Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So I did research on Ryner Lute he has another eye power called Tear Stigma ( his eye color with this stigma is describe as being rainbow with a tear drop shape) that appears in the Light novel, but not the anime. It's like his Alpha Stigma but up to 11. It analyzes magic on a better scale than Alpha Stigma. Not only that it can analyze humans, objects, etc.

Shoots light blasts ( power of blasts is comparable to Glouvil a large two handed magical sword of mass destruction). and erase beings from existence.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-12-2024 at 11:33 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I both love that scene and hate it.

Love it because it’s the classic ‘off my lawn’.

Hate it because…’Wolverine sez Cyclops is leader because he blows **** up better.’ <- that the writer thought this was a cool thing to say still boggles me.
    1. It’s amazing that “Get off my lawn!” is so iconic that we all know what ‘GOMLZARK’ means, completely out of context.
    2. I’ve always had exactly the same thought about Logan’s statement. Thor is not a great Avengers team leader, but he can cause more destruction than the others. Star Brand wasn’t the best leader in the New Universe on the basis that he blew up Pittsburgh. It’s dumb logic… which is probably why Logan isn't the best leader - thinking is apparently not his strong suit.
    Chief Curmudgeon

How do we want to factor the Eye of Amagotto (did I spell that right?) into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How do we want to factor the Eye of Amagotto (did I spell that right?) into this?
    No. No you didn’t. It’s Agamotto.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Galactus has shot beams out of his eyes before, but he also... Doesn't really have eyes. He is a cosmic abstract whose whole appearance varies based on the beholder. When he destroyed Beta Ray Bill's home planet he didn't even have eyes, he was more of a giant star fish thing. So I don't think think those count.

Darkseid is a pretty decent pick. The omega beams have shot incredibly powerful beams, transmuted class 100 bricks into statues or babies into class 100 bricks, teleported people, dumped them through time, and what have you. They also travel at FTL speeds that the Flash has to exhaust himself escaping (and he to has phase through other creatures to take the hit to boot.) Also, while Darkseid's eyes tend to be a weak point just as they are for most creatures, he's still kept fighting even after having magic weapons jammed through both of them, so they are pretty resilient. I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better without invoking cosmic abstracts who, like Galactus, probably don't really have eyes or at least have their eyes treated differently than any other part of their body.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm pretty sure Galactus has shot beams out of his eyes before, but he also... Doesn't really have eyes. He is a cosmic abstract whose whole appearance varies based on the beholder. When he destroyed Beta Ray Bill's home planet he didn't even have eyes, he was more of a giant star fish thing. So I don't think think those count.

Darkseid is a pretty decent pick. The omega beams have shot incredibly powerful beams, transmuted class 100 bricks into statues or babies into class 100 bricks, teleported people, dumped them through time, and what have you. They also travel at FTL speeds that the Flash has to exhaust himself escaping (and he to has phase through other creatures to take the hit to boot.) Also, while Darkseid's eyes tend to be a weak point just as they are for most creatures, he's still kept fighting even after having magic weapons jammed through both of them, so they are pretty resilient. I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better without invoking cosmic abstracts who, like Galactus, probably don't really have eyes or at least have their eyes treated differently than any other part of their body.
    So you think Darkseid is beating Shuma Gorath? Genuine question.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    1. It’s amazing that “Get off my lawn!” is so iconic that we all know what ‘GOMLZARK’ means, completely out of context.
    2. I’ve always had exactly the same thought about Logan’s statement. Thor is not a great Avengers team leader, but he can cause more destruction than the others. Star Brand wasn’t the best leader in the New Universe on the basis that he blew up Pittsburgh. It’s dumb logic… which is probably why Logan isn't the best leader - thinking is apparently not his strong suit.
    Totally agree with all of the above.

There was a time where we made the 'get off my lawn' into an art form, here. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So, the Eye of Agamotto (see Beadle's post) is a magic item, not so much an eye. It does HAVE a mystic eye within it, though, and can do a variety of things.

- Pierce and dispel any and all illusions.
    - Sense the presence of magic or powerful spirits and track them.
    - Read minds, mental probes, etc.
    - See truth from falsehood.
    - A couple of times it has been used to see into the past.
    - Project an 'ionic screen' that acts as a shield against attacks.
    - Emit brilliant light that can cause tremendous damage to 'evil' beings (this is hilarious considering what a self-centered prick Agamotto himself is), burns vampires like sunlight, and blinds everyone else.
    - Attack the very souls of 'evil' beings (see above, but Strange has used it in some weird ways).
    - Strange has used it to open gateways into certain specific dimensions (Eternity's cottage, Agamotto's own realm, etc).

All of this stuff is on roughly the level of Classic Strange. So, pretty good.

Just not really comparable to, say, Shuma-Gorath.

Edit: Just on raw power, I'm having trouble thinking of someone that has it over SG.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-14-2024 at 01:26 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I both love that scene and hate it.

Love it because it’s the classic ‘off my lawn’.

Hate it because…’Wolverine sez Cyclops is leader because he blows **** up better.’ <- that the writer thought this was a cool thing to say still boggles me.
    I always thought Logan was more referring to Cyke taking a decisive, direct approach to their issue rather than "lol you shoot good", but I might be giving the writer more credit than they deserve...

As for powerful eyes, it feels like Shuma Gorath has this wrapped up. Superman 1 Million pushing galaxies apart with his force vision feels like a good (distant) runner up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So you think Darkseid is beating Shuma Gorath? Genuine question.
    No, at least not most version pairings. But I don't know that much about Shuma Gorrath. I know he has a big eye ball, but is that a particular focal point for his powers like they are for Darkseid? He seemed more like a Doctor Strange style caster from the summaries I have read.

