Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Telepathic Nightmare View Post
    I am so happy to see some NXM love finally. We need to support this book as well as Xforce and show Marvel these characters are needed. I hope we get cameos of their friends like Wallflower, Winddancer, Tag, Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, Loa, Trance, Indra to name a few

( long time lurker rarely post)
    Hopefully. I'd tag both writers on twitter and tell them you'll be supporting them, though.

Edit: I'd tag to ask for the cameos and to tell you're supporting them. Sophie can read minds, they can't.
    Last edited by Alex.; 04-11-2024 at 01:04 PM.

From twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Lanzing
    FWIW: the lineup is only for our core five. This book has a much larger cast than the cover can hold - we're not a team book, we're an exploration of community. So your faves may yet appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Lanzing
    This isn't a "set roster" kind of book. These are our point of view characters for each of the first five issues - but we'll be expanding both cast and perspective as the story builds beyond.
    Also, Sophie will meet with her sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    From twitter:

Now I’m much more excited! These characters have tons of connections to my favorites.
    Praying the writers deliver.

Fantastic Member

NXM/Academy X is my generation of X-kids, and one that I felt didn't get to properly move forward, so I am very much down with this.

This setting seems more fun for Laura than what she got in Krakoa. If she has a POV issue it seems like that will be my first issue. The costume looks wonky, I hope it looks more cohesive inside on the interior art.

LOL he *kinda* teased Hellion?

Will there be any appearances from the other Academy X or New X-Men kids (especially Hellion)? Will there be involvement from Kamala's friends, supporting cast, and other family?
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKSON LANZING
    Thanks Streez - and absolutely yes to both of your questions.

Academy X, New X-Men, Ms. Marvel and especially The New Mutant are foundational texts for what we’re doing

Regarding Synch:

Love Synch though. His name's been on our lips a *lot* while developing NYX. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    From twitter:

Meh. I'll be interested when I get confirmation that my faves are involved, and are more than glorified cameos. Until then, I'm personally not feeling this book and probably won't pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Oh, it keeps getting better. This book is definitely for me.

Well except for the Synch talk. I'm sorry, but please kill that relationship. It deserves to stay in the past.

Collin on Sophie:

(And no, Sophie will NEVER take the subway, it’s *disgusting*)

Edit and off topic: is the subway that bad in NYC? I really have no complaints about it in Europe. In fact, I love it.
    Last edited by Alex.; 04-11-2024 at 01:18 PM.

Glad Sophie's going to be with her sisters. I'm also happy their focusing on more than just the team. I was thinking it would be cool to have dedicated school book that focuses on the whole school rather than just a team and this feels like it is similar to that.

This book is so much of what I wanted out of a post-Krakoa book. Exploring mutant culture in a big city, young, diverse cast. Everything they're saying on Twitter is pitch perfect. But I haven't loved most of what I've read from them so I'm skeptical.

I've liked their Stat Trek book, and I'm here for the Academy X love. Let's go.

Prodigy getting some love is always great. I hope this time he is written as competent as he should be.
    Anole will not be an x-baby anymore like he was in New Mutants. Good too.

I guess Miss Too-good-for-the-new-x-men and Ms Marvel are necessary for this comics to get any hope of reaching two digits.

Not sure about Sophie. I don't even know what she has been up too in Krakoa era.

Anyway, it's a good surprise. I was expecting Kamala, Laura and a bunch of OC instead. Or worst, Wrongslide.

Only 5 kids. The downside is we all would want to see some other X-kids too, so 6 or 7 member would have been nice. The upside is that with a limited line-up, there will be enough room for all of them to get solid character development, or at least I hope so.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way