Exclamation Twitter thread and Q&A from Jackson Lanzing about NYX

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...04260659069076

Interesting stuff.

Seems to be saying all the right things.

What’s he saying? I don’t have Twitter.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    "It can finally be told.

⚡️The Hivemind is writing NYX⚡️

This isn't a book about X-Men. This is a book about MUTANTS. How they live past the end of their world and into a new beginning. Not only how they SURVIVE in a world that hates and fears them...

...but how they THRIVE."

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    "It can finally be told.

This isn't a book about X-Men. This is a book about MUTANTS. How they live past the end of their world and into a new beginning. Not only how they SURVIVE in a world that hates and fears them...

...but how they THRIVE."
    God bless you. I also do not have a Twitter.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonLanzing
    It can finally be told.

...but how they THRIVE.

This is MS. MARVEL embracing her mutantdom on the Lower East Side.

ANOLE looking fabulous in green behind the city's hottest bar.

WOLVERINE in every Bushwick shadow, protecting her own.

PRODIGY writing history as it happens...

... and SOPHIE CUCKOO living in every moment.

Collin and I are honored to be following the Krakoa Era - easily one of our favorite things Marvel has ever done - with a story that embraces mutant community activism and pop-punk young adult messiness.

This is the kind of book we came to Marvel to write.

And to do so with a wide ensemble cast of our favorite characters from Marvel stories old and new - including My Literal Favorite, Kamala Khan - is such a dream and a joy.

I can't wait for you to get lost in these strange mutant streets.

Oh, and it's pronounced EN-WHY-ECKS.

And always spelled in caps.

Obviously.

Collin comment: Inspired by the original NYX, YOUNG AVENGERS and RUNAWAYS… this is genuinely a dream title, telling the *exact* story we want. Something that celebrates Krakoa, while also learning to move on.

(And no, Sophie will NEVER take the subway, it’s *disgusting*)
    Question: Any possible crossover with Cody Ziglar’s MM:SM??? I’d love to see more Miles/Kamala team ups

So would I! We're determined to stand in our own light for the first arc, but Zig's a great writer and Miles is never far from our thoughts.
    Question: Congrats love your work and this team is really interesting. Im just glad as a long time kamala fan to see her back in the iconic look again.

Thank you! We're PSYCHED.

And I love what Iman and Sabir have done with the character as she investigates her intersectionality - her return to the classic look is meant to continue that conversation.
    Question: I'm excited to see what you guys do with Anole and Prodigy. Im extremely intrigued by what age range you think Anole and Prodigy are. And I hope you explore Sophie's parentage. Wink wink nudge nudge <3

Age is a tricky thing on the Marvel sliding timescale, but all the main characters of NYX - except Kamala - are in their early 20s.

And hey, you know who lives down in Lower Manhattan ever since Sentinel of Liberty... 🤣
    Question: Why is someone who can heal wearing so much armour ? Is she allergic to gains and the sun ?

Laura's new costume is a huge bit of storytelling for us. See Issue #1 to understand why.
    Question: Love Laura’s new look. Is that Synch and which one of the Cuckoos?

That's Prodigy and Sophie.

Love Synch though. His name's been on our lips a *lot* while developing NYX. So we'll see.
    Question: You and Kelly are killing it with Outsiders and I'll be there day one for NYX. Could you guys steal the design sheet for Wolverine's new suit though? Like is she wearing a Puffer Jacket like a real New Yorker now

Look, healing factor doesn't help against that February chill.
    Question: One last question will original NYX characters appear???
    Spoilers.

But one of them turns into a cat, so knowing us, like, probably.
    Question: Honestly as a huge x-men fan, this lineup doesn’t super excite me apart from Prodigy, but I love what you guys have done with Star Trek, and you have an amazing artist, so I will give it a chance.

Thank you, Gary. FWIW: the lineup is only for our core five. This book has a much larger cast than the cover can hold - we're not a team book, we're an exploration of community.

So your faves may yet appear.
    Question: Will this be a set roster or will is circulate new members as it goes on? Also did u have pick of who u wanted to use?
    This isn't a "set roster" kind of book. These are our point of view characters for each of the first five issues - but we'll be expanding both cast and perspective as the story builds beyond.
    Question: Hopefully Sophie will see her sisters along the way!
    Oh, she will.

But will she be glad she did?

Time will tell.
    Question: Whatever hints you can spare about what Prodigy will be doing for the first arc would be amazing 🙏🏾🙏🏾
    He's trying something new.

In more ways than one.
    Question: NICE! 👍 Congrats to you And Collin on this new gig.

Will there be any appearances from the other Academy X or New X-Men kids (especially Hellion)? Will there be involvement from Kamala's friends, supporting cast, and other family?
    Thanks Streez - and absolutely yes to both of your questions.

Academy X, New X-Men, Ms. Marvel and especially The New Mutant are foundational texts for what we’re doing.
    That's it so far.

Astonishing Member

I have a theory. Laura ends up gives her healing factor to logan in the end of sabertooth war to save his life. That's why she has the armor.