Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, sometimes cameos/Easter Eggs and background stuff does make a difference. Like I think it was a mistake to show Exodus in Genosha if they weren't going to let him matter in the battle at all. Or people speculating that Bobby was the guy making ice cream in the opening Genosha scene.

If you include specific background characters BECAUSE you expect the nod to mean something to ppl, based on their familiarity with the character in prior episodes like Bobby's TAS appearance or knowledge of Exodus as an omega in the comics, then you open the door for people to be like.....okay so why have them there if they're not going to matter in contexts in which they very much SHOULD matter.

BUT all that said, I think that particular line of discussion is mostly just relevant to including characters in the background whose established presence in a story location SHOULD make a difference or matter more than the story allowed for. Not so much in terms of 'these characters from this endless list of potential cameos should have been present' - because we certainly all have those thoughts, but subjectivity and the sheer volume of potential characters who COULD be relevant cameos in any given scene is like, not a particularly productive conversation since there's no real endpoint to it.
    So...you're saying the fact that Amelia Voght wasn't shown getting blasted by a Sentinel doesn't necessarily make the series trash and Disney should burn it in a fire?

I mean, sometimes cameos/Easter Eggs and background stuff does make a difference. Like I think it was a mistake to show Exodus in Genosha if they weren't going to let him matter in the battle at all. Or people speculating that Bobby was the guy making ice cream in the opening Genosha scene.

If you include specific background characters BECAUSE you expect the nod to mean something to ppl, based on their familiarity with the character in prior episodes like Bobby's TAS appearance or knowledge of Exodus as an omega in the comics, then you open the door for people to be like.....okay so why have them there if they're not going to matter in contexts in which they very much SHOULD matter.

BUT all that said, I think that particular line of discussion is mostly just relevant to including characters in the background whose established presence in a story location SHOULD make a difference or matter more than the story allowed for. Not so much in terms of 'these characters from this endless list of potential cameos should have been present' - because we certainly all have those thoughts, but subjectivity and the sheer volume of potential characters who COULD be relevant cameos in any given scene is like, not a particularly productive conversation since there's no real endpoint to it.
    Yeah, Exodus and Magento tag teaming that big sentinel.... logically that might have even been enough to turn the tide of battle given how well Magneto was able to hold it off.

My point was that this doesn't FEEL like a continuation of season 5 of TAS. Gargouille and Exodus, sure, they were Acolytes... they weren't around in TAS. The only people we see from Genosha from TAS.... are Morlocks.... most of the rest are literally NAMELESS faces. It makes Genosha feel like a completely alien place when the people who worked to make it what it is... aren't here. Sure I've seen several.... weak sauce but technically valid excuses to not have them. Doesn't change the end result. It's not the same place we saw previously and doesn't have the same people. And yes, logically it DOES make sense for Rogue and Gambit to meet up with people on Genosha they'd met before... I mean... other than Magneto that is... since they did meet him. Especially someone like Voght... Unless the story is that Voght isn't part of Genosha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So...you're saying the fact that Amelia Voght wasn't shown getting blasted by a Sentinel doesn't necessarily make the series trash and Disney should burn it in a fire?
    Hmmm I'm curious about why you feel that way. I haven't seen anyone else who does feel that way.

Exodus honestly did feel pretty random for the kind of character he is.

Man. The Cardinal rule of Something showing up to ruin Scott Summers/The X-men's day really is powerful.

Also apparently the Watcher was watching. If that was him, then that may spell bad news for using time travel to reverse this.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm I'm curious about why you feel that way. I haven't seen anyone else who does feel that way.
    Well, it's certainly not because some people have complained about the lack of certain background characters for pages now, I can tell ya that!

wink.jpg

Amelia is such an integral, important character to the original TAS that it makes her easy to get confused with Moira McTaggert!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6782585

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Exodus honestly did feel pretty random for the kind of character he is.
    Honestly, the whole show is trash because Beau de Mayo appeared and almost got blasted by a Sentinel. The cross-over between real life and fiction is absurd and there's no way Beau could be on Genosha because it doesn't really exist.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 04-14-2024 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Honestly, the whole show is trash because Beau de Mayo appeared and almost got blasted by a Sentinel. The cross-over between real life and fiction is absurd and there's no way Beau could be on Genosha because it doesn't really exist.
    This is an alternate reality Beau. Enter the Beauverse.

I'm surprised by the number of people upset that background characters were or weren't there. I would have expected more talk about people that actually had roles in episodes died.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This is an alternate reality Beau. Enter the Beauverse.

I'm surprised by the number of people upset that background characters were or weren't there. I would have expected more talk about people that actually had roles in episodes died.
    Given what this episode is borrowing from in the comics? The only surprise was WHO got killed. They HAD to kill SOMEONE. Honestly it wasn't even setup in a way where there were many options on who to kill. That's part of my gripe about Genosha feeling empty. There's surprisingly few people you see get killed in an adaptation of a comic book story that killed MILLIONS of Mutants. This iteration didn't even setup Genosha to have much else to care about other than the main characters. Which is what I foudn so weird.... millions of Mutants.... tiny handful of named characters is all we actually see? We don't even see large numbers of nameless chumps.

