Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Iron-man 17 Review

Anyone read this. it was a good character study of Stark and well its nice to see flashbacks to certain eras and villains and people he affected and it was satisfying to see Feilong realizing he fucked up so badly with what he has done, especially when the machines just betrayed him and giving some regret to Stark like he's begging for Tony to clean up his mess despite all the horrid **** he did. Tony getting saved in the nick of time by Magneto was great, glad it tie in to the Resurrection of Magneto which mentioned this. I wonder how many Marvel civilians are gonna still root for Orchis after this. There's probably gonna be alot of humans that will say Orchis was a good idea in how to deal with the mutant menace but it went wrong for trusting and giving authority to AI, trying to rationalize themselves in that. Anyway, what you think.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone read this. it was a good character study of Stark and well its nice to see flashbacks to certain eras and villains and people he affected and it was satisfying to see Feilong realizing he fucked up so badly with what he has done, especially when the machines just betrayed him and giving some regret to Stark like he's begging for Tony to clean up his mess despite all the horrid **** he did. Tony getting saved in the nick of time by Magneto was great, glad it tie in to the Resurrection of Magneto which mentioned this. I wonder how many Marvel civilians are gonna still root for Orchis after this. There's probably gonna be alot of humans that will say Orchis was a good idea in how to deal with the mutant menace but it went wrong for trusting and giving authority to AI, trying to rationalize themselves in that. Anyway, what you think.
    Generally cosigned. Sadly, I could see a lot of humans in the MU still rationalizing away how Orchis exploited their anti-mutant bigotry to manipulate them into surrendering their world, their futures, and their very lives and souls to malevolent machines with no care for any organic life, human or mutant, on the basis of just hating and fearing mutants that much, which would also be unfortunately very true to life. Also, f*** Feilong.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I wish I was a bit more familiar with Stark's history cause I'm sure the flashbacks had a lot more impact to those who are familiar. Magneto showing up was awesome. And I must echo Huntsman Spider... f*** Feilong.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

You know what would be really handy right now? Hank Pym’s Pym particles. They would shrink down every Orchis threat, including Nimrod, down into the microverse to stay. No more giant Sentinels, no more Orchis satellites. Anybody that posed a threat could be shrunk out of existence.

We got the good Duggan with this issue
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    You know what would be really handy right now? Hank Pym’s Pym particles. They would shrink down every Orchis threat, including Nimrod, down into the microverse to stay. No more giant Sentinels, no more Orchis satellites. Anybody that posed a threat could be shrunk out of existence.
    You want Sentinels manipulating atoms?
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Enigma has already subverted part of the web of life and destiny and crippled both the Phoenix and the WHR. Somehow drawing his attention to the microverse doesn’t strike me as a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Enigma has already subverted part of the web of life and destiny and crippled both the Phoenix and the WHR. Somehow drawing his attention to the microverse doesn’t strike me as a good idea
    Good point there.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    You want Sentinels manipulating atoms?
    I meant the Avengers not Orchis using Pym particles, to help the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I meant the Avengers not Orchis using Pym particles, to help the X-Men.
    That would make more sense. The Infinite Avengers Mansion, repurposed as the Infinite X-Mansion, could be great to see again.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It was a nice sort of introspective for his memoire, if a bit tedious overall. And Feilong really should have been dead-dead by the end of the issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It was a nice sort of introspective for his memoire, if a bit tedious overall. And Feilong really should have been dead-dead by the end of the issue.
    Yeah really. His whole boo-hoo I'm sorry the AI were manipulating me act was annoying. After everything he and his sentinels have done he can kick rocks.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah really. His whole boo-hoo I'm sorry the AI were manipulating me act was annoying. After everything he and his sentinels have done he can kick rocks.
    Exactatiously. This issue was a disappointment in that regard. But with Maggie showing up next issue it should be better and hopefully Feilong will finally eat dirt as he deserves.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wish I was a bit more familiar with Stark's history cause I'm sure the flashbacks had a lot more impact to those who are familiar. Magneto showing up was awesome. And I must echo Huntsman Spider... f*** Feilong.
    To be fair even hardcore Iron Mans had some issues with how those flashbacks and the characters they brought up were executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. This issue was a disappointment in that regard. But with Maggie showing up next issue it should be better and hopefully Feilong will finally eat dirt as he deserves.
    Pretty much, yeah.