Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

LOL at this tagline; I guess Krakoa wasn't "the real world".

well it was a mutant fantasy that humans ruined again

people are really getting offended by that tagline

they arent on their safe mutant island anymore

so yeah theyre back in the lame real world where they have to worry about hate and bigotry again

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    well it was a mutant fantasy that humans ruined again

people are really getting offended by that tagline

they arent on their safe mutant island anymore

so yeah theyre back in the lame real world where they have to worry about hate and bigotry again
    That's my read. I also think this is a great excuse to go super villain for a few characters, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    That's my read. I also think this is a great excuse to go super villain for a few characters, to say the least.
    Glob Herman enters yet another villainous phase. XD

In all fairness, Krakoa is quite literally not a real place.

On the other hand, they already announced books set in Alaska, New Orleans and Chicago. Arguably more “real world” places than Marvel’s New York City.

But it’s just a tag line. It’s not that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Glob Herman enters yet another villainous phase. XD
    LMAO

But seriously I like him more taking care of chickens.

My picks for hero turn super villains would be Aero, Wallflower and Mercury at first. Cerebella for sure (remember she killed someone during Morrison's run). Maybe Tag as well.

Anyway, I just think a lot of characters who suffered at the hands of humanity, who later discovered paradise and learned what is like to live a normal life (among their equals) just to have it taken away by humans again. They could be those saying "Not all humans, but always humans" thing. It's honestly an easy to get conclusion.

Well, I'll stop talking about it cause this is moving too far from the topic

Look, I'm on Team Hellionfor villain. After all the crap the X-Men put him through, all the times they let every mutant down through their incompetence or malice, every time they disregarded him for being too extreme, only fpor him to have been proven right? He already tried turning heel the first time the X-Men abandoned him and his friends (and I say first, because it's happened multiple times), I can see him finally having enough and popping a few heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

They missed the opportunity to call this "X and the city" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Look, I'm on Team Hellion for villain. After all the crap the X-Men put him through, all the times they let every mutant down through their incompetence or malice, every time they disregarded him for being too extreme, only for him to have been proven right? He already tried turning heel the first time the X-Men abandoned him and his friends (and I say first, because it's happened multiple times), I can see him finally having enough and popping a few heads.
    I'm not so sure. For one, when writers turn heroes into villains, they tend to go really hard on it, sometimes in ways that are unredeemable. Think Scarlet Witch with Decimation, Nature Girls and Beast. Would you like to have the character lean in hard into this angle? I'd say he'd be there for 5/10 years at most, then he'd be replaced by the villain of the era, never to be seen again (not even as background). That's why I'm leaning towards those characters.

However, I'm the type of person who... how can I say this delicately? If I was French in 1789, I'd likely be actively participating in the revolution. So I think instead of a villain, I'd have him as a neutral part, doing gray stuff. Say, mutants are actively fighting and hurting mutants. He's not a part of them, but he prevents humans from shooting these mutants down. Why? "I don't want my friends to die again" "What about the humans who are hurting" "A price I'm willing to pay".

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Kelly and Lanzing are probably the most boring writers at Marvel right now. They are the 'Phil Noto' of writers. Not sure who greenlit them on an X book.

Why is a D-List character like Kamala Khan out front like it's her book? If anything, I would have thought they'd put X23 as the anchor. Speaking of...why do they have her looking like a brokedown Fortnite character? She deserved better!
    Lmfao what? She's the only one of the characters in the cover who's actually popular. If you showed the picture of Sophie to someone and said "guess who this is" it could be any number of 30 identical blonde women

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Look, I'm on Team Hellionfor villain. After all the crap the X-Men put him through, all the times they let every mutant down through their incompetence or malice, every time they disregarded him for being too extreme, only fpor him to have been proven right? He already tried turning heel the first time the X-Men abandoned him and his friends (and I say first, because it's happened multiple times), I can see him finally having enough and popping a few heads.
    I'd be sincerely worried about Julian getting offed if they made him full-on villain. Guy's already been sidelined for ages. Would sincerely love if he went grey-hat vigilante, though.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-15-2024 at 07:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Lmfao what? She's the only one of the characters in the cover who's actually popular. If you showed the picture of Sophie to someone and said "guess who this is" it could be any number of 30 identical blonde women
    Don't mind that post....

It just says "I NEVER read a Kamala book".

If D list means having 93 solo issues in all
    5 animated appearances
    part of Marvel Rising
    First book stayed a top 10 seller on Amazon
    12 video game appearances
    2 live action

And the comic success was done BEFORE she every appeared outside of comics.

A LOT of folks would take that.

D listers don't sniff this.

I hope speed pops up and keep the prodigy relationship going. I would like for them to explore their relationship.

Yeah Kamala is def not D list. Her and Laura being on here gives me hope we'll get to have a longer run and see more characters that I want to see get some rotation in and spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    LOL at this tagline; I guess Krakoa wasn't "the real world".

No one told you that if was going to he his wayyyyy!

Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Resurrection has becomes a joke. Your broke and Krakoa is far awayyyyy!

Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Seems like your always stuck in second gearrrrrr, ever since those Orchis thugs ruined your yearrrrrr.

And!

No one is there far youuuu!

Krakoa had to fall!

No one is there for youuuu!

Tom Breevort doesn't care at all

No one is there for youuuuu!

And say goodbye to the Hellfire Gala toooooo!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest