Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    They missed the opportunity to call this "X and the city" though.
    Well done!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

We should get some covers for issue 1 tomorrow, since XF hit yesterday and Phoenix today.
    Eager to see Laura’s costume in full and clinging to the hope that Kamala’s X costume is still around.

Hopefully NYX doesnt get kiddie variants.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    well it was a mutant fantasy that humans ruined again

people are really getting offended by that tagline

they arent on their safe mutant island anymore

so yeah theyre back in the lame real world where they have to worry about hate and bigotry again
    Gonna miss that island. I liked them being there and safe. Still feel there were a lot of good stories they could have told there. Maybe it will still be around in the next era.
    Hope this book turns out well!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    LOL at this tagline; I guess Krakoa wasn't "the real world".

I wouldn't count a creepy island like Krakoa as the real world but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'd argue the story is just inherently stupid regardless of it was an AU.

The gist is that Groot becomes an all-consuming planet monster that horrifyingly absorbs an entire solar systems worth of people and we're supposed to think its a good thing because "its natural" and "people are connected" turning the Guardians into a brainwashed cult.

Rather neatly sums up all the issues with Kelly and Lanzing, they love doing high concept stories that change everything but lack any writing ability to actually handle their ideas so they just wind up incredibly pretentious and stupid.
    Nah; I disagre. Ill always value ambition over doing something safe that everyone will like even if they don't land everything. And 7 thought that despite its bold directions it was a very tried and true guardians story.

I also liked their batman beyond run, what I read of it at least. But I didnt finish that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Lmfao what? She's the only one of the characters in the cover who's actually popular. If you showed the picture of Sophie to someone and said "guess who this is" it could be any number of 30 identical blonde women
    Yeah. after the cover leaked and before the announcement came out I saw Kiden Nixon from the original NYX mentioned. It also, of course, could've been any of the other four Cuckoos.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    We should get some covers for issue 1 tomorrow, since XF hit yesterday and Phoenix today.
    Eager to see Laura’s costume in full and clinging to the hope that Kamala’s X costume is still around.
    I'm guessing she'll have switched back to her classic look before the end of the last issue of Mutant Menace, it was already teased in issue 1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    LOL at this tagline; I guess Krakoa wasn't "the real world".

LMAO I love Krakoa but that tagline is clearly a reference to the reality show The Real World that threw 7 youngsters together in a different city each season

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I'm not so sure. For one, when writers turn heroes into villains, they tend to go really hard on it, sometimes in ways that are unredeemable. Think Scarlet Witch with Decimation, Nature Girls and Beast. Would you like to have the character lean in hard into this angle? I'd say he'd be there for 5/10 years at most, then he'd be replaced by the villain of the era, never to be seen again (not even as background). That's why I'm leaning towards those characters.

However, I'm the type of person who... how can I say this delicately? If I was French in 1789, I'd likely be actively participating in the revolution. So I think instead of a villain, I'd have him as a neutral part, doing gray stuff. Say, mutants are actively fighting and hurting mutants. He's not a part of them, but he prevents humans from shooting these mutants down. Why? "I don't want my friends to die again" "What about the humans who are hurting" "A price I'm willing to pay".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'd be sincerely worried about Julian getting offed if they made him full-on villain. Guy's already been sidelined for ages. Would sincerely love if he went grey-hat vigilante, though.
    I'm iffy because, like you said, he's more about the ones he loves and to hell with others. He still loves his parents despite everything, last time we saw them interact. He's perfect when he's morally gray.
    l
    Imo though, Hellion is probably one of the few characters who could turn villain and be completely justified in doing so. There area already seeds planted for him to be the next Magneto - the only thing is that he isn't willing to kill humans yet. But as long as he's well-written (which, as Alex. pointed out, is a crapshoot) pushing him as some big villain could put him in the spotlight and develop things already set up for him. (And it'd be the perfect way to address the X-Men letting so many students down over the years.) Sure, he could get killed off and pushed aside for the next big thing. But I'd rather he shines bright until he burns away, rather than have him fade in the shadows forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Nah; I disagre. Ill always value ambition over doing something safe that everyone will like even if they don't land everything. And 7 thought that despite its bold directions it was a very tried and true guardians story.

I also liked their batman beyond run, what I read of it at least. But I didnt finish that yet.
    In what way?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post

I stopped giving them points when it becomes clear they are completely incapable of managing their big ideas well.

Its very clear they do not have the writing ability to handle high-concept stories, which makes them foolish for constantly shooting for the moon instead of trying for something more feasible to write.

Variant covers tomorrow right

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    They missed the opportunity to call this "X and the city" though.
    Way back in 2003, Wizard ran an article (for April Fool's Day) where they announced an adult theme X-Book actually called X in the city! It was to be written by Geoff Johns who actually pretended that the book was going through and gave an interview. It was to be a mature audience MAX book focusing on Northstar IIRC. The plan for the book actually seems very close to what would actually become the original NYX. Not too surprising as the concept for an adult themed X-Book for MAX with a theme similar to all of these was in the works from writer Brian Wood for a few years at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Way back in 2003, Wizard ran an article (for April Fool's Day) where they announced an adult theme X-Book actually called X in the city! It was to be written by Geoff Johns who actually pretended that the book was going through and gave an interview. It was to be a mature audience MAX book focusing on Northstar IIRC. The plan for the book actually seems very close to what would actually become the original NYX. Not too surprising as the concept for an adult themed X-Book for MAX with a theme similar to all of these was in the works from writer Brian Wood for a few years at that point.
    Ah !
    I unironically thinks it's actually a very good idea for a book. We almost had that with Liu's Astonishing too.

New covers for issue 1 are up. Not too exciting, no reveals.
    http://spr.ly/6013b89WN

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg