View Poll Results: How would you prefer the events of Episode 5 be dealt with?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • The genocide stands.

37 42.53%
  • The genocide is completely undone with time travel.

7 8.05%
  • The genocide stands, but some character deaths are prevented with time travel.

43 49.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Let the Genocide stand. The deaths should remain for awhile (we know that always come back eventually). This gives other characters the chance to join the main cast and shine. I really hope Emma joins the team after the Genocide triggers her secondary mutation. Beau DeMayo knows how to write drama and Emma is perfect for this show.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    3 feels ideal to me. Cable saves a couple of people like Maddy and maybe Banshee or Moira while Remy's sacrifice stands and he probably gets brought back by Apocalypse as a Horseman.
    I think Moira needs to be saved... after all, if she's dead, considering later developments in the comics, wouldn't a reboot be immediately triggered? She should have plot armour for that reason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think Moira needs to be saved... after all, if she's dead, considering later developments in the comics, wouldn't a reboot be immediately triggered? She should have plot armour for that reason.
    What I'm saying is, her body here could simply be a Shi'ar golem or something. Moira was thought to be dead for most of Krakoa, even to most Krakoans, since she wanted to be hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Genocide cannot be undone. But I don't want Remy to be dead permanently. So my option is for Rogue to do something desperate/questionable to bring him back.

Magneto is alive. I'm sure of it. Leech hid Magneto's powers so that's why the Sentinel takes him for neutralized.
    My main guess as to why we see so few actual characters on Genosha is that the canonical death toll of named characters is low. Which is kind of lame, and why they had guys like Gambit and Magneto be so front and center with getting killed.

I think the attack on Genosha must stand, but somehow Gambit needs to be saved. I mean even in the comics many of the mutant victims in Genosha have been brought back (but I assume they never finished the work, is this correct? Someone who pays attention more than I have lately correct me ..).

I agree some things should not be undone. For example in the comics Thunderbird should have stayed dead. I liked that some deaths occurred before the Cerebro enhancement (that makes the miracle of resurrection still sort of tragic).

But as far as the cartoon it was such an impactful episode because of the high drama, action, and emotions of the characters and our attachment to them (especially Gambit). I think we can undo his death and it doesn't take away what we felt when we watched it for the first time.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Wasn't she introduced as a human during the Council scene?

BANNED

I don't think Moira is necessarily a mutant in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Wasn't she introduced as a human during the Council scene?
    Moira tricked people into thinking she was human in the comics, and her X-Gene made her undetectable as one. She'd defs be seen as human, and she wouldn't want people to think otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Moira tricked people into thinking she was human in the comics, and her X-Gene made her undetectable as one. She'd defs be seen as human, and she wouldn't want people to think otherwise.
    Well in the event they do eventually go the Moira X route, here’s hoping that they don’t just eviscerate her character like they did in the comics. It was so surreal seeing an in-character Moira after so many years.

Cable. The answer is Cable.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”