Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    He even says they're friends.

Rogue and Magneto had to make a public display for the world to see. It was messy but hey, we love the X-Men because they're messy, right?

Honestly, this episode's Jean was the first time I've enjoyed her in X-Men 97. Scott was great too. People are so afraid their favorites misbehave or have changes of heart. That's what makes them alive and relateable to the audience.
    Agreed to all of this, especially with regard to Jean. Someone yesterday was saying that they didn't feel sorry for Remy because of some of his past behavior towards Rogue, as though you can't recognize faults and still have empathy for someone. That's why Remy is so dear to me, that's why the X-Men are my favorite superheroes--complex human characters you feel for and recognize.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by ActualLibrarian View Post
    I'll be honest. I am completely okay with any relationship between consenting adults. Because once you start denying an aspect of love, you can apply that to almost any relationship. And infantizing adults is weird and removes agency for them.
    Sure, but did he help her when Ghisleane Darkholme brought her to him for help?

I'll be honest. I am completely okay with any relationship between consenting adults. Because once you start denying an aspect of love, you can apply that to almost any relationship.
    That is a whole mess I'm not gonna unpack, but think of it like this; it's not generally ok for a mentor to sleep with a student for a reason. Colleges fire professors for less. It's an abuse of power and he took advantage of that.

He was supposed to be her mentor, a trusted adult, not try to sleep with her.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That is a whole mess I'm not gonna unpack, but think of it like this; it's not generally ok for a mentor to sleep with a student for a reason. Colleges fire professors for less. It's an abuse of power and he took advantage of that.

He was supposed to be her mentor, a trusted adult, not try to sleep with her.
    Again you are removing people's agency.

Again you are removing people's agency.
    There's a reason why we put restrictions on people's ages. Not driving until till a certain age, not drinking till a certain age, etc etc. even past their teens.

People's brains are not fully developed as young adults, agency or not, and the position of power ethics make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Given the green light it's probably Sinister or Madeylne from the future.
    Oh I hope it’s not Madeylne I was surprised she show up this episode and I’m glad that she met and realized that Cable is her son hopefully she survives
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

As said elsewhere, the show refusing to acknowledge Polaris, Emma Frost, etc and their experiences with the Genoshan genocide means the show is trash. Even if they have plans in future eps we don't know about, and even with a limited time frame for storytelling, they could've easily given hints and acknowledged their presence and experiences. They certainly could've done that for Lorna in the prior ep's opening instead of an X-Factor reference when they already had an X-Factor reference in that episode itself (Forge's photo). They didn't, and it was a deliberate choice on their part.

Below is why this matters. I won't be posting in this thread again unless I have reason to.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Okay bye lol anyways

This was one of the most beautiful episodes of TV I've ever seen! Just gorgeous. This episode deserves an Emmy.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Okay bye lol anyways

This was one of the most beautiful episodes of TV I've ever seen! Just gorgeous. This episode deserves an Emmy.
    let’s wait cuss im thinking this might not be top 5 episode this season.. if the back half is as good as i anticipate
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

How dare the producers not remember Chuck Austen's comics!

The Rogue/Gambit tour de force aside, these three moments made me !!!:

- Cyclops and that rant he made on television just goes to show he'll be donning the All New All Different head condom soon. That was great.

- Emma Frost throwing shade at Val. "Whats wrong Dr. Cooper, is it your dress?" HILARIOUS and such an Emma thing to say.

- Magneto protecting Leech, having a quick flashback and telling him in German not to be afraid got me ALL in the feels.

It's crazy how good the writing on this damn show is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Was it not Morrisons idea? Theres a line about naked Polaris in the aftermath of #116 when the Xmen are there and Storm shows up.

I'm pretty sure Morrison told Austen what to do for certain characters. But Austen messed up Xorn and the Cuckoo's
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 09:25 AM.

I hope now that Logan kind of got what he’s been pining for, and realized it wouldn’t work so he pushed her away, that he’ll stop acting like such a lovelorn little bitch. Let me see badass Wolverine at some point. Not Jean’s backup plan.

Also, the Cable scene in this one made me yell with surprise. Need more of him too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This episode was amazing! When happy nation started playing I knew Maddie's vision would come true and I guess the sand man from that was Cable going back in time to prevent that but failing

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I need to post now to respond to this, so here goes.

New X-Men 132 was written by Grant Morrison, the same person who wrote E for Extinction. And I included only these pages and panels because they're important to understanding why it's a problem Lorna wasn't present. There are comics prior to the Genoshan genocide itself where she was on Genosha, serving as Magneto's right hand woman for his cause.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)