Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Laura's costume looks horrible

This looks good.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm hoping it's the artist's interpretation and the interiors will do it more justice.
    I usually like Sarah Pichelli's work, but this cover isn't her strongest.

So here me out on my LAX pitch/prologue in NYX:

For the first 12 issues of NYX we just see Hellion couch surfing between the main five's apartments doing random stuff to pay rent ie gig delivery, only fans, being laura's sidekick etc and then he finds out his parents are dead and is rich and then moves back to LA.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Very Warhammer.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The roster is kinda random, like "who are the most popular x-teens except Hellion" but I'm not against it.
    To be fair, most characters and teams have lost their continuities and contexts decade(s) ago.

And the Krakoa era made things even worse by essentialy throwing everyone in a big bucket, where they seemingly just sat around picking their nose on the island until a writer either required their power for a quick plot resolution, artist required noticable character to fill backrounds or a writer considered them for one of the many short lived series.

So random is now the standard and personal continuities of characters is merely a footnote if not entirely ignored in favor of writers wanting to fill a certain hole in their roster, even if the character's shape no longer matches it.

It looks confused. Just like how she has been written for years now.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-11-2024 at 04:09 PM.

I'll buy it for the cast.

BANNED

I'm just hoping Laura is better written here than she was during the Krakoa era words can't describe how it felt seeing a character I love go from having her own ongoing solo book, with a prominent spot in a team book, be downgraded to a background character at worst and at best an accessory for an off brand Rouge.

But then again I already associate bad things with NYX as a title it is also the series that added the awful child prostitution angle to her backstory, different creative team I know but I'm still weary.

They should've either kept Laura's X-Men costume or give her a darker Wolverine suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    I'm just hoping Laura is better written here than she was during the Krakoa era words can't describe how it felt seeing a character I love go from having her own ongoing solo book, with a prominent spot in a team book, be downgraded to a background character at worst and at best an accessory for an off brand Rouge.

But then again I already associate bad things with NYX as a title it is also the series that added the awful child prostitution angle to her backstory, different creative team I know but I'm still weary.
    Nobody seemed to know what to do with her as Wolverine. Throw her on an X-Team where her only real storyline is with Synch (and that's a can of worms), get replaced by a character whose core function was being Synch's girlfriend (not that I think he's off brand Rogue).

At least she had X-Terminators.

Mighty Member

The writers' Captain America was terrible. I've avoided them since, this won't be changing that.

But man, I thought X-Force's roster was going to put me to sleep. Little did I know it would get worse. I enjoy Kamala as a solo hero, and I like the concept of Laura, though again more solo. But yikes.

I couldn't run farther away from this any faster. Dead on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So. Laura basically is the street level wolverine now. I'm good with that
    Same, should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    When I thought Laura's costume couldn't get worse...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that if Laura has to be in that book, they should have at least gave her some street clothes to fit with the rest of the cast. She and Kamala stand up in the bad way compared to the others who wear street clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    what the hell is Laura wearing there?
    I thought the same thing! The biggest downside to this (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    RIP to Kiden Nixon lol.
    I sincerely hope she turns up. We haven't seen her since Logan came and got Laura. She could still be alive. And with Laura in the book I wouldn't rule out her turning up!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Wait, Laura's wearing armor? I thought it was just an ugly puff jacket
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I hope we get some Rockslide/Wrongslide follow up with Anole.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So here me out on my LAX pitch/prologue in NYX:

For the first 12 issues of NYX we just see Hellion couch surfing between the main five's apartments doing random stuff to pay rent ie gig delivery, only fans, being laura's sidekick etc and then he finds out his parents are dead and is rich and then moves back to LA.
    He breaks his pelvis during his Only Fans gig, binding him to a wheelchair for the time being. He uses his newfound money not to help himself recover, but to make a permanent home for other mutants by buying back this family's mansion.

The five we see on the cover are the first five he brings in. He has the mutant with glasses, the beastly physical fighter, the psychic girl, the gay one, and the one people are sort of iffy about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I hope we get some Rockslide/Wrongslide follow up with Anole.
    At this point, I’m hoping that Madelyne Pryor is able to get OG Rockslide back through Limbo. He did previously reform his body there, so he has a connection to the land. Plus Maddie is no stranger to reviving people.