Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There’s nothing more embarrassing in the end of this era than turning the living island nation of Krakoa into a tree guy getting dragged through a desert.
    Yeah. X-Men97 is highlighting how lacking this finish is. Shameful.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I know there’s a thread up about writers who do and don’t respect continuity, and Duggan’s definitely up there for me regarding writers that don’t. It’s like he either doesn’t read how his colleagues are writing characters or he doesn’t.

At the end of Red, Apocalypse is talking about how proud he is of ALL mutants and how his life’s dream is for Krakoa and Arakko to reunite. And now he’s just back to talking sh*t about Krakoans because they’re too soft?!? And whole time Duggan is writing the X-Men to be more vicious than ever (regardless of how other creators were writing them), so really Apoc should be proud regardless.
    I took it as Apocalypse talking specifically about the Quiet Council, not all Krakoans.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Really getting tired of the villains in comics being turned into heroes. And don’t get me started on the way the so called heroes have performed during this Krakoan phase.
    Seemed like Apoc was written pretty villainously here.

"Machines, the weapons of cowards," says the man who turned his body into part machine.

"I refuse to let you die," says guy that's spent hundreds of years letting people die if they weren't able to handle themselves.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Apocolypse... ZZZ. I only found him interesting in his origin book in the 90's. Probably because he was practically a different character.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-11-2024 at 11:28 PM.

Unglaublich!

Ah, Apocalypse... lest we forget that you yourself walked away from Krakoa (and Arrako) and all your oh-so-important-to-you mutant brothers and sisters so you could catch up with your first "family" for a spell...

They were his literal family....

I enjoyed the philosopher-king Apocalypse that Hickman wrote. I liked Lord Ewings brief pages with him. But this.... I mean, I haven't enjoyed anything Duggan wrote this era(other than Planet Size, which I swear he did not actually write), so this ending being so bad is par for the course.

I wonder if Beau will grace TAS Apocalypse(who is still my favorite) with his writing on '97? We did just get a peek at him fighting Cable... I hope!

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It’s a shame that for every issue I grow less interested. I’m having a though time trying to remember what this series is about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

At the end of Red, Apocalypse is talking about how proud he is of ALL mutants and how his life’s dream is for Krakoa and Arakko to reunite. And now he’s just back to talking sh*t about Krakoans because they’re too soft?!? And whole time Duggan is writing the X-Men to be more vicious than ever (regardless of how other creators were writing them), so really Apoc should be proud regardless.
    Yeah I am the confused.

Extraordinary Member

I get that it is the story Duggan wants to go with as he tries to include everything into an event that is already too crowded, but this is definitely a spotlight I could have done without.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It’s a shame that for every issue I grow less interested. I’m having a though time trying to remember what this series is about anymore.
    Man, that's literally how I feel. Not sure I ever cared much about this mini, but I was interested in Rise. But, I've become less interested with each passing issue, to where just over halfway to the finish, I'm not sure I even care at all anymore.