Like, I'm pretty sure the Living Tribunal could shoot beams out of its eyes that would wipe out most anyone mentioned here. But the Living Tribunal could do that from its hand or its butt. Its just a hyper powerful being in general; it doesn't have eyes that are specifically powerful in the way that Cyclops or Darkseid. Is Shuma a Living Tribunal or a Cyclops?

Superman's vision abilities are probably iconic enough to count, so Superman One Million's force vision seems like the thing to beat.

Astonishing Member

No, at least not most version pairings. But I don't know that much about Shuma Gorrath. I know he has a big eye ball, but is that a particular focal point for his powers like they are for Darkseid? He seemed more like a Doctor Strange style caster from the summaries I have read.

Like, I'm pretty sure the Living Tribunal could shoot beams out of its eyes that would wipe out most anyone mentioned here. But the Living Tribunal could do that from its hand or its butt. Its just a hyper powerful being in general; it doesn't have eyes that are specifically powerful in the way that Cyclops or Darkseid. Is Shuma a Living Tribunal or a Cyclops?

Superman's vision abilities are probably iconic enough to count, so Superman One Million's force vision seems like the thing to beat.
    The reason I thought of Uatu was not only because conceptually he's all about being able to watch everything while supposed to do nothing else, but there was an entire event about his eyes, post-death, giving deep knowledge of past events to all kinds of Earth people, culminating with old Nick Fury using them to arm himself with armor and weapons that allowed him to become an Avengers ass-kicking machine that one-shot Hulk and with a whisper kickstarted the whole "Thor is not worthy of lifting Mjolnir anymore so Jane Foster had to replace him" era of his comics. And Uatu's powers hijacked by a villain in that series were said to be able to torch a galaxy IIRC.

As maybe some honorary mention Sentry and people with his powers also shoot eye beams, amusingly because I don't think that was done at all in his earlier comics but after a while writers started to do it like in every comic, maybe leaning into the Superman trope. His eye beams were part of the reason his zombie Revenant Prime version was terrorizing a couple of Sorcerer Supremes at once (Clea the traditional one, and Harvestman Stephen Strange, Lady Death's own version of the mantle, he floored them at once with them when they shot spells at him). The merged Sentry also used them to disintegrate a Nova who had merged with the entire Cancerverse legions who had fused into a space blob that the likes of Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Firelord, Nova etc. couldn't do anything against when blasting it or hitting it to try to prevent it merging with Nova. That blob was made up of dark magic, eldritch versions of Earth characters like the Avengers (Captain Marvel alone was able to hurt Silver Surfer despite him being intangible, even if Surfer killed her off) in addition to everyone that had been assimilated in the Negative Zone so far, so their numbers could have been in the thousands for supers and millions overall. Crazy feat if you think about it.
    Last edited by Wildling; 04-20-2024 at 02:45 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If we want to get as crazy as can be, PR Beyonder most definitely used eye beams to do stuff more than once, and those things are, based on who and what he was, going to top the list of "powerful eyes." I think he used some eye beams to one-shot Celestials when he decided to humiliate them all for fun.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If we want to get as crazy as can be, PR Beyonder most definitely used eye beams to do stuff more than once, and those things are, based on who and what he was, going to top the list of "powerful eyes." I think he used some eye beams to one-shot Celestials when he decided to humiliate them all for fun.
    Yeah, that's probably the technically correct answer. But it's another example that I feel violates spirit of the thread. Things like the Sharingan or Six Eyes are actually signature abilities that work separately from the body just being super powerful.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, that's probably the technically correct answer. But it's another example that I feel violates spirit of the thread. Things like the Sharingan or Six Eyes are actually signature abilities that work separately from the body just being super powerful.
    Oh, I TOTALLY agree with you. I wanted to add a full disclaimer about how I didn't think such answers should apply, but I was on my phone and got bored. :-)

Like, Eraser's eye trick is his entire powerset, and it's awfully good in his world.

Greek myth (or Clash of the Titans, or Percy Jackson, or...) Medusa, likewise, and her power extends to massively powerful supernatural creatures and whatever else.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Another reason to mention Sentry regarding eye powers would be that as a Horseman of Death he shot Void tendril beams out of his eyes (after he had already ripped apart his entire head to show that kind of thing wouldn't stop him). While technically this version of Sentry was altered by the Apocalypse Twins, he seemed to be around the same in power to the original one and while it was supposed to be a Void-free incarnation at the time, that seemed to be a delusion. The Void beams he shot out from his eyes mentally tortured out Wasp as much as the original Sentry Void did to other heroes, and after Sentry stopped becoming a Horseman, the Void was right back on top of him to the point Stephen Strange could tap Void because he built a secret safe room to hold it in the Sanctum Sanctorum.

And even if Sentry's Void's tendrils might not be at the top of the variety of stuff Darkseid's Omega Beams have done for longer years, they are still hardcore stuff. They intangibly impaled people, even past Captain America's shield, mentally torturing people with visions of their worst past, present, and future experiences (even assuming Sentry can't actually watch the future, just feeding on their future fears making the Void a Freddy Krueger for supers because of how many people he can terrorize at once and how powerful his telepathy is) and they disintegrated Loki's body while he was shooting against them with the Norn Stones and his own power.
    Last edited by Wildling; 04-23-2024 at 01:00 AM.