Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I was like “holy f@#$ing $#!t” five times during the E is for Extinction scene… especially when Cable suddenly rushes in from out of f’ing nowhere! Mind. Blown. Wow.
    Still trying to recover from "I can't feel you" at the end but the other moment that broke my heart was Cable and Madelyne. She realizes he's alive, he healizes he can't save her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Still trying to recover from "I can't feel you" at the end but the other moment that broke my heart was Cable and Madelyne. She realizes he's alive, he healizes he can't save her.
    Yes!!! Both of those moments were so great. Watched with just my wife since we’re out of town, but will be re-watching with the kids when we get back too, as we’ve been watching them all together until now. My wife was like, “Wow. If they do the new X-men movies like this they’ll be huge.” She’s not wrong. So much drama, so much action…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    "You never wanted to make things official. I respected that."--Remy
    I'm so sick of seeing people use this argument against her, ESPECIALLY AFTER THIS EPISODE, where it's made clear that she and Remy weren't official, that she and Erik weren't in a relationship after their brief affair--the one that transpired out him taking advantage of her when she was younger. Y'all need to stop that BS.
    He even says they're friends.

Rogue and Magneto had to make a public display for the world to see. It was messy but hey, we love the X-Men because they're messy, right?

Honestly, this episode's Jean was the first time I've enjoyed her in X-Men 97. Scott was great too. People are so afraid their favorites misbehave or have changes of heart. That's what makes them alive and relateable to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Can't do that without hope of messiah complex etc
    Here’s a summary how they set it up in the XMen 92 mini where Jubilee became the Moira…

In the world of X-Men '92: House of XCII, the Krakoa has a similar set up for the Five -- but it this world, it's Proteus who creates the egg entirely on his own, without Egg's help. Tempo fills the same role as Temus, and Healer replaces Exlir. Fabian Cortez's ability to amplify other mutant powers replaces Hope's adaptability. With a fifth slot open due to Proteus' enhanced importance in this world, Karma becomes the fifth member of the group -- using her powers to directly mind-swap the backups from Cerebro into the new bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Here’s a summary how they set it up in the XMen 92 mini where Jubilee became the Moira…

In the world of X-Men '92: House of XCII, the Krakoa has a similar set up for the Five -- but it this world, it's Proteus who creates the egg entirely on his own, without Egg's help. Tempo fills the same role as Temus, and Healer replaces Exlir. Fabian Cortez's ability to amplify other mutant powers replaces Hope's adaptability. With a fifth slot open due to Proteus' enhanced importance in this world, Karma becomes the fifth member of the group -- using her powers to directly mind-swap the backups from Cerebro into the new bodies.
    You lose out on 14 years worth of stories though. Unless the aim is to wrap this up quickly in which case I'm OK with that.

There is a little bit of an explanation missing why Jean is suddenly THAT incredibly powerful.

"You never wanted to make things official. I respected that."--Remy
    I'm so sick of seeing people use this argument against her, ESPECIALLY AFTER THIS EPISODE, where it's made clear that she and Remy weren't official, that she and Erik weren't in a relationship after their brief affair--the one that transpired out him taking advantage of her when she was younger. Y'all need to stop that BS.
    Since age was never mentioned here, I am confused about why you think the Magneto/Rogue relationship is a power dynamic? It's between consenting adults unless you think that a young adult is somehow an infant now.

Such a beautiful, devastating episode. Yes, I would've preferred to see Polaris and White Queen in their rightful roles during Genosha, as the only two survivors of the attack in the comics. But I can't deny how powerful the episode was. I'm not a cryer, but this episode made me tear up.

I LOVED how beautiful Genosha was portrayed when they arrived, I loved so much about it. It's a shame they flew through it so quickly, because they'd just given Genosha a perfect themesong.

Knowing they aren't leading up to the Genoshan Genocide in the finale like I and many have anticipated... I'm REALLY curious what the next 5 episodes are leading to...

This show is so wild, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What really surprised me is how much this episode made me appreciate Gambit. He was so fucking mature throughout this whole Rogneto thing. When he felt jealous, he still didn't put any pressure on her, didn't act like a jerk towards Magneto, just took the whole thing in stride. And when he thought he lost her, he vowed to stay her friend. I mean, wow. That was a healthy display of unthreatened masculinity. I want to be like that. He was really cool.
    Love this post so much, because SENTIMENTS SAME.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    There is a little bit of an explanation missing why Jean is suddenly THAT incredibly powerful.
    Also from Morrisons run when she was doing multiple things at once when she was Headmaster of the school.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualLibrarian View Post
    Since age was never mentioned here, I am confused about why you think the Magneto/Rogue relationship is a power dynamic? It's between consenting adults unless you think that a young adult is somehow an infant now.
    Their affair happens right after she runs away from home and before she joins the X-Men. Very possibly she was a late teen (18-19), she might have legally been an adult at the time but that doesn't mean she was at all mature enough for that relationship. He definitely took advantage of the fact she was young and could touch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I chalk it up to Sinister experimenting on her and unlocking her potential

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    E for Extinction came out before 9/11. I read the second issue in Midtown Comics, July 2001.

People have been speculating that Morrison is a pre-cog from his Invisibles days.
    Sounds more like revisionist history like when people say Morrison's run inspired the movies (black costumes, school) despite his material coming after the first film

The Phoenix Force is hovering around. I want to soar the galaxies, I feel distant. Need to go do Phoenix work. Welcome to planet X

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    I think this is going to bleed into Krakoa in the what they just set up with a council.... and also a way to bring back dead mutants after this Genosha attack. I wonder if they'll end up on Krakoa or just bringing in resurrection protocols.
    No, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they're going to make Beast evil like he was on Krakoa when we just finished that in the comics !
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Their affair happens right after she runs away from home and before she joins the X-Men. Very possibly she was a late teen (18-19), she might have legally been an adult at the time but that doesn't mean she was at all mature enough for that relationship. He definitely took advantage of the fact she was young and could touch him.
    I'll be honest. I am completely okay with any relationship between consenting adults. Because once you start denying an aspect of love, you can apply that to almost any relationship. And infantizing adults is weird and removes agency for them.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Hey, there's no need to create a villain for this. Mags didn't take advantage of anyone. They were two lonely people who had a fling. Just because he was older didn't mean she couldn't set her own boundaries. She dumped him twice, didn't she?