Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m not sure that I quite agree with that take. A book honestly shouldn’t just keep its head down and do its own thing as, even if they aren’t aware of Maker’s schemes, they are still affected as his shadow council rules over them. A common theme with this line is essentially fighting back against what Maker did to the world in different ways; Peter Parker is essentially taking back his destiny that was stolen from him, Black Panther is fighting against the forces of Konshu and The Ultimates are setting right what the Maker broke. While the books aren’t really crossing over, they share that kind of cohesion that works for such a small universe. I’d say keeping your ducks in line prevents what happened with the previous Ultimate Universe where events couldn’t even line up in the same universe and what happened with Krakoa where everyone was just doing their own thing narrative be damned. The more things deviate, the more chaotic and out of sync things become.
    I agree with cohesion, I believe that Sunfire, Viper and Silver Samurai will be involved sooner than the series might appear, but I kinda prefer what this is doing right now by focusing on it’s own corner exploring how mutantkind is emerging rather than having a go at the council

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m not sure that I quite agree with that take. A book honestly shouldn’t just keep its head down and do its own thing as, even if they aren’t aware of Maker’s schemes, they are still affected as his shadow council rules over them. A common theme with this line is essentially fighting back against what Maker did to the world in different ways; Peter Parker is essentially taking back his destiny that was stolen from him, Black Panther is fighting against the forces of Konshu and The Ultimates are setting right what the Maker broke. While the books aren’t really crossing over, they share that kind of cohesion that works for such a small universe. I’d say keeping your ducks in line prevents what happened with the previous Ultimate Universe where events couldn’t even line up in the same universe and what happened with Krakoa where everyone was just doing their own thing narrative be damned. The more things deviate, the more chaotic and out of sync things become.
    Yeah, I feel like for something with such a specific premise and overarching story, there should be some level of consistency in tone/style and more to the point, if you're not going to use the unique premise/setting of this Ultimate Universe, what's the point of making it an Ultimate book?

My comic shop had a ton of the second issue on the shelf. This one going to 12 issues.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, I feel like for something with such a specific premise and overarching story, there should be some level of consistency in tone/style and more to the point, if you're not going to use the unique premise/setting of this Ultimate Universe, what's the point of making it an Ultimate book?
    An in house style would be so boring. These books are very creator driven so it’s awesome to see them go all out. Plus this book does make use of the setting, it’s in Hi No Kuni, mutants are scarce and only beginning to spring up, Mei’s presence is because of Storm’s current status.

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    An in house style would be so boring. These books are very creator driven so it’s awesome to see them go all out. Plus this book does make use of the setting, it’s in Hi No Kuni, mutants are scarce and only beginning to spring up, Mei’s presence is because of Storm’s current status.
    While you say that, an in house style is exactly what the rest of the line is doing by tying directly into the happenings of the overarching plot of the universe. For this book however, while the setting may be Hi No Kuni, nothing about the setup of this universe is really necessary for this story to be happening. You could literally remove it from the setting of the Ultimate Universe, place it into its own universe and nothing about the story at hand would change. As it stands at the moment, this book is probably the least influential out of them all to the point that something big is going to have to happen for this group of X-Men to be able to make any difference at all in a world that’s been robbed of its destiny because I can’t realistically see this group even so much as registering as an insignificant blip to any of the Maker’s council.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    I generally agree but, again, this has so little to do with X-Men or the Ultimate Universe that it feels like it should be its own thing. I didn't say everything had to be a house style, but it defeats the purpose of the line if there's no sense of consistency. Ultimatel Invasion, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Ultimate Black Panther are all different from each other, but they all feel like they're in the same world and part of the same premise.

The premise I'm referring to is that it's a world where the heroes had their destinies deliberately changed and only now have been given them back. Momoko herself said the book didn't have much connection to the other Ultimate titles.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with the content, but it should be it's own think like Demon Days was. There's no reason this story needs to be set in the Ultimate Universe. And like another poster said, it's clearly the least popular of the three titles so far, if what I've seen at my LCS is any indication. It's weird to introduce this cool specific idea for a new universe and have one of the first titles feel completely disjointed from the very ideas that they're excited about in the first place.