The Red Dragon

Given what this episode is borrowing from in the comics? The only surprise was WHO got killed. They HAD to kill SOMEONE. Honestly it wasn't even setup in a way where there were many options on who to kill. That's part of my gripe about Genosha feeling empty. There's surprisingly few people you see get killed in an adaptation of a comic book story that killed MILLIONS of Mutants. This iteration didn't even setup Genosha to have much else to care about other than the main characters. Which is what I foudn so weird.... millions of Mutants.... tiny handful of named characters is all we actually see? We don't even see large numbers of nameless chumps.
    Killing mutants is bad regardless of whether it was a one, ten, a hundred or a million. You don’t need to see a milion people get killed…the sentinel was towering over the entire island. And given the damage it did, do you really need to see every single death to know a ton of people died?

And it’s an adaptation…it’s not going to be a one for one on everything.

People are so nitpicky over the most trivial of things.

It's honestly surprising to see so many people disagreeing with one of the, probably few, best episodes in X97, just watching all those reactions across the internet: YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and even TikTok, people crying over the end of the episode should speak plenty for the people here, who nitpick why something was done this way when it was stated clearly before even the animation aired that this is NOT 616 or MCU related.

And just for the sake of the arguments about some favourites... We just began the story line for E for Extinction, Heartbroken and Telepathic cheating. I will be real with you guys sit back and actually be patient. Laura might get an entirely different huge role in the X97, for which we don't know. And I am pretty sure we might see more of Exodus he is one of my favourites too. So let's be patient and see the big finale and Season 2 which is already in the works if not done.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 04-15-2024 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Killing mutants is bad regardless of whether it was a one, ten, a hundred or a million. You don’t need to see a milion people get killed…the sentinel was towering over the entire island. And given the damage it did, do you really need to see every single death to know a ton of people died?
    That's a convoluted way of saying you disagree with my dislike of the episode.

What you missed though is that... they didn't sell the idea the island HAD millions of people on it to start with!

I posted my impression of it... whether you disagree or not won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    It's honestly surprising to see so many people disagreeing with one of the, probably few, best episodes in X97.
    Eh. I've really never been bothered about people not liking something I like. Weather I'm into something that is highly regarded or not. (I still play this terrible game called Resident Evil: Raccoon City. It can run on PS5 with PS Plus!) And I feel the majority of coverage for this episode has been positive but that's just been my experience. I think what gets, I guess debate worthy, is when it seems like people are exaggerating their reasons for disliking something. We can agree to disagree but before that sometimes you find yourself wanting to pick apart criticism because it seems overblown.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    It's honestly surprising to see so many people disagreeing with one of the, probably few, best episodes in X97, just watching all those reactions across the internet: YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and even TikTok, people crying over the end of the episode should speak plenty for the people here, who nitpick why something was done this way when it was stated clearly before even the animation aired that this is NOT 616 or MCU related.

And just for the sake of the arguments about some favourites... We just began the story line for E for Extinction, Heartbroken and Telepathic cheating. I will be real with you guys sit back and actually be patient. Laura might get an entirely different huge role in the X97, for which we don't know. And I am pretty sure we might see more of Exodus he is one of my favourites too. So let's be patient and see the big finale and Season 2 which is already in the works if not done.
    It's just a few people here to be fair, maybe less than 10%.

CBR is for hardcore fans, so you get people who have strict expectations for adaptations who feel disappointed. Which I get, I hated the Fox films because it felt like they took TONS of liberates and got characters so wrong, but 97' feels like much more faithful in comparison. I think overall the vast majority of casual and hardcore fans were very satisfied by the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It's just a few people here to be fair, maybe less than 10%.

CBR is for hardcore fans, so you get people who have strict expectations for adaptations who feel disappointed. Which I get, I hated the Fox films because it felt like they took TONS of liberates and got characters so wrong, but 97' feels like much more faithful in comparison. I think overall the vast majority of casual and hardcore fans were very satisfied by the episode.
    It's this old thing about how if you don't know what you're missing then it doesn't matter.

As a new story in it's own merit it doesn't fully suck... however it relies on past info... that it uses erratically.

It's this old thing about how if you don't know what you're missing then it doesn't matter.

As a new story in it's own merit it doesn't fully suck... however it relies on past info... that it uses erratically.
    If anything the people that read E for Extinction as new fans would be disappointed. It's not given a ton of focus and you see it more through the lens of the X-Men, not on the ground. (outside of maaaybe Emma and Lorna for page or two)

This elevated the story, not denounced it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    If anything the people that read E for Extinction as new fans would be disappointed. It's not given a ton of focus and you see it more through the lens of the X-Men, not on the ground. (outside of maaaybe Emma and Lorna)

This elevated the story, not denounced it.
    People who dislike this adaption of it because it negates Emma's and Lorna's development seem to forget it was SO BAD for the rest of the X-Men. The main team were horrible in it, they treated the genocide with so much callousness. They were much more concerned with Xavier's twin than they were with all the innocent dead mutants.