Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If this had a different creative team I would probably give it a shot, but I don't know that I trust these writers with this premise. I also just can't stand Laura, I've tried with her I really have but she irritates me. Kamala doesn't need to be here, just give her a solo book.

Really concerned about the status quo of this new era where everyone is scattered and doing their own thing. All the adults, including Dani and Emma, were just like "Krakoa is gone, good luck kids, byyyyyyye!"?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This book is so much of what I wanted out of a post-Krakoa book. Exploring mutant culture in a big city, young, diverse cast. Everything they're saying on Twitter is pitch perfect. But I haven't loved most of what I've read from them so I'm skeptical.
    This is what I am feeling too. I want to just look forward to it so I will keep in mind that writers I like deliver stinkers and I have been surprised by writers I had sworn off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If this had a different creative team I would probably give it a shot, but I don't know that I trust these writers with this premise. I also just can't stand Laura, I've tried with her I really have but she irritates me. Kamala doesn't need to be here, just give her a solo book.

Really concerned about the status quo of this new era where everyone is scattered and doing their own thing. All the adults, including Dani and Emma, were just like "Krakoa is gone, good luck kids, byyyyyyye!"?
    Wouldn't be the first time the older generation has done the youngsters dirty like that...

Jackson Lanzing tweeted that he sees the characters in this book in their early 20s, except for Kamala.

I find it hard to believe Ayala's naive Anole was 20 during Krakoa, but I'm glad they're being aged up a bit.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well 3 members of Academy X in this book and one in X-Force. They do better than now than the Krakoa era.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm still mad at the writers for removing all the non-synergy members from Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy, and spitting at Nova's face by adding a multi-genocidal monster in the team.
    On the other side, it seems they did a very good job on Captain America.

Not sure about the artist. Googled some art, and that seem ok-ish.

That cover is atrocious. Pichelli is way better than that, usually.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

It's the X-men, they have always been useless teachers and never give two damns about the kids nor their safety, it's not very shocking, it's just the usual.

ok that writer got me more excited for the title. I hope the artist is decent.

Im torn on this roster.

Like I like the cast. Laura, David, Vic are longtime favorites. Sophie is interesting but at the same time we've seen the "Cuckoo trying to be their own person" story like every 3 years. And Kamala is given because she's the Marvel A-Lister.

Im biased but I would probably swap Sophie or David for Julian.

OR

Have Julian be the "6th Ranger" of the book.

OR

Have Julian star in a West Coast version of the book in Los Angles called LAX! (Its a pun! Because the airport is LAX, hire me Marvel XD )
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

This one’s not for me. Laura is the only real draw and she’s not enough to pull me in.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

I'm glad the Academy X kids are getting some love, but I'm going to pass on this. I am truly, honestly sick of Kamala. And Laura's costume is atrocious.

Yeah i dont really get the Kamala push but thats Marvel for you.

To be fair, they should all be adults by now. And it’s X-men tradition to abandon the younger ones, the NXM in particular are always forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Jackson Lanzing tweeted that he sees the characters in this book in their early 20s, except for Kamala.

I find it hard to believe Ayala's naive Anole was 20 during Krakoa, but I'm glad they're being aged up a bit.
    This makes sense, especially since they’re introducing yet another new generation in other books,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's the X-men, they have always been useless teachers and never give two damns about the kids nor their safety, it's not very shocking, it's just the usual.
    I still remember the running gag, during the Utopia era, about them not being bothered to remember the names of the X-kids.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way