• Dawnstar

20 48.78%
  • Blok

12 29.27%
  • White Witch

11 26.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I voted for Matter-Eater Lad, Element Lad, Lightning Lass, Dream Girl, Sensor Girl, Dawnstar and Blok.

Unlike the other thread, where I could have voted for everyone, this time I had more that didn't stand out to me, so I felt more justified in casting slightly more votes.

... I maybe oughtta have voted for Shadow Lass too though, to be honest. She rules.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Well, this is a list of very good to great characters. Tyroc is the only one that was poorly conceived, but became a better character during 5YL. I don't even mind his 70s outfit as much as I once did, but wouldn't want to see it return. Matter-Eater Lad is a bit of an anachronism, but he has his fans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, this is a list of very good to great characters.
    Almost every character on this list has elements I love. Their look, their power, their personality or interactions with others. Even if, in some cases, they had much more potential than realized development, such as Chemical King, Ferro Lad and Tyroc.

The glaring exception is Blok, who came off as a the POV character that everything Legion-y had to be explained to. The naif. The only thing I liked about Blok is that he ended up paired with Timber Wolf a lot, and that Timber Wolf benefitted from having a friend on the team, and someone to interact with.

(If I'd been picking a member of the League of Super-Assassins to do a face turn and become a hero, it would have been someone with a more distinctive and visually dynamic power, not common as dirt among Legionnaires, like Lazon! Or Neutrax, although his 'shut people's powers off' power would be annoying plot-wise.)