Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Right? Late twenties at least. Didn't seem that much younger during the flashback.
    Pretty sure her age was implied to be a high schooler in that Cody episode in the 90s. Unless she was a cougar.

Now that is the proper way to kill off a character. Gambit went out like boss.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Pretty sure her age was implied to be a high schooler in that Cody episode in the 90s. Unless she was a cougar.
    Pretty much.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    since when is Rogue from the animated series considered young?

She always gave me 27 ish vibes.
    I think people are calling her young during her tryst with Magneto because her mommy had to deliver her to him instead of like in the comics where she's on her own in the savage land arc.
    That actually gives me more ick about the whole thing
    I'm sure this is all huge whiplash for the normie non comic reading animated show audience

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think people are calling her young during her tryst with Magneto because her mommy had to deliver her to him instead of like in the comics where she's on her own in the savage land arc.
    That actually gives me more ick about the whole thing
    I'm sure this is all huge whiplash for the normie non comic reading animated show audience
    Speaking of her mommy, if Mystique really is Val, her face this episode when Magneto told her he wanted Rogue as his queen said everything lmao.

Some people are saying Shaw, Dazzler and Moira are dead, but I got the impression they were only hurt? They weren't completely covered.

since when is Rogue from the animated series considered young?

She always gave me 27 ish vibes.
    27? Thats the age range i place Jean, Scott, and Storm being the older X-men. Rogue always gave off younger than them. Like early 20s. We got bits nad pieces of her backstory in TAS. Her powers manifested when she first kissed Cody which caused her to run away from home and go to Mystique whom she stayed with for a few years before linking up with Xavier. I figured she was at least 15/16 when she got her powers. I dont beleive more than a decade had passed by the time we saw her in season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Some people are saying Shaw, Dazzler and Moira are dead, but I got the impression they were only hurt? They weren't completely covered.
    their faces are shown as Gambit says dead. I think thats why people are taking the narration as telling us what happened
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-10-2024 at 10:16 AM.

Also nice touch that they had Gambit save the Morlocks given his involvement in the Mutant Massacre.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I don't think they are dead. Just injured. Callisto it seems is also in shock. She is probably the only one of the Morlocks who survived.

Well you guys are making up time in your head canon. We dont know how long all that lasted. Her recruitment with Mystique, her stint witht the BoM, and then the Savage Land stuff.

And then some of yall saying things like Mystique delivered her to Magneto.

Saying stuff like that is ick.

We know thats not what the writers intended but its what you are putting onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This whole episode was basically an adaptation of parts of Morrison's run

Jean kissing Logan
    Scott's secret psychic checkins with Maddie (not quit the psychic affair with Emma)
    The mansion expose as a mutant school parallels it being outed as such
    The Genosha sentinel attack

I dont know what the hell they are thinking with Jean but she did not look good here and im disappointed since Demayo is allegedly a fan of hers. He made her and Rogue look very bad. Two women cheating and disrespecting their partners in one episode. Rogue had some nerve to do that mess in public in front of Remy and Jean was a big hypocrite. Yikes!

Kind of ironic considering thats what Disney figuratively did to him
    I, once more, vehemently disagree with you on Jean. There is a plain difference between an affair that has been going on for a month or longer by Scott’s own admission vs Jean having a moment of weakness because she can’t figure out what are her memories and what are Madelyne’s. It doesn’t excuse Jean’s actions, but that doesn’t mean Jean comes off the bad guy.

And what are you talking about with Rogue? Gambit literally states they will only be friends before the Gala even started and Rogue admitted to him that their relationship was only physical and would never be more. You can at best say what Rogue did was cold and screwed up to not take her supposed friend’s feelings into account, but she was in no way cheating.

I get why you’re offended for Gambit at least, but I have no clue what is up with calling Jean out on being equally as bad when what she did was nowhere near as wrong. She didn’t even get a chance to talk to Cyclops about what happened between her and Wolverine to make amends because of what she found out.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

There's no mention of her age at all. It's open ended enough for them to decide she was an adult when she was with Magneto.

God, Rogue's old house really sucked. I can feel the black mold growing through the screen.

Well you guys are making up time in your head canon. We dont know how long all that lasted. Her recruitment with Mystique, her stint witht the BoM, and then the Savage Land stuff.

And then some of yall saying things like Mystique delivered her to Magneto.

Saying stuff like that is ick.

We know thats not what the writers intended but its what you are putting onto it.
    If Beau De Mayo is taking cues from the comics, she would still be young. The Savage Land stuff happened in late teens / very early twenties. It's a bigger stretch to say that happened when she was older.

And I think the writers are intending this to be icky. I don't think they hate Magneto, but the relationship always did read predatory. Magneto is complex, he can be charismatic while also making bad decisions like this (consciously or unconsciously).

Well it’s all intended. We are suppose to feel bad for Rogue but we are also suppose to be angry at her. She handled her relationship badly with Remy. First by meeting up with Magneto in their private meetings and not informing Remy what the deal was, he had to stumble upon it in a soap opera moment. Then she chides them for being roosters when she knows it’s because she has put Remy in the triangle and keeping him there. She knows Magneto is being aggressive and Remy is picking up on it, she must feel guilty but lacks the tools how to deals with it.

She makes her choice, reasons or not, and Remy acts very mature about it. The whole conversation is very mature and just makes all of the tension into a sad low burn. Remy just gives up.

Then we have the whole gala scene that is just there to rub it in. To us viewers and to Remy. It’s a long scene.

Rogue informs Erik after the kiss but never tells Remy. Making to so that he dies thinking she picked Erik. While Erik dies knowing she didn’t pick him. It’s all maximum manipulation for us viewers.

It’s a shame because Rogue is the one we get to follow in the next episodes and she is the one of the three we don’t want to follow. It’s very much intended but it’s not hyping me up for the next episode. It’s like stated before: we kind of want someone to hold her accountable. Still she is in massive grief and just like the way Remy handled her dumping him Rogue’s friends will be there to support her.

I think the episode was very well executed. But honestly the middle act was the weakest. I loved how they showed us mutant society in Genosha, in a way it felt better than what Krakoa managed in 3+ years or so. The Trish Tilby part was fun but then the mansion part overstayed its welcome when we probably should have spent scenes on Genosha instead.

The end was great. I loved Erik “Never again!” And comforting Leech in German. Loved it!

Remy was wonderful. Saving Rogue and then taking the tri-sentinel down. My only question is how much of the gambit was planned. Maybe the ploy of doing a gambit but not the impaling. He seemed genuinely surprised by that part.
    Last edited by Malachi; 04-10-2024 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

There's no mention of her age at all. It's open ended enough for them to decide she was an adult when she was with Magneto.
    Well first of all, what do you mean by "adult". She was probably legally an adult when this happened, but that doesn't mean she wasn't still very young; in the age range of 18-20.