Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    We all knew Genosha was coming, but I personally thought it'd be the season finale.

Now lessee where this goes.

Maddie realizing Cable's identity had no business being that sweet. Hope she survived the massacre. I've always had a soft spot for Maddie in the comics-- if only because I felt writers kept giving her a raw deal instead of letting her character breathe. I'm a sucker for clone / existential crises stories, alright?

The rehash of Morrison's run though... yeah, Jean didn't come out of this unscathed, even referring to Maddie as "it". Sheesh, the writers didn't hold back on the drama.
    Maddie definitely didnt die here but I think she will by the end o the season. It was the nose bleed for me and the psychic flashes back to Jean. I see a loose adaptation of what was done with Rogue and Ms. Marvel circa X-men 275 where with two linked people, only on can survive and with Jean awake and fully reclaiming her life, I think Maddie's is weakening

I thought Genosha was the ending because of the titles but damn it came mid season.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maddie definitely didnt die here but I think she will by the end o the season. It was the nose bleed for me and the psychic flashes back to Jean. I see a loose adaptation of what was done with Rogue and Ms. Marvel circa X-men 275 where with two linked people, only on can survive and with Jean awake and fully reclaiming her life, I think Maddie's is weakening
    I took it to me. It was a clue of their impending destruction massacre whatever you wanna call it.

Fantastic Member

I’ll tell you what I was pretty lukewarm on the original cartoon series, and yes, they are moving quickly, but I’m impressed by how much they double down on this episode.

Fantastic Member

This was the best episode and sadly very tragic. Just so much weight here and the pacing felt much more normal to me this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    I think this is going to bleed into Krakoa in the what they just set up with a council.... and also a way to bring back dead mutants after this Genosha attack. I wonder if they'll end up on Krakoa or just bringing in resurrection protocols.
    Can't do that without hope of messiah complex etc

Great episode. It was also nice to see Nature Girl.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This show does not MISS! It may be too much, too fast, for some, but for someone like me, with encyclopedic knowledge of the canon, seeing something like this, these artful remixes, compressed into half hour episodes, it's like a masterpiece. I'm stunned, with tears in my eyes.

Beau's little cameo was great. Prophetic in the end.

I loved Jean's lake feat. It was evocative of one of the Classic X-Men backup stories with Phoenix lifting the lake.

I'm gonna assume we'll have some time travel shenanigans to fix this. It reminds me of that time Apocalypse killed all the X-Men at the end of an episode with the Legacy Virus in play.

That said, Gambit went out like a G.

I gotta go for now, but this show is amazing!!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What if they just have Synch do her role instead? They already alluded to Goldballs/Egg in episode 1.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Like in the psych affair, maybe Maddie will play the part of Emma on E is for Extinction?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I took it to me. It was a clue of their impending destruction massacre whatever you wanna call it.
    I took it as that, too. Some psychic feedback loop between Maddie and Jean (triggered by Cable, probably, because we hear him shouting to turn off the music) heralding the impending massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Dare I hope? Messiah Complex is my favorite storyline--- with how quickly '97 speedruns through events, is Messiah Complex even possible without the events of House of M? Maybe not for this season, but next?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What if they just have Synch do her role instead? They already alluded to Goldballs/Egg in episode 1.
    Hopes far to important to the 00s. Like 14 years worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Like in the psych affair, maybe Maddie will play the part of Emma on E is for Extinction?
    Oh thats definitely whats happening. I thnk thats what we were supposed to get from jean's outburst. It reminded me of when she found out about Emma and Scott

House of M is another big event that shaped the 00s

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

What really surprised me is how much this episode made me appreciate Gambit. He was so fucking mature throughout this whole Rogneto thing. When he felt jealous, he still didn't put any pressure on her, didn't act like a jerk towards Magneto, just took the whole thing in stride. And when he thought he lost her, he vowed to stay her friend. I mean, wow. That was a healthy display of unthreatened masculinity. I want to be like that. He was really cool.