenix to someone not Jean, or Archangel to someone not Warren, or Lifedeath to someone not Ororo, or DoFP to someone not Kitty (like, say, Wolverine in the movie that Kitty fans still complain about)... how are fans of the source material expected to feel? Why are Emma and Lorna fans supposed to just be fine with it? Emma's and Lorna's current IPs exist because of Genosha, and their modern fanbases were largely developed as a response their roles in the story.
    1. I havent read the whole thread so maybe some peoplw were being rude. However I wonder if what you see as rudeness is more so indifference. Some of us dont care as much as you do about this ao we arent as uoset about it as you.

2. I think the disconnect here is this is not an adaption of the 616 so there is no source material. It would be like saying Age of Apocalypse didnt respect the source material because it had Rogue chosing Mags over Gambit. The reality is it was a different universe so Marvel is free to make whatever changes they want. The same is true here. You dont have to be happy about it but they arent disrespecting the source material because this was never intended to be 616 in animated form.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-11-2024 at 06:25 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Here’s a summary how they set it up in the XMen 92 mini where Jubilee became the Moira…

In the world of X-Men '92: House of XCII, the Krakoa has a similar set up for the Five -- but it this world, it's Proteus who creates the egg entirely on his own, without Egg's help. Tempo fills the same role as Temus, and Healer replaces Exlir. Fabian Cortez's ability to amplify other mutant powers replaces Hope's adaptability. With a fifth slot open due to Proteus' enhanced importance in this world, Karma becomes the fifth member of the group -- using her powers to directly mind-swap the backups from Cerebro into the new bodies.
    If you're gonna do something like that.... use characters we actually saw.
    Proteus? check! He was in 4.4.
    Tempo? comic tie in only.... but do we need that if Proteus is actually just building a body from scratch?
    Healer.... hmm... one could just go with the idea that he's one of the Morlocks we didn't get a good look at. Or use Darrell Tanaka. He was one of the guys at Skull Mesa in 4.15. Not in any comic book as far as I know.
    Fabian Cortez I thought Magneto killed him?
    Karma, enh.. technically she was in the show... as a brief cameo.

Hmmm.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Eh, he was with Maddie, married her and had a child with her. He doesn't even know how much of his relationship with Jean was actually Maddie. It's a very weird, confusing situation. Maddie was his wife and with him for who knows how long and is someone he can share in his grief with.

Like, yeah, he shouldn't be doing that, but I think it's pretty forgivable under the circumstances.
    Yeah, Scott married who he thought was Jean... who thought SHE was Jean! Neither Scott or Maddie is at fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People using the word affair to describe Scott and Maddie but is it? Thats his wife and mother of his child. The show has been very vague about defining Scott and Jean but what we do know is that they've barely been speaking so are they even together? Maddie decided to bow out and not make things complicated but she did strike out alone. I dont think there is anything wrong with Scott checking in on her. This is more than he did or her in the books. And if he finds it easier to talk to her then yeah of course. Thats the woman who he's been with and loved for at least almost the past year and the switcheroo reveal doesnt negate that. He cant jus pick up and move forward with Jean swapping Maddie out for her bc he doesnt know where his time with her began and end. In the short term and now, it doesnt matter bc he knows for a fact that his recent time wasnt with her
    Which is why in Spider-Man:TAS Hydro!MJ died almost immediately. To Pete both were "real". He can't dump her just for being a clone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I understand this. However, you're missing my points.

1: Don't be rude to fans whose favorite characters are not only responsible for the source material impact of the Genoshan Genocide, but their very identities are connected to the story...

2: If you give Phoenix to someone not Jean, or Archangel to someone not Warren, or Lifedeath to someone not Ororo, or DoFP to someone not Kitty (like, say, Wolverine in the movie that Kitty fans still complain about)... how are fans of the source material expected to feel? Why are Emma and Lorna fans supposed to just be fine with it? Emma's and Lorna's current IPs exist because of Genosha, and their modern fanbases were largely developed as a response their roles in the story.
    I got news for you. This has been going on since the original 90s cartoon, like when Bishop replaced Rachel in Days of Future Past. Or Jubilee replacing Kitty Pryde in the fairy tale episode.

The main cast chosen for the original cartoon have priority.