Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    what is happening? I don't feel any of those new line-ups and cover reveals. :-/ Krakoa you will be missed. So far, I won't buy anything but reading it maybe later...

...and sorry to say this but Kamala Khan as a mutant feels already VERY FETCH to me,...anyone really here for it? It is not working in the MCU and it is not working here.
    It's definitely poor synergy. Her MCU counterpart may be a mutant, but she's not an X-Man. The Marvels ends with her recruiting Kate Bishop. It's pretty much the Young Avengers with the Champions' origin and leader (who knows which of the two names they'll use, as the team will certainly be a combination of the two, with Riri and Cassie certain to be in). It would've been better synergy to relaunch Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm in. I think this is the writer of Miles Morales which i enjoy. so far i'm going to give everything a shot so i get an overrall feeling of the new era and if there is any rub in about krakoa. what's most important is how he mutants are treated in that sense and their attitudes. if it's just oh they had krakoa, they didn't deserve it, let's beat up on them more than ever i'm exiting stage left
    It's not, Miles is written by Cody Ziglar.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's definitely poor synergy. Her MCU counterpart may be a mutant, but she's not an X-Man. The Marvels ends with her recruiting Kate Bishop. It's pretty much the Young Avengers with the Champions' origin and leader (who knows which of the two names they'll use, as the team will certainly be a combination of the two, with Riri and Cassie certain to be in). It would've been better synergy to relaunch Champions.

It's not, Miles is written by Cody Ziglar.
    Shows i rarely read the writer page. lol. Now i won't forget. Still willing to give it a try.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I liked their work on Harbringer and Batman Beyond so im curious how they handle the YA x-men.

Splitting up the Cuckoos just makes them Teen Emmas. Lame, that wasn't Morrison's concept. Pixie or Trance would have made so much more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ...and sorry to say this but Kamala Khan as a mutant feels already VERY FETCH to me,...anyone really here for it? It is not working in the MCU and it is not working here.
    But Kamala would have been a mutant anyway if it hadn't been for the stupid CompleX. Maybe a more Avengers aligned mutant like Firestar, but a mutant nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    But Kamala would have been a mutant anyway if it hadn't been for the stupid CompleX. Maybe a more Avengers aligned mutant like Firestar, but a mutant nonetheless.
    Immaterial, since that's not how the story played out. (Which conceptually, was probably just intended as a lazy explanation for powers anyway.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked their work on Harbringer and Batman Beyond so im curious how they handle the YA x-men.
    Oh I forgot they wrote Harbinger. I was totally obsessed with Joshua Dysart's version so I'll have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh I forgot they wrote Harbinger. I was totally obsessed with Joshua Dysart's version so I'll have to check that out.
    Its a different but good take. Im hoping they would continue with it in the new Valiant era.

Amazing Member

I've felt that making Kamala a mutant is such a bad idea because sooner or later she's going to vanish into the X cluster. At this point everyone should know the most prominent X-Men are never going to shift from the classics. Occasionally you might get a Magik who is so popular she managed to ascend to that A list (or borderline A list) of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    I've felt that making Kamala a mutant is such a bad idea because sooner or later she's going to vanish into the X cluster. At this point everyone should know the most prominent X-Men are never going to shift from the classics. Occasionally you might get a Magik who is so popular she managed to ascend to that A list (or borderline A list) of the X-Men.
    To be fair, Ms Marvel already has so much media exposure that she's already on the verge of being A list.
    The biggest problem is that she takes away focus from characters who actually need to be on an X-team to appear at all.
    She's a proven solo star already and her own team (Champions) still had potential to become a bigger thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So no costumes for Sophie, Prodigy and Anole, huh?
    I noticed the same but as the writers have explained this is not a 'team' book so Laura and Kamala have reasons for costumes in their own plots. The other characters will be used to show different POVs of the many mutants adapting to life back in New York.

It seems a lot of concerns about this book should take note that this should include characters not shown in this promo image and that the stories will be jumping around.

Pros: Ms. Marvel and Anole. Middling: Prodigy and whichever cuckoo this is. No impact: X23. Cons: the writers.

I don't know why Marvel keeps letting these guys write books. I'm not supporting any more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I noticed the same but as the writers have explained this is not a 'team' book so Laura and Kamala have reasons for costumes in their own plots. The other characters will be used to show different POVs of the many mutants adapting to life back in New York.

It seems a lot of concerns about this book should take note that this should include characters not shown in this promo image and that the stories will be jumping around.
    They've already mentioned that Aamir Khan, Kamala's older brother, will be involved with her story, and that something will happen with Bruno which will be explained in issue 1. It sounds like it might be five separate stories which interconnect. Sophie's plot could involve her four sisters and Emma - it's hardly the first time a Cuckoo has decided not to be a hivemind and to do their own thing (one was dating Quentin in the just finished X-Force book, and in the All-New X-Men era three of them deliberately chose to look different to each other, two of them dyed their hair). Prodigy's could use Speed from Young Avengers, as Krakoa-era books showed they were still dating. Laura's could involve Gabby, and maybe some other kid mutants - the synopsis says she's protecting people.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Immaterial, since that's not how the story played out. (Which conceptually, was probably just intended as a lazy explanation for powers anyway.)
    Well she's a mutant now so suck it up.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So no costumes for Sophie, Prodigy and Anole, huh?
    This isn't a team book so no need for costumes
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m a little surprised some folks are having such a visceral reaction to it considering it seems to be the only book (so far) that is directly reacting to and grieving Krakoa, and focusing on mutant community. Plus 3/5 have roots in New X-Men and Sophie is from the same gen (and some folks here are constantly clamoring for more of that group). The Ms. Marvel of it all is a reality I’ve come to accept and at least she’s not taking up the ONE young mutant spot on another roster.

Edit: Interesting to hear about folks’ experiences with these writers. I’d heard good things about their Captain America run and horrible things about their GotG run (which was clearly movie synergy and such a step backwards from what Ewing did).
    I thought the GOTG run was great. It bore almost no similarity to the movies aside from roster; I thought it did something extremely ambitious and cool with the characters that was needed. But it was a bit of a slow burn and it was bold so I'm not surprised some didn't like it.