Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    He breaks his pelvis during his Only Fans gig, binding him to a wheelchair for the time being. He uses his newfound money not to help himself recover, but to make a permanent home for other mutants by buying back this family's mansion.

The five we see on the cover are the first five he brings in. He has the mutant with glasses, the beastly physical fighter, the psychic girl, the gay one, and the one people are sort of iffy about.
    Professor K XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This isn't a draw for me. Laura is NOT WOLVERINE For me. That costume is horrible. She should just be X23 WWE have a wolverine for pete sake.
    X-Men Forever

Interesting lineup, I like Kelly and lanzig but they seem to only do 6 to 12 issues and then leave

Fantastic Member

The idea for this sounds solid, but I do not care for the writers at all. And since I have no clue who the artist is, this may be the one From The Ashes X-Men book I actually won't pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This book is so much of what I wanted out of a post-Krakoa book. Exploring mutant culture in a big city, young, diverse cast. Everything they're saying on Twitter is pitch perfect. But I haven't loved most of what I've read from them so I'm skeptical.
    Yeah I’m a little surprised some folks are having such a visceral reaction to it considering it seems to be the only book (so far) that is directly reacting to and grieving Krakoa, and focusing on mutant community. Plus 3/5 have roots in New X-Men and Sophie is from the same gen (and some folks here are constantly clamoring for more of that group). The Ms. Marvel of it all is a reality I’ve come to accept and at least she’s not taking up the ONE young mutant spot on another roster.

Edit: Interesting to hear about folks’ experiences with these writers. I’d heard good things about their Captain America run and horrible things about their GotG run (which was clearly movie synergy and such a step backwards from what Ewing did).
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-11-2024 at 08:43 PM.

For me, I'm just sort of exhausted at this point. We're moving to a status quo I really don't like. The New X-Men here are ones who have had far more of a consistent push than most of their contemporaries, so it's much less of a thrill to see them get focus. While I'm glad they're actually main characters, it was practically guaranteed they'd pop up somewhere regardless. Only Surge feels like a shake-up, and even then she was getting focus near the tail-end of Krakoa. The writers didn't win me over with their Guardians run., either. The book itself feels like one that will get canned before anything can really happen.

So it's a mix of IRL fatigue and skepticism in the execution.
    Last edited by Rift; 04-11-2024 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    For me, I'm just sort of exhausted at this point. We're moving to a status quo I really don't like. The New X-Men here are ones who have had far more of a consistent push than most of their contemporaries, so it's much less of a thrill to see them get focus. While I'm glad they're actually main characters, it was practically guaranteed they'd pop up somewhere regardless. Only Surge feels like a shake-up, and even then she was getting focus near the tail-end of Krakoa. The writers didn't win me over with their Guardians run., either. The book itself feels like one that will get canned before anything can really happen.

So it's a mix of IRL fatigue and skepticism in the execution.
    VERY understandable mindset to be in with the way things in this era wrapped up and how back to basics the next era seems to be. I’m at a place where I’m willing to try books, but like FoX will be pretty much immediately dropping them if they’re not doing it for me.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I may not be a diehard fan but I did enjoy the 'New X-Men' kids from the beginning when they were considered the next generation of 'New Mutants' and 'Hellions' though it doesn't have my faves: Windancer, Mercury and Hellion. I do like Prodigy and Anole still, though. Neutral on Laura. I really am not happy seeing Khamla being front and center on the cover. I did read some of her solo but I don't like her being pushed as a mutant. I hope that's not implying that this is going to be a solo for her where the other characters will just be supports. But then covers don't always reflect what's inside, so... I am going to wait for reviews before I decide on whether or not I will buy it. Comics are so expensive nowadays and even more so for me since I have to get my comics off of Ebay where shipping is almost as much as the comic.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-11-2024 at 09:36 PM.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Honestly, I feel like they should've added Hellion in that line-up. There should be a guy with the attitude. And also, imagine the drama in there when reunited with Laura, having a past bullying David, then showing some maturity with everybody else. So much potential when someone like Jullian to spice things up.
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    VERY understandable mindset to be in with the way things in this era wrapped up and how back to basics the next era seems to be. I’m at a place where I’m willing to try books, but like FoX will be pretty much immediately dropping them if they’re not doing it for me.
    what is happening? I don't feel any of those new line-ups and cover reveals. :-/ Krakoa you will be missed. So far, I won't buy anything but reading it maybe later...

...and sorry to say this but Kamala Khan as a mutant feels already VERY FETCH to me,...anyone really here for it? It is not working in the MCU and it is not working here.

can we cut off Anole's second arm too?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ...and sorry to say this but Kamala Khan as a mutant feels already VERY FETCH to me,...anyone really here for it? It is not working in the MCU and it is not working here.
    You are not the only one. I liked Kamala back when she debuted and was only an Inhuman, it made her stand up and being more unique. I didn't like the fact that they made her a mutant and now I consider her as forced inclussion in the X-men franchise because of the movie synergy.

can we cut off Anole's second arm too?
    Yeah, I liked that in Extraordinary X-men both of his arms look alike with the spikes and muscular. It sucked that the artists after that forgot that developement of Anole (White's indiference about that didn't help).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They should've either kept Laura's X-Men costume or give her a darker Wolverine suit.

Nobody seemed to know what to do with her as Wolverine. Throw her on an X-Team where her only real storyline is with Synch (and that's a can of worms), get replaced by a character whose core function was being Synch's girlfriend (not that I think he's off brand Rogue).

At least she had X-Terminators.
    This is my main issue with the Krakoa as a whole, so many characters did not feel like themselves during that time, and felt like making the characters act in character was an afterthought compared to setting up Hickman's big epic plot.

Like it really felt plot and world building take precedence over character writing, and I read these stories for the character.

what is happening? I don't feel any of those new line-ups and cover reveals. :-/ Krakoa you will be missed. So far, I won't buy anything but reading it maybe later...

Kamala being a mutant is working fine in the MCU, because in the MCU Kamala has been doing stuff that makes sense for her character, like protecting Jersey, teaming up with Captain Marvel and making a team of other young superheroes.

It's not working in the comics because they're doing the same thing to Kamala they always do with mutant characters and forcing her into the X-Men, which a long standing issue with the X-Men franchise if we're gonna really honest here.

Because just having a superhero who happens to be a mutant is almost never allowed, instead of they always need to be made into X-Men secondaries somehow.

Look at Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, at one point they were the most prominent mutant characters in Marvel who werent associated with the X-Men aside from being on the Brotherhood for a few issues, but were otherwise far more prominent as Avengers, but then the Magneto is their dad retcon happened, then "No more mutants" happened...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So no costumes for Sophie, Prodigy and Anole, huh?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm in. I think this is the writer of Miles Morales which i enjoy. so far i'm going to give everything a shot so i get an overrall feeling of the new era and if there is any rub in about krakoa. what's most important is how he mutants are treated in that sense and their attitudes. if it's just oh they had krakoa, they didn't deserve it, let's beat up on them more than ever i'm exiting stage left
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-12-2024 at 04:07 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/