Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The roster is kinda random, like "who are the most popular x-teens except Hellion" but I'm not against it.

On the one hand, Kamala is finally back in her classic costume! But I wonder if this is a last ditch attempt to keep her relevant as a Mutant when it could've gone to other characters.

I guess this is going for a kind of a young adult Superhero Mutant community vibe. Kind of curious what kind of tone/style they'll go for.

Laura's new suit is...something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah i dont really get the Kamala push but thats Marvel for you.
    Kamala's easily one of the most popular and beloved characters Marvel's made in decades

There's nothing to get, it's obvious why she being pushed.

That said I would appreciate if she stayed off X-Men teams, because this is just proving the criticism of mutant characters right, where they have to be X-Men associated and can't do their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    Kamala's easily one of the most popular and beloved characters Marvel's made in decades

There's nothing to get, it's obvious why she being pushed.

That said I would appreciate if she stayed off X-Men teams, because this is just proving the criticism of mutant characters right, where they have to be X-Men associated and can't do their own thing.
    Yeah but she was already popular without being a mutant. And now they are pushing her into the mutant side.

Yeah but she was already popular without being a mutant. And now they are pushing her into the mutant side.
    Exactly. I liked her before she was shoe horned into being a mutant for movie synergy. Now I found her as a forced character.

BANNED

That's a completely separate question than why she's being pushed at all.
    And the answer to that is obvious, they're trying to chase MCU synergy

Mighty Member

I’m underwhelmed by all the “hype”

I’ll give the main titles a chance and X-force, but I honestly don’t feel excited

Also… Laura’s costume is ugly as hell.. that’s the only theme I can sense.. most of the new era costumes are hideous.

Well I guess they are smart because theyll be getting the (MAYBE) Laura fans, Kamala fans, and maybe some Academy X fans.

That should at least get this series 10-15 issues IMO which i think is more than the Pheonix solo will get if im being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    That's a completely separate question than why she's being pushed at all.
    And the answer to that is obvious, they're trying to chase MCU synergy
    Yup. Not sure if they thought the MCU Inhumans would drag Kamala down or if she'd be popular enough to lift up incoming X-Men projects, but either way, not a fan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wow that creative team is a total hype-killer.

Like I like the general team, nice to see Anole in a starring role for once but Kelly and Jackson are absolutely trash writers. Their last and current works are all around awful.

Oh well maybe if this book is kept to street scale it might be pretty good. The writers always bomb when they try for big and grandiose stories cause they utterly lack the writing ability to handle high concept stories.

While I am happy people are getting characters they enjoy in a title I have to say … I audibly LOL when I saw this cover.

Good Luck, this title will need it.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that if Laura has to be in that book, they should have at least gave her some street clothes to fit with the rest of the cast. She and Kamala stand up in the bad way compared to the others who wear street clothes. And like many have said that uniform is fugly.
    Kamala has a secret identity. It's only public knowledge that Ms. Marvel is a mutant, not Kamala Khan. Unless something changes by the end of Mutant Menace. If Laura wasn't in costume Kamala would be the odd one out, but it doesn't make sense for Kamala to not be in costume when she's with other superheroes or mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I'll give this a shot, almost solely because of Sophie. I'm not the biggest fan of them splitting up the Cuckoos though.
    It IS odd to see one on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Jackson Lanzing tweeted that he sees the characters in this book in their early 20s, except for Kamala.
    Laura was 20 in All-New Wolverine and the others are the same generation as her, makes sense for them to be 21 (except Sophie, who's a clone of Emma Frost and thus is much younger than her physical appearance). Kamala should be 18, I assume she's finally graduated school if she's living in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Exactly. I liked her before she was shoe horned into being a mutant for movie synergy. Now I found her as a forced character.
    Thing is, MCU Kamala isn't even destined to be an X-Man - The Marvels ended with her basically recruiting the Young Avengers - her team will be a combination of the YAs and Champions (probably just herself and Ironheart from the latter). So it would've been better synergy to relaunch Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What he tweeted about Bruno seems Ominous.

https://x.com/jacksonlanzing/status/...sJDuK8mKULxqkA

I’ve just realized how Dust would have been the perfect character to help integrate Kamala with the rest. She’s been on Kamala’s Champions and was on the New X-men alongside Anole (also YXM), Prodigy and Laura.

Laura and Kamala are probably the most there for sales and branding, even if I still think trying to push Kamala prominently as a Mutant is dumb.

Maybe I need a better look at Laura's new suit but it feels like it'll be the weakest she's had visually in a long